• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Redskins Free Agency 2017

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like your your (top list) suggestions. While I'd rather we keep both Djax and PG I;m beginning to think Djax is as good as gone. I'd place Stills in the top list as well. Though I've read reports claiming Stills could looking at a 12 mill per payday. That seems like a wishful thinking to me, but who knows. Also I've read the Eagles have significant interest in Stills. Seems like Philly is a hell want to go destination for FAs. I wonder what, or should I say, how shitty the word is far as Washington being a place Fas want to go.
I agree that DJax is going to the highest bidder. No worries, as his skill set limits him as does his leadership skills. If Cousins is retained, I believe PG is back as well. PG leads by example on and off the field so no need for Stills if this scenario plays out. I don't think PG will cost us $12M per year either. Those type of players, teammates are what we want and should have here. So with PG, Doctson, Crowder, Reed etc...We should likely look at a FA WR compliment to those players and also draft some speed in the later rounds. We should continue to develop Harris as well. I wouldn't mind a late round TE either.

Defensively, we need upgrades at each level starting with DL. Either Logan or Hankins will work along with possibly Baker, Williams or Poe. I really think Poe will be out of our price range as will Campbell from AZ. As Dad said, Jefferson should also be considered however, I think we will draft a safety between rounds 1-3. Hopefully we also draft an ILB in rounds 1-2. My draft choices would look something like this assuming we have (2) 4th's & (2) 5th's:

Round:
1; DL
2; ILB
3; S
4; RB, CB
5; TE, DL
6. OL
7. WR

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i think pryor or stills have to be signed if you are walking away from PG and DJAX , which dean has maintained will happen all along and it appears he is correct

i think benny logan is a must sign or poe or hankins

jefferson should be looked at

leary should be looked at

and i may roll the dice on campbell for the right price if you resign baker and add one of the above d/lineman

Im on record that Djax will walk but I thought we would at least make an offer for PG.

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can get on-board with that. Though I'd like to see it for a more sustainable period of time. I also like that even before he played. Skins coaches were high on him and liked what they saw. I certainly believe he's warranted for himself a significant bump in playing time.
yeah, but where? LG?

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
looks like all 3 will talk at the combine and i bet baker enters into it too

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
nsehke is a nice piece to have on the o/line

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They are having discussions at the combine.

We cant allow PG to walk. With Doctons status up in the air he must be brought back. You can argue that he is the most important in house FA right now.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They are having discussions at the combine.

Also, If Davis is not brought back. OJ Howard at #17 with PG back is not too far fetched. Assuming we add 2 to 3 dlineman. Always can get a ILB and S in the 2nd and 3rd rounds.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
this is a deep TE class , you dont need to have howard at 17

also you have pryor jeffrey and stills at wr although i say keep our guy . MKD would have to make a santana moss jump to ease the loss

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i think pryor or stills have to be signed if you are walking away from PG and DJAX , which dean has maintained will happen all along and it appears he is correct

i think benny logan is a must sign or poe or hankins

jefferson should be looked at

leary should be looked at

and i may roll the dice on campbell for the right price if you resign baker and add one of the above d/lineman

I think we have to walk out with 2 new starting DLinemen. Our DLine was a disaster last year. I think we sign someone on Day 1 and then the other one on Day 2 or 3. I hope we walk away with at least 5 new starters via free agency.

I agree that we need to sign 1 WR as well. Hopefully Still is it but Pryor would do well to.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we have to walk out with 2 new starting DLinemen. Our DLine was a disaster last year. I think we sign someone on Day 1 and then the other one on Day 2 or 3. I hope we walk away with at least 5 new starters via free agency.

I agree that we need to sign 1 WR as well. Hopefully Still is it but Pryor would do well to.

Looks to me as if the current "plan" if there is one is to resign both PG and if possible DJax. With Kirk taking a 23.9 million bite out of the cap, we are not going to be very active in free agency after all and upgrades on defense will be minimized again....Oh well,......GO OFFENSE!

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks to me as if the current "plan" if there is one is to resign both PG and if possible DJax. With Kirk taking a 23.9 million bite out of the cap, we are not going to be very active in free agency after all and upgrades on defense will be minimized again....Oh well,......GO OFFENSE!

No need to resign DJax and PG. If this team continues to neglect the defense, we will be in deep trouble. You can't fix the defense soley through the draft.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No need to resign DJax and PG. If this team continues to neglect the defense, we will be in deep trouble. You can't fix the defense soley through the draft.

Totally agree, my concern is that we're heading for a very similar repeat of the season that just ended defensively. There was a report that cited the difference in spending, offense vs. defense by this organization. If the plan as reported, to meet with PG and DJax and their reps holds, with the idea of bringing both back and Cousins with a 23.8 million tag, that imbalance will remain.

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Totally agree, my concern is that we're heading for a very similar repeat of the season that just ended defensively. There was a report that cited the difference in spending, offense vs. defense by this organization. If the plan as reported, to meet with PG and DJax and their reps holds, with the idea of bringing both back and Cousins with a 23.8 million tag, that imbalance will remain.

I know and that is what scares me. Is there any other way to create cap space? I hope we trim the fat and get rid of some of these useless contracts. Can we restructure anybody?

I honestly think that there are players who are upgrades who will not cost a fortune. While the big names are always nice to have, the mid-tier free agents are the ones I want.

Also, with 10 draft picks, we might be able to move up a bit in the mid-rounds . I don't think we need to draft 10 players but maybe that is what we need?

countryroads316

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ricky Jean-Francois, Shawn Lauvao and DeAngelo Hall need to be cut plain and simple that would be huge for the cap space about 11 million savings

Last edited:

Buffalo_Nickel_1

Hoopla Cash
$ 268.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
u dont cut then replace you replace then cut

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OMG...this is like the blind leading the blind into panic. We are fine cap wise, even if we don't get KC signed long term.