• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Redskins' Kirk Cousins: Still far apart on extension terms

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No. I never said he didn't have a bad game. Can you possibly follow the English language? I asked about the four missed TDs you are emphatically crying about.

Who said I have a lot of money? I mean, I don't go around breaking TVs over football games but I have never mentioned how much money I have.

rewatch the game

Zooky

I make chunk plays.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
118 pages! Keep it going. I am enjoying this.

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No. I never said he didn't have a bad game. Can you possibly follow the English language? I asked about the four missed TDs you are emphatically crying about.

Who said I have a lot of money? I mean, I don't go around breaking TVs over football games but I have never mentioned how much money I have.

While I do believe Kirk could be, how do I put this, lets say charged with missing 4 TD opportunities in the 1st Dallas game. My focus far as that game looks at 3 plays with 2 of them being mandatory for a good/great QB in the NFL to connect on.

Redskins 1st possession - 3rd n 7 from the Dallas 38 yd ln - Cuz badly overthrows an all alone JC running inside the Dallas 5 yd ln and a good 5 yards behind everyone. KC has to make this play imo.

Redskins 3rd possession - 3rd n 15 from the Redskins 20 yd ln - Cuz badly overthrows Djax who had gotten behind his coverage. This is the one play of the three that I give Cuz a semi-pass on. Considering down, distance and where the Skins were at on the field. Oh, but to hit on an 80 yd TD on 3rd n 15 would've been pretty sweet.

Redskins 1st possession of the 4th quarter. 1st and 10 Redskins 21 yd ln, Cousins hits Dotson with a 57 yd comp down to the Dallas 22 yd ln. Not only was Cuz really late on this play far as when he threw the ball. I believe the overthrows of the 1st half were on his mind and due to this. He terribly under-throws Dotson who has to wait on the pass which allows a Dallas defender back into position to push Dotson out of bounds at the Dallas 22 yd ln. This should've been another fairly easy 6 points for the Skins on this play. Unfortunately for the Skins, this particular drive ended when Kirk threw an end-zone INT (another play where he was really late on going to Reed in the back of the end-zone)

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While I do believe Kirk could be, how do I put this, lets say charged with missing 4 TD opportunities in the 1st Dallas game. My focus far as that game looks at 3 plays with 2 of them being mandatory for a good/great QB in the NFL to connect on.

Redskins 1st possession - 3rd n 7 from the Dallas 38 yd ln - Cuz badly overthrows an all alone JC running inside the Dallas 5 yd ln and a good 5 yards behind everyone. KC has to make this play imo.

Redskins 3rd possession - 3rd n 15 from the Redskins 20 yd ln - Cuz badly overthrows Djax who had gotten behind his coverage. This is the one play of the three that I give Cuz a semi-pass on. Considering down, distance and where the Skins were at on the field. Oh, but to hit on an 80 yd TD on 3rd n 15 would've been pretty sweet.

Redskins 1st possession of the 4th quarter. 1st and 10 Redskins 21 yd ln, Cousins hits Dotson with a 57 yd comp down to the Dallas 22 yd ln. Not only was Cuz really late on this play far as when he threw the ball. I believe the overthrows of the 1st half were on his mind and due to this. He terribly under-throws Dotson who has to wait on the pass which allows a Dallas defender back into position to push Dotson out of bounds at the Dallas 22 yd ln. This should've been another fairly easy 6 points for the Skins on this play. Unfortunately for the Skins, this particular drive ended when Kirk threw an end-zone INT (another play where he was really late on going to Reed in the back of the end-zone)

Redskins 1st possession- I agree he needs to hit that pass, no argument at all. I will say if you go back and look at the play, it appears he is trying to lead JC up field away from the defense, but yes...missed pass one.

Redskins 3rd possession- I agree it would have been nice to hit that pass. Now go back and look at it. When KC released the ball, DJ was not open, nor was he behind the defense. He overthrew a player that said he can't be overthrown. I agree it is a pass.

Redskins 4th quarter- Again, I agree with you. Doctson was so wide open KC lofted it in there to ensure the completion likely costing us a TD. I honestly don't mind it though. I will take the sure 57 yards and continue over trying to hit a totally wide open receiver in stride and missing. The interception really hurt.

See...you showed Dean how easy that was to have a conversation.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fair enough. Though given their performances both individually (stat-wise) and team-wise (wins/losses-wise). I'd say all 3 are on the same tier/level at present.

Not trying to be a dickhead or anything, but living in Cali, even in the southlands, we get our share of Raider games. The 2016 Raiders reminded a lot of the 2012 Redskins. Where everything just seemed to fall into place right when it needed to. They got some fortunate calls, and good bouncesw of the ball lasat year. Just like the Skins in 2012. The biggest difference though between the 12 Skins and the 16 Raiders is that Carr actually possesses NFL QB attributes and skill-sets.

And that Raiders team had a better supporting cast. Let's be real the Redskins were overall not that talented during that time & their defense left a lot to be desired. Sure they had RG3, Morris, Kerrigan & a few others , but no way their O line was anywhere near as good as last year's Raider's O line & they didn't have a defensive player on par with Mack nor a receiver as good as Cooper.

