• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Redskins 2014 FA Targets

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its funny that Riley was ranked #103 out of #150. Doesn't this guy want huge money? lol

Skin'EmAll

Celebrity Troublemaker
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
#1 priority Orakpo!

D'Qwell Jackson LB CLE
Lamarr Houston DE OAK
Sam Shields CB GB
Chris Clemons FS MIA
Thomas DeCoud FS ATL

These guys caught my eye, along with the previous targets. These aren't my primary options but it looks like Byrd, Ward, etc...will be tagged, re-signed or sign with a different team. This group has no reason to stay with their current team if our money offer is right.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just saw D. Jackson got released. We should pounce on this guy. Way better than Riley. I also saw the skins are interested in Mike Mitchell from CAR.

SkinFaninATL

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just saw D. Jackson got released. We should pounce on this guy. Way better than Riley. I also saw the skins are interested in Mike Mitchell from CAR.

I just saw that on espn.com, as well. We need an ILB. He is easily one of the best on the market, now. We need to take him. Period. Though Mike Mitchell had a one standout season, he is an upgrade over anything that we have.

SkinFaninATL

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
#1 priority Orakpo!

D'Qwell Jackson LB CLE
Lamarr Houston DE OAK
Sam Shields CB GB
Chris Clemons FS MIA
Thomas DeCoud FS ATL

These guys caught my eye, along with the previous targets. These aren't my primary options but it looks like Byrd, Ward, etc...will be tagged, re-signed or sign with a different team. This group has no reason to stay with their current team if our money offer is right.

I know plenty about Thomas DeCoud. He's a good player. I would love to see him teaming up with Mike Mitchell--a player the Redskins covet-- this season.

Skin'EmAll

Celebrity Troublemaker
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With D'qwell's release I realize we probably have shot at a lot of good players because of teams trying to save $$$

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With D'qwell's release I realize we probably have shot at a lot of good players because of teams trying to save $$$

We should have a shot at D'qwell since he would be coming home and at a reasonable cost. Wouldn't mind seeing him teamed up with Riley. Also, as Shark pointed out, Mitchell could be a steal as well. I don't see us going after (2) FA safety's. Some of the money we would save NOT going after a guy like Byrd or Ward could land us a potential HUGE FA signing like Hardy. I don't think that is too far out of line since we likely cut Bowen & Carriker along the front DL. Hardy is fairly young and we could extend his contract out over 6-7 years. Not sure if he fits a 3-4 however.

FA Signings: Defense (3) ILB, Jackson; S, Mitchell, DL, Hardy
Offense (3) G, (Name), RT, (Name), WR, (Name)

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
#1 priority Orakpo!

D'Qwell Jackson LB CLE
Lamarr Houston DE OAK
Sam Shields CB GB
Chris Clemons FS MIA
Thomas DeCoud FS ATL

Orakpo will be tagged is my speculation.

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its funny that Riley was ranked #103 out of #150. Doesn't this guy want huge money? lol

We'll to be fair to Riley, I think this is the same guy who lists D Hall as the #85 CB out of 110, so I'm not really paying attention to his rankings. I did see where Riley may be looking for that 7 mill a year and that the Skins may let him set the market and test the waters.

Looks like a good link for an up to do date/running list of FA signings. Maybe a mod could post this or another link on page 1 for quick reference???

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We should have a shot at D'qwell since he would be coming home and at a reasonable cost. Wouldn't mind seeing him teamed up with Riley. Also, as Shark pointed out, Mitchell could be a steal as well. I don't see us going after (2) FA safety's. Some of the money we would save NOT going after a guy like Byrd or Ward could land us a potential HUGE FA signing like Hardy. I don't think that is too far out of line since we likely cut Bowen & Carriker along the front DL. Hardy is fairly young and we could extend his contract out over 6-7 years. Not sure if he fits a 3-4 however.

I agree with your plan. I would like:

DL: L. Joseph
RT: Roger Saffold
WR: Dexter McCluster
Guard: R. Incognito
S: M. Mitchell
ILB: Donald Butler

Draft the rest of the team focusing on CB, Safety, WR and DL depth. In a perfect world, I would like to sign Walter Thurmond to play CB....but the money would have run out a long time ago.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm a bargain hunter and I'd look at:

Arthur Jones: DE- Not sure if he'd be a bargain or not. Cut Bowen and offer this guy 4 mil/season.
Ziggy Hood: DE- Cut Carriker and use the cap savings on him...3 mil/season.
Tyson Jackson: DE- If we don't get both Jones and Hood, offer Jackson 2 mil/season.

