• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Redskins believe Alex Smith (leg) will miss all of 2019

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i posted this in the alex smith recovery thread

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is news?

Well, I suppose if they are able to convince themselves that Kirk was coming back year after year, it's conceivable that they've also convinced themselves that Smith would be back in 2019. So maybe it is news, to them!

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is news?

Well, I suppose if they are able to convince themselves that Kirk was coming back year after year, it's conceivable that they've also convinced themselves that Smith would be back in 2019. So maybe it is news, to them!
if you saw that contraption on his leg that should tell all .

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Thing is, almost everyone here knew that 2019 would be lost to Smith almost as soon as the injury happened. The article still insists that they "believe" that he'll miss the 2019 season. At this point it seems to be a long past foregone conclusion that he won't be ready. Missing this year means that he will be 36 (May 7th 1984) attempting to make his comeback. Shouldn't the decision to move on be made in light of this "new" (to them) revelation?

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thing is, almost everyone here knew that 2019 would be lost to Smith almost as soon as the injury happened. The article still insists that they "believe" that he'll miss the 2019 season. At this point it seems to be a long past foregone conclusion that he won't be ready. Missing this year means that he will be 36 (May 7th 1984) attempting to make his comeback. Shouldn't the decision to move on be made in light of this "new" (to them) revelation?

the team is going to say things to support CDC . that doesnt bother me when they do that . but yeah we have to move on from that bust of a trade because even if he is back what are we looking at as a qb ? and old immobile qb who is afraid to cut the ball loose

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the team is going to say things to support CDC . that doesnt bother me when they do that . but yeah we have to move on from that bust of a trade because even if he is back what are we looking at as a qb ? and old immobile qb who is afraid to cut the ball loose

Well, It doesn't serve this organization well to hem and haw about the obvious. Their smugness and reluctance to realize that their systematic structure doesn't work, and is a direct impediment to continued fan loyalty is troubling. This is my hometown team, I'll likely die a member of the burgundy and gold family, but TBH my enthusiasm has reached an all time low in the Bruce Allen era. Keep in mind that I created an entire move to fire Bruce Allen in 2012. It doesn't help that he's still here.

Dolemite censored

Bigfoot is real
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I saw a guy with a similar contraption. He had several steel rods transecting the upper and lower leg with braces on each side.

Given his age and the recovery/rehab necessary, I think he's pretty much done with football.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I saw a guy with a similar contraption. He had several steel rods transecting the upper and lower leg with braces on each side.

Given his age and the recovery/rehab necessary, I think he's pretty much done with football.

Good clarification. I think in Smith's head he may believe that he could somehow come back. At the least he will do what is possible to show up, fail his physical & collect his money. I don't think that would make him a bad person. Most folks would & should do the same (the team would have no problem kicking him to the curb if it saved them some $$).

Hard to imagine him playing again even with the best of circumstances & even if he did would it really benefit the Redskins?