• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Red Sox put up 17 on Texas & AROD, Braun to go down in PED flames

Ron Burgundy

I look good...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How many titles did Ken Griffey Jr win?

Guy was no Bernie Williams, I tell ya that...

chappee11

Esteemed Colleague
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Been on the same station for years...

Did you not watch the Bruins cup run two years ago?

Same networks.

I did watch the run a couple years ago. I guess I lost Versus (now NBC Sports) when I cut back on my Directv package. Oh well!

Still....you'd think the NHL could figure out a way to get their conference finals in front of more eyeballs. I can watch the Arena League playoffs with more ease.

:lame:

Most Driven

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is the hockey game on some 3rd rate cable channel again tonight? I was all ready to watch game 3, but then realized I didn't even have the channel where the game was shown. Nice work, NHL!

Upgrade your cable package to include NBC sports ya joo

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yup... the last line of defense for the NY fan..

Now, Paul O'Neil was a better hitter than Barry Bonds...

Winning titles and stuff...

I don't even know what you're talking about most of the time

I didnt even remotely imply that with anything I said

Down38st8

Resident Libertarian
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is there such thing as a 3-run single????

IN theory? Yes...3-2 pitch..runners off...Ortiz at the plate? Liner to the wall...ball comes into the middle of the infield, Ortiz holds at 1st...runners score..

Unlikely..but possible.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
3-0 Yankees

Chris Stewart wearing pinstripes apparently

Rock Strongo

My mind spits with an enormous kickback.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ben Roethlisberger has knee surgery

Updated: June 5, 2013, 1:27 PM ET
ESPN.com news services

PITTSBURGH -- Pittsburgh Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger is out until training camp after minor knee surgery.
Coach Mike Tomlin says Wednesday's procedure will have no "long-term effects" on Roethlisberger's health. Roethlisberger has been dealing with discomfort in the knee, and the team recommended Roethlisberger undergo the surgery so he's ready when camp opens next month.
Doctors operated on Roethlisberger's right meniscus, a source familiar with the situation told ESPN NFL Insider Adam Schefter. It was the same procedure that was performed seven years ago on his left knee, which has been injury-free since.
Roethlisberger could have played through his current injury, but team doctors urged him to get his knee repaired, the source said.
The 31-year-old Roethlisberger had been a full participant during organized team activities but has dealt with a series of health issues throughout his career. Roethlisberger missed one game and was limited in several others with a right ankle injury in 2011 and sat out three games in 2012 after fracturing a rib.

Ron Burgundy

I look good...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I did watch the run a couple years ago. I guess I lost Versus (now NBC Sports) when I cut back on my Directv package. Oh well!

Still....you'd think the NHL could figure out a way to get their conference finals in front of more eyeballs. I can watch the Arena League playoffs with more ease.

:lame:

I didn't even know there was an option to not have that network..

Ron Burgundy

I look good...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't even know what you're talking about most of the time

I didnt even remotely imply that with anything I said

You said "RBIs win titles"

I said "we're not talking about winning titles, we're talking about who the better hitter is"

You said "LOL" and if that's not implying that winning titles makes you the better hitter, what the fuck is it implying, Dirt?

Mike Oxlodge

I'm better looking than U
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In his defense, Boston has been using Pedroia and Brady MVPs as reasons they are the "Best" for years around here

Pretty much why I brought up the whole MVP thing. And alls I asked was who finished 2nd in the voting that year, and for some strange reason, no one wants to answer that.

chappee11

Esteemed Colleague
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Those that didn't pay any attention to the 04 postseason, yet feel compelled to discuss as if you sat behind home plate..

You're missing a major point..outside of Foulke? That bullpen was REAALLY shakey...

Foulke threw EVERY important inning..back to backs, going multiple innings...

he pitched 2.2 innings of game 4 against NY in the ALCS...kept them in that game, allowed them to hang around and get to mo.

The next night? He pitches 1.1 in almost identical cicrumstances...

And then the next night? He pitches a perfect 9th for the save in game 6...

