• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Red Wings @ Sabres - 11|2|2014 - 5:00 PM

tsawchuk

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can get to Mackinaw in 7.5 hrs.

edit-Forgot 23, make that 6.5

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At least the Kings weren't the only team to lose to a pathetic team who played the night before

BLOODWINGZ

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Howard can't stop a beachball when it comes to the shootout !!!

sherbert1421

Dead Wings 2.0
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
god this team sucks in shootouts

Winged_Wheel88

ND 14 UM 45
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Guess I can't update the Holmstrom thread on a legit no-goal call. :ohwell:

Winged_Wheel88

ND 14 UM 45
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"We are LIVE here at the skyscraper walk on the Discovery channel! If you are just joining us, Nik Wallenda has been on the high wire for ten minutes and is about a third of- wait, hold on...is that a man wearing a Terry Sawchuk jersey? He has just run onto the wire and...I don't believe it...he has just shoved Nik out of the way! Cut to commercial! Cut to commercial!"

tsawchuk

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:lol:
"We are LIVE here at the skyscraper walk on the Discovery channel! If you are just joining us, Nik Wallenda has been on the high wire for ten minutes and is about a third of- wait, hold on...is that a man wearing a Terry Sawchuk jersey? He has just run onto the wire and...I don't believe it...he has just shoved Nik out of the way! Cut to commercial! Cut to commercial!"

Tomas Tatar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Guess I can't update the Holmstrom thread on a legit no-goal call. :ohwell:

Actually could have went either way; I will not complain.

Shootout running with Z is stupid. He's missed like 20 straight.

Jurco does not look good. I really hope Alfredsson returns. Sheahan hasn't been great either.

Bad performance. Too long to get going.

Jurco is a worry spot.

Abby looks amazing.

phoenixrising

Shiprock
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually could have went either way; I will not complain.

Shootout running with Z is stupid. He's missed like 20 straight.

Jurco does not look good. I really hope Alfredsson returns. Sheahan hasn't been great either.

Bad performance. Too long to get going.

Jurco is a worry spot.

Abby looks amazing.

So you don't blame Howard for giving up every crappy close goal and never stops a shootout shot . He's reverting back to form.

Tomas Tatar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you don't blame Howard for giving up every crappy close goal and never stops a shootout shot . He's reverting back to form.

Howard needs to be better in shootouts. Obvious. However, there's no reason why we should be going to a shootout against Buffalo. Howard is a problem in shootouts but so is the third line, and offense from the backendm

phoenixrising

Shiprock
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
god this team sucks in shootouts

J U S T H O W A R D. They won't get past the first round in the East with him in front of the net. They brought everyone from Grand Rapids....but the goaltender. Time to dump Howard, cut your losses.

phoenixrising

Shiprock
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Howard needs to be better in shootouts. Obvious. However, there's no reason why we should be going to a shootout against Buffalo. Howard is a problem in shootouts but so is the third line, and offense from the backendm

IMO the kids have time to get better, Howard is past his prime, he doesn't have it, he isn't quick, he looks slow. Put that Sabres kid in the Wings net, we would have had a shutout.

phoenixrising

Shiprock
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They came out with a new Jimmy Howard bobble-head. It always looks behind him.

Tomas Tatar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IMO the kids have time to get better, Howard is past his prime, he doesn't have it, he isn't quick, he looks slow. Put that Sabres kid in the Wings net, we would have had a shutout.

You mean Michael Neuvirth who has a career of medicofe numbers? You're being ridiculous right now. I'm guessing this argument is going to be pointless.

Jim Howard has five seasons with Detroit. 3 seasons above .920% save percentage, and 2 of those top five seasons for NHL goaltenders or so. He had below average seasons in Y2 ams last year, Y5. It happens. He's only 30. His numbers last year were superior to Jonathan Quick's FYI. Howard currently has a GAA under 2, a save percentage over .925%. He's been stellar this year. He needs to improve in shootouts. Howie is a.top ten goalie though. Nothing better on the roster (Monster got lit up against Philly; Mrazek is struggling)

You're ignoring other problems.

The defense's offensive output has been bad. There's been 2 goals, all in one game, both from Miklas Kronwall. Dekeyser and Kronny only ones.over 2 points.

Third line. Nestrasil has 1P (0G) in 10
Jurxo has 2P (0G) in 11
Sheahan has 3P (0G) in 11

Tats is finally going.

Pp has been miserable. Need more offense from L4 (though they've been incredible).

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Some of the specific things that elite goaltenders do with regularity, Jimmy doesn't do often enough or, in some cases, ever. In saying that, he does make routine stops, outstanding ones at times, and some highlight reel gems; but, too often, when he needs to keep the play going (for various reasons), he will smother the puck with his glove, usually because there is an opponent in close proximity of the crease, often close because he waited too long to make a decision. It isn't a secret why he resorts to this, though, it's simply because his puck-handling skills aren't very good. This alone drops him below the top-echelon of other guys, who will stop the puck behind the net when it is shot into the zone of the boards to allow his dman to start the possession. He'll often let the puck continue to travel behind the net allowing the onrushing forward to challenge us for the possession.
We hardly ever see him move the puck up ice to maintain continued play to utilize the PP time, when the opposition clears the puck into our end. We seldom see him make a stop, then clear the puck to the corner; instead, he will freeze it, where sometimes the puck will come loose when players jam at it, making it more difficult to resettle it with all the traffic in and around the crease. c) He seldom makes a stop then a pass to another Wings' player in our zone with a fore-checker approaching him; he will cover it, instead, forcing a faceoff in our zone ending the possession in a heart beat. As far as shootouts are concerned, don't expect him to win very many, mostly because he lets the player skating in on net get his center of gravity moving far too much from an early deke, which makes it quite challenging to recover to make the stop when the puck is released. Also, in this situation, his activation responses are not as immediate as so many other netminders around the league. Those are some of the reasons that drop him down from the top level of guys that will literally steal the cup for a team. It is my opinion, he isn't the guy that can ultimately get your team to hoist the trophy. If Holland and the gang are waiting for him to develop further in his maturation as an elite goaltender, we're going to find that the guy is going to die of thirst out there in that arid vastness because the camel train isn't coming along any time soon - their search for him is over, they've given up on him for dead.

phoenixrising

Shiprock
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You mean Michael Neuvirth who has a career of medicofe numbers? You're being ridiculous right now. I'm guessing this argument is going to be pointless.

Jim Howard has five seasons with Detroit. 3 seasons above .920% save percentage, and 2 of those top five seasons for NHL goaltenders or so. He had below average seasons in Y2 ams last year, Y5. It happens. He's only 30. His numbers last year were superior to Jonathan Quick's FYI. Howard currently has a GAA under 2, a save percentage over .925%. He's been stellar this year. He needs to improve in shootouts. Howie is a.top ten goalie though. Nothing better on the roster (Monster got lit up against Philly; Mrazek is struggling)

You're ignoring other problems.

The defense's offensive output has been bad. There's been 2 goals, all in one game, both from Miklas Kronwall. Dekeyser and Kronny only ones.over 2 points.

Third line. Nestrasil has 1P (0G) in 10
Jurxo has 2P (0G) in 11
Sheahan has 3P (0G) in 11

Tats is finally going.

Pp has been miserable. Need more offense from L4 (though they've been incredible).

No I meant just last night for the goaltender as an example. And if they had a (Hull type)sniper that would fix the PP. And with the offensive weapons the Wings have I wouldn't care if the 'D' doesn't score.