• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Red SOx win, Iggy's Gone, Peavy In, revolving door at ss continues

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Workman pitched decently last night, worked out of a bases loaded jam which was great and now Jake Peavy is heading to Boston and Iggy is heading to Detroit... Revolving door at shortstop continues.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ATo393G.gif

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How many games does Peavy pitch before hitting the DL?

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How many games does Peavy pitch before hitting the DL?

I think Peavy will help the Sox this year -- when healthy, he is a really good pitcher. Not sure how much time he missed this year, but he was healthy all last season and finished with 3.37 ERA for Chicago.

What is the scoop on Iglesias? I know if Detroit loses Peralta, they will be losing one of the top hitting shortstops in the AL, but I heard Iglesias has a great glove and range.

steveringo

People's Front of Judea
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Peavy will help the Sox this year -- when healthy, he is a really good pitcher. Not sure how much time he missed this year, but he was healthy all last season and finished with 3.37 ERA for Chicago.

What is the scoop on Iglesias? I know if Detroit loses Peralta, they will be losing one of the top hitting shortstops in the AL, but I heard Iglesias has a great glove and range.

Iglesias (IMO) is already the best defensive player in the league. The Tigers will be amazed at the plays he makes. Highlight reels on a reguar basis.... But, he still can't hit. The Sox got very lucky when he was very lucky for a while (+.500 BABIP - which led to his +.400 BA) - but he only has 5 hits in his last 43 AB's and I think only one ball made it out of the infield in all of July. They'll certainly miss Jhonny, but with Vic, Cab & Prince, they should still score a ton... Boston was fond of saying Jose's defense took away more runs from the opponent than his lack of offense did for the team...

For the Sox, since Nomar, the have traded short stops Jed Lowrie, Mike Aviles, Orlando Cabrera, Marco Scutaro, Edgar Renteria, and Julio Lugo. Curses.

ImSmartherThanYou

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Iglesias (IMO) is already the best defensive player in the league. The Tigers will be amazed at the plays he makes. Highlight reels on a reguar basis.... But, he still can't hit. The Sox got very lucky when he was very lucky for a while (+.500 BABIP - which led to his +.400 BA) - but he only has 5 hits in his last 43 AB's and I think only one ball made it out of the infield in all of July. They'll certainly miss Jhonny, but with Vic, Cab & Prince, they should still score a ton... Boston was fond of saying Jose's defense took away more runs from the opponent than his lack of offense did for the team...

For the Sox, since Nomar, the have traded short stops Jed Lowrie, Mike Aviles, Orlando Cabrera, Marco Scutaro, Edgar Renteria, and Julio Lugo. Curses.
I assume you mean the American League, since you couldn't possibly be including Andrelton Simmons?

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah -- I'm not too worried about his bat. Detroit has more than enough power in the lineup. Peralta is sure handed, but lacks greatly in range. They can still Iglesias at the bottom of the order and he will be fine.

What Detroit does have though is two guys who give up the most ground balls in the AL, in Doug Fister and Rick Porcello. So adding Iglesias's defense should be a tremendous help for these two guys.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I assume you mean the American League, since you couldn't possibly be including Andrelton Simmons?

I'm guessing you are being sarcastic with your screen name, as the guy put IMO, about his comment regarding Iglesias being the best fielding shortstop in the league.

In case you don't know what IMO stands for -- it is "in my OPINION".

steveringo

People's Front of Judea
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Measuring D is rather subjective and since I've sen much more of Iggy, I could possibly mean he is better than Simmons.... It would be fun to have them both in the same infield.

It is funny how another Dutch Islander short stop (Xander Bogaerts) is the reason Iglesias was expendable....

ImSmartherThanYou

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm guessing you are being sarcastic with your screen name, as the guy put IMO, about his comment regarding Iglesias being the best fielding shortstop in the league.

In case you don't know what IMO stands for -- it is "in my OPINION".
It's pretty universally accepted that Simmons is the best defensive shortstop in baseball, and for good reason.

I'm not sure what the reference to my screenname is about. I don't get it.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

it's not the players fault though is it? I mean the red sox don't give their shortstops (minus Nomaaaa) time to adapt to the position and play in Boston.

ImSmartherThanYou

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
it's not the players fault though is it? I mean the red sox don't give their shortstops (minus Nomaaaa) time to adapt to the position and play in Boston.
Certainly true of some, but others- like Lugo- didn't really deserve that level of patience.

tabascojet

king of cake
Hoopla Cash
$ 554,070.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you beat rocko by 58minutes, it is still pro-boston, and yet he still starts "his" own thread.....:laugh3:

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

steveringo

People's Front of Judea
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It was the same with RF prior to Trot Nixon....

I think it was 91 Brunansky, to 99 Nixon with a different opening day RF every year in between.

ImSmartherThanYou

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think it was 91 Brunansky, to 99 Nixon with a different opening day RF every year in between.
It was the same with LF for the Yankees. Mel Hall held down the fort for the "dark years", then Dion James begat Luis Polonia begat Gerald Williams begat Tim Raines begat Chad Curtis begat Shane Spencer begat Ricky Ledee begat David Justice begat Chuck Knoblauch begat Rondell White begat Hideki Matsui.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

RF I don't really have a problem with (though I don't think its a good idea to do) but to keep on changing ss that's just wrong