• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Redskins Misc News & Info

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I understand that but the point is that I do not believe Ron Rivera is the savior some of you all think he is. To not blindly give him our support and not being confused at last week is fine. What has Ron Rivera done in his past for us to absolutely trust him? Panthers fans were more than happy to get rid of him. I support him but that doesn't mean I am going to agree with everything he is doing or make him out to be somebody he is not. Its not like he is a Hall of Fame coach or anything.

Did you know that out of 9 seasons as the Panther coach...he only had 3 winnings seasons? I think you are not understanding what myself and other fans are saying. RR needs to earn trust here and so far, I am not seeing alot of things that instill trust. Its very early, but I am not going to kiss the ring of RR and the Front Office when what has been going on is just confusing. Again, if RR had a proven history of building dynasties and being in the playoffs each year, I can understand showing patience and "trusting the process". The problem is, Skins fans are so numb to losing, we are looking for anyone to lead.

RR could win 5 Super Bowls here. That can happen. However, he can also be fired after year 3. What I do know is that we are pretty much done with Free Agency according to Grant Paulsen and that we are putting a tremendous amount of stress on our draft to fill massive holes. Smith said we would use FA to fill in holes and FA would set up the draft. If they are changing strategies mid stream, that is fine. It should bother us that our starting LT and our #1 CB both want out. TW is on Bruce but it appears Dunbar wanting out is a combination of Bruce and RR/Smith.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I understand that but the point is that I do not believe Ron Rivera is the savior some of you all think he is. To not blindly give him our support and not being confused at last week is fine. What has Ron Rivera done in his past for us to absolutely trust him? Panthers fans were more than happy to get rid of him. I support him but that doesn't mean I am going to agree with everything he is doing or make him out to be somebody he is not. Its not like he is a Hall of Fame coach or anything.

Did you know that out of 9 seasons as the Panther coach...he only had 3 winnings seasons? I think you are not understanding what myself and other fans are saying. RR needs to earn trust here and so far, I am not seeing alot of things that instill trust. Its very early, but I am not going to kiss the ring of RR and the Front Office when what has been going on is just confusing. Again, if RR had a proven history of building dynasties and being in the playoffs each year, I can understand showing patience and "trusting the process". The problem is, Skins fans are so numb to losing, we are looking for anyone to lead.

RR could win 5 Super Bowls here. That can happen. However, he can also be fired after year 3. What I do know is that we are pretty much done with Free Agency according to Grant Paulsen and that we are putting a tremendous amount of stress on our draft to fill massive holes. Smith said we would use FA to fill in holes and FA would set up the draft. If they are changing strategies mid stream, that is fine. It should bother us that our starting LT and our #1 CB both want out. TW is on Bruce but it appears Dunbar wanting out is a combination of Bruce and RR/Smith.

Spot on man!
I can't remember who posted it but taking a wait and see position seems best for all of us who follow and support this team.

What I can get in board with is giving the "new" effort a chance because it is or at least it's supposed to be change. Sadly, our collective despair has us in position to measure progress against a backdrop featuring the Dan Snyder Trio ( Cerrato & Allen)

While it appears to be change, for now, it's all that we have. Some have decided to buy into it, that is, until they cannot afford to do so in time. In part that's probably what and who you're referring to here, while others are taking that wait and see stance. Perhaps this is the change that this organization needs perhaps it isn't. For now... We wait.

Last edited:

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
look no one is asking anyone to kiss the ring of anyone . that is just BS hyperbole . what is being said is stop panicking when guys you think we should sign dont . stop reading stuff into things that arent true and simply give the guy a chance to run the team his way . the guy had his team in a superbowl . far better then any coach we have had since 92

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
look no one is asking anyone to kiss the ring of anyone . that is just BS hyperbole . what is being said is stop panicking when guys you think we should sign dont . stop reading stuff into things that arent true and simply give the guy a chance to run the team his way . the guy had his team in a superbowl . far better then any coach we have had since 92

Agree with your post dad. I am supporting the change but by no means do I think we have the Belichek. It seems when you say give the guy a chance you get a response like "you guys think RR is the savior." I haven't seen one person say that.