Walter Thurmond: CB...at least check out the price. Slot corner and offer 4 mil/season...like Wilson was getting. Probably more expensive than that.
Corey Graham: CB- We probably won't get Thurmond but offer Graham 2 mil/season.
Chris Cook: CB- huge but underachiever. League minimum offer.
Antoine Cason: CB- big...offer 2 mil/season

Stevie Brown: S- Offer him up to 2 mil/season. Didn't play in 2013 but was huge in 2012. Takes the place of Merriweather and is cheaper.
Malcolm Jenkins: S- Offer 4 to 5 mil/season if we don't get Stevie Brown.
Chris Clemons: S- If we don't get Brown or Jenkins, offer him the 3 mil we were giving Merriweather.
Brandon Merriweather- If all else fails, offer him 2 mil.
Nate Allen: S- Offer 2 mil/season. Underachiever.

Perry Riley: ILB- Offer up to 3 to 5 mil/season.
Donald Butler: ILB- Offer 2 mil/season.

Kenny Britt: WR- Head case with talent. Offer him 1 mil/season.
Hakeem Nicks: WR- Try to sign cheap. 2 mil/season.
Andre Roberts: WR- Offer up to 2 mil/season to play the slot.

Jon Asamoah: G- benched last season...offer up to 4 mil/season and get rid of Chester.

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm a bargain hunter and I'd look at:

Arthur Jones: DE- Not sure if he'd be a bargain or not. Cut Bowen and offer this guy 4 mil/season.
Ziggy Hood: DE- Cut Carriker and use the cap savings on him...3 mil/season.
Tyson Jackson: DE- If we don't get both Jones and Hood, offer Jackson 2 mil/season.

Walter Thurmond: CB...at least check out the price. Slot corner and offer 4 mil/season...like Wilson was getting. Probably more expensive than that.
Corey Graham: CB- We probably won't get Thurmond but offer Graham 2 mil/season.
Chris Cook: CB- huge but underachiever. League minimum offer.
Antoine Cason: CB- big...offer 2 mil/season

Stevie Brown: S- Offer him up to 2 mil/season. Didn't play in 2013 but was huge in 2012. Takes the place of Merriweather and is cheaper.
Malcolm Jenkins: S- Offer 4 to 5 mil/season if we don't get Stevie Brown.
Chris Clemons: S- If we don't get Brown or Jenkins, offer him the 3 mil we were giving Merriweather.
Brandon Merriweather- If all else fails, offer him 2 mil.
Nate Allen: S- Offer 2 mil/season. Underachiever.

Perry Riley: ILB- Offer up to 3 to 5 mil/season.
Donald Butler: ILB- Offer 2 mil/season.

Kenny Britt: WR- Head case with talent. Offer him 1 mil/season.
Hakeem Nicks: WR- Try to sign cheap. 2 mil/season.
Andre Roberts: WR- Offer up to 2 mil/season to play the slot.

Jon Asamoah: G- benched last season...offer up to 4 mil/season and get rid of Chester.

Well done gkekoa. Hopefully we take this type of approach instead of blowing it all on 3 players. We have so many holes right now that need to be addressed. A successful FA haul and efficient drafting will go a long way with this organization.

Skin'EmAll

Celebrity Troublemaker
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I saw Hardy mentioned somewhere else. I believe he's 290....so yeah he'd potentially fit.
This sounds great, I'm a little skeptical about Mitchell leaving Carolina though...I think he'd wanna keep him.
Should have money with Gross retiring and S.Smith possibly cut.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I saw Hardy mentioned somewhere else. I believe he's 290....so yeah he'd potentially fit.
This sounds great, I'm a little skeptical about Mitchell leaving Carolina though...I think he'd wanna keep him.
Should have money with Gross retiring and S.Smith possibly cut.

I'd pass on Hardy. While he might fit, is it worth 12 mil/season to find out?

Skin'EmAll

Celebrity Troublemaker
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd pass on Hardy. While he might fit, is it worth 12 mil/season to find out?

I think an above average, not decent....but an above average d-line could get us back to 10-6.
Its steep, but debatable on whether someone like Hardy could help our OLB's be elite.