• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Red Wings @ Bruins | Happy Columbus Didn't Find Shit Day | 1pm EST

SLY

Mr. Knowitall
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
111125123325_redwingsatbruins.jpg

RED WINGS (3-2-0) at BRUINS (3-1-0)

TV: NHLN-CA, FS-D, NESN

Season Series
It's the second of four meetings this season. Torey Krug had a power-play goal and assist to lead the Boston Bruins to a 4-1 win over the Detroit Red Wings on Oct. 5. Tuukka Rask made 25 saves.

Big Story
It's Columbus Day in the United States and Thanksgiving Day in Canada, and this is the lone afternoon start in the NHL on Monday. Two teams that used to see very little of each other get together for the second time in 10 days at TD Garden.

TEAM SCOPE

Red Wings
Coming into Saturday's game against the Philadelphia Flyers, Detroit's power play was the only one in the League without a goal to its credit. Practice would make perfect for the Red Wings, however.

Todd Bertuzzi ended the drought on the team's first advantage of the night, scoring the game's opening goal, and Niklas Kronwall and Pavel Datsyuk also connected on the power play in a 5-2 win that was sealed by a pair of goals by Henrik Zetterberg.

"I thought we entered the zone pretty good, we moved the puck around quite a bit and most important thing, we shot the puck," Bertuzzi said. "We got the puck to the net and we had traffic around there, and we had some good plays. That was the key, moving it and getting as many shots as we can."

Bruins
It's a quick stop home for Boston before heading back out on the road for a three-game trip. The Bruins spent a good portion of Saturday afternoon stymied by the reigning Vezina Trophy winner, Columbus Blue Jackets goalie Sergei Bobrovsky, but eventually broke through with help from one of their newcomers.

After a late second-period goal by Chris Kelly knotted the score heading into the third, Loui Eriksson, the big return from the Dallas Stars in the offseason Tyler Seguin trade, scored his first goal with the Bruins at 49 seconds of the third. It was the difference in a 3-1 victory.

"It wasn't the prettiest one but I'll take it," Eriksson said. "I've had some slow starts over the years. It will come. It's always nice to get the first one."

Who's Hot
Four different Red Wings finished Saturday's game with three points, including Daniel Alfredsson, who set up each of their power-play goals. Kronwall, Datsyuk and Zetterberg were the others. … Rask has picked right up where he left off last season for the Bruins, posting a 1.00 goals-against average and .965 save percentage (115 shots, 111 saves) in four starts.

Injury Report
Detroit forward Jordin Tootoo left Saturday's game after taking a slash to the back of the knee in the final minute and is day-to-day. Forwards Patrick Eaves (knee/ankle) and Darren Helm (back) are on injured reserve. … Boston forward Carl Soderberg (ankle) is on injured reserve.​

SLY

Mr. Knowitall
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
GAME ON
waynes-world-pic-1.jpg

sherbert1421

Dead Wings 2.0
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol Datsyuk. Just schooled chara

SLY

Mr. Knowitall
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BOOM BABY!

I'm listening on my phone in the office at work... On real low volume, lol. Was that Eriksson?

BOSSMANPC

Harbor Center
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow, A long 5 on 3 PP for the Bruins.

BOSSMANPC

Harbor Center
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was a HUGE kill, 1:54 5 on 3 and the Bruins got 3 SOG.

BOSSMANPC

Harbor Center
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bruins score with 2:05 left 3-2 Wings

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I for one am glad the Wings have moved to the Eastern Conference...