That Redskins defense had a little success towards the end of the season based almost exclusively on turnovers. Other than that they were horrible during that season. Thankfully the Redskins have made many improvements since that time (& still need more improvement).

Krusheasy

Still Not a Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 474.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cousisns LTD Countdown

i learned today Cousins deadline to sign is July 17th at 4pm

not july 15 ... as was the deadline for players to sign in 2016

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Redskins 1st possession- I agree he needs to hit that pass, no argument at all. I will say if you go back and look at the play, it appears he is trying to lead JC up field away from the defense, but yes...missed pass one.

Fair enough.

Redskins 3rd possession- I agree it would have been nice to hit that pass. Now go back and look at it. When KC released the ball, DJ was not open, nor was he behind the defense. He overthrew a player that said he can't be overthrown. I agree it is a pass.

I'll check it out far as what you say about the play breakdown. Man that whole 'no one can overthrow Djax.' thing pissed me off so bad when that shit first came out. Like anybody gives a shit about that.

Redskins 4th quarter- Again, I agree with you. Doctson was so wide open KC lofted it in there to ensure the completion likely costing us a TD. I honestly don't mind it though. I will take the sure 57 yards and continue over trying to hit a totally wide open receiver in stride and missing. The interception really hurt.

See...you showed Dean how easy that was to have a conversation.

I don't think KC needed to make a perfect pass hitting Dotson in stride or anything. The biggest boo boo imo was in how long it took KC to look over to/go to Dotson. Maybe that was by design though, I don't know.

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And that Raiders team had a better supporting cast. Let's be real the Redskins were overall not that talented during that time & their defense left a lot to be desired. Sure they had RG3, Morris, Kerrigan & a few others , but no way their O line was anywhere near as good as last year's Raider's O line & they didn't have a defensive player on par with Mack nor a receiver as good as Cooper.

That Redskins defense had a little success towards the end of the season based almost exclusively on turnovers. Other than that they were horrible during that season. Thankfully the Redskins have made many improvements since that time (& still need more improvement).

Looking back. The 2012 Skins team was indeed very fortunate that year. Like Griffin losing 12 fumbles that year, but only 2 were recovered by the opposition, while 2 of Griffin's fumbles were also recovered by Redskins WRs and turned into Redskins TDs.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fair enough.

I'll check it out far as what you say about the play breakdown. Man that whole 'no one can overthrow Djax.' thing pissed me off so bad when that shit first came out. Like anybody gives a shit about that.

I don't think KC needed to make a perfect pass hitting Dotson in stride or anything. The biggest boo boo imo was in how long it took KC to look over to/go to Dotson. Maybe that was by design though, I don't know.

Especially a noodle armed QB like KC, according to Dean.

I like how you admit what I too admit...we don't know the progressions.

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Especially a noodle armed QB like KC, according to Dean.

I like how you admit what I too admit...we don't know the progressions.

True. We don't know the progressions. Or if someone on the offense or the defense blew an assignment. Maybe that's why Dotson was so open and KC didn't look at him till he did. KC might've seen the defensive formation and thought, Dotson's gonna be covered for sure and maybe he should've been, but a Dallas DB blew his coverage.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Redskins

3 yrs fully guaranteed is a point

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Redskins

3 yrs fully guaranteed is a point
Not sure which article you are referencing, but I've always felt that the guaranteed money is probably more important than the overall value of the contract or the annual yearly commitment. I know it would be for me.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You missed the TD to Garcon when KC threw the ball at his feet and he was wide open in the corner of the end zone.

Plus the late 4th qtr pick in the endzone.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You missed the TD to Garcon when KC threw the ball at his feet and he was wide open in the corner of the end zone.

Plus the late 4th qtr pick in the endzone.

There was a 4th quarter pick...already mentioned. There wasn't a late 4th quarter one.

I can't find anything about the Garçon pass. You have been in error a lot recently so forgive me if I don't just take your word for it.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There was a 4th quarter pick...already mentioned. There wasn't a late 4th quarter one.

I can't find anything about the Garçon pass. You have been in error a lot recently so forgive me if I don't just take your word for it.

No I haven't. Here it is jackass!!!!

1st and 10 at DAL 34
(1:39 - 3rd) K.Cousins pass short middle to N.Paul to DAL 18 for 16 yards (C.Thornton) [A.Hitchens]. PENALTY on DAL-A.Hitchens, Roughing the Passer, 9 yards, enforced at DAL 18.

• 1st and Goal at DAL 9
    (1:06 - 3rd) M.Jones right tackle to DAL 9 for no gain (J.Crawford, C.Thornton).
  • 2nd and Goal at DAL 9
    (0:27 - 3rd) (Shotgun) PENALTY on DAL-C.Thornton, Encroachment, 5 yards, enforced at DAL 9 - No Play.
  • 2nd and Goal at DAL 4
    (0:16 - 3rd) K.Cousins pass incomplete short left to J.Doctson (B.Carr).
  • 3rd and Goal at DAL 4
    (0:12 - 3rd) (Shotgun) K.Cousins pass incomplete short right to P.Garcon.
  • 4th and Goal at DAL 4
    (0:04 - 3rd) D.Hopkins 22 yard field goal is GOOD, Center-N.Sundberg, Holder-T.Way.

Cowboys vs. Redskins - Play-By-Play - September 18, 2016 - ESPN