"but manny had a huge single!!!"

Not sure if the numbers would support me, but I feel like Timlin was excellent during that run?? Embree, too??

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
text.png

7. Bill Belichick: Attention to detail

Three-time champ coach's relentless focus has made Patriots a model franchise

Originally Published: June 5, 2013
ESPN.com

No. 7 - Bill Belichick

ESPN celebrates the 100th anniversary of Vince Lombardi's birth with the "Greatest Coaches in NFL History" series, saluting the finest innovators, motivators, tacticians, teachers and champions ever to stalk the sideline. Follow along as we reveal our list of the top 20 coaches of all time and document the lineage of the league's most influential coaching trees.

GREATEST COACHES IN NFL HISTORY

nfl_coaches1x_203.jpg
This series is a collaborative effort between ESPN TV, ESPN.com, ESPN Digital Video, ESPN The Magazine,
the Elias Sports Bureau, ESPN Radio
and ESPN Stats & Info.
Counting down to the 100th anniversary of Vince Lombardi's birth on June 11, we'll reveal the top 20 coaches of all time, as selected by a blue-ribbon panel of ESPN analysts and writers. ESPN television will profile the countdown in a four-episode series beginning June 4.
We'll also trace the league's evolution with eight extensive features on its most significant coaching trees.
In all, we'll profile 175 coaches in more than 50,000 words, a colossal project befitting the greatest coaches in NFL history.

Bill Belichick has led the New England Patriots on arguably the most dominant extended stretch in NFL history. He is known for his attention to detail and defensive strategy, although his Patriots have produced some of the most prolific offensive seasons in history.

His keen eye for talent and ability to get the most out of his players has helped the Patriots maintain a high level of play year after year without a drop-off, despite their usual late draft position in a salary-cap era.

Belichick was the first coach to win at least 10 games in 10 consecutive seasons and the first to win three Super Bowls in a four-year span (2001, 2003 and 2004 seasons). He also coached the Patriots to the NFL's first 16-0 regular season in 2007 (although they lost the Super Bowl to the New York Giants). That 2007 team set a league record by averaging 36.8 points per game. The 2011 Patriots were Belichick's fifth Super Bowl team (and second to lose to the Giants).

Belichick ranked ninth in career coaching wins after the 2012 season, including five seasons with the Browns (1991-95) that resulted in a 36-44 record with one playoff trip. He heads into the 2013 season two playoff victories behind Tom Landry's career record (20) that has stood since the 1982 season.

Before finding his niche in New England, Belichick's greatest success came working under Bill Parcells for 12 seasons on three teams. Belichick won two Super Bowls (1986 and 1990 seasons) as Parcells' defensive coordinator with the Giants. Belichick was assistant head coach for Parcells when the Patriots went to Super Bowl XXXI and held the same role with the New York Jets when they reached the 1998 AFC Championship Game.

When Parcells retired from the Jets after the 1999 season, Belichick became their head coach for one day before resigning to take over the Patriots.

Before joining forces with Parcells on the Giants staff under Ray Perkins in 1979, Belichick worked for the Baltimore Colts, Detroit Lions and Denver Broncos.
-- Kevin Stone

BELICHICK THROUGH THE EYES OF A PLAYER: TEDY BRUSCHI

I have young kids and now that I don't play for Bill Belichick anymore, I find myself watching the games with my sons. I regularly tell them that they're watching one of the best coaches in the history of the National Football League. And your father got to play for him.

[+] EnlargeDavid Butler II/US PresswireBill Belichick is a demanding coach, but the results speak for themselves.

Demanding. I think that's the word that best describes it. He's not going to be your best friend. He is demanding of you every second that you are in that facility and partially when you're out of the facility also. He demands your concentration, your intelligence. Your physical being. Your effort. Everything that you can put into a football game, he demands it of you.

What made him so great was the way he taught us offensive football. How he taught us the schemes that they were running, why they were running them and why we were running a certain defense to stop them. I thought that was his best way of coaching, and that's why he demanded players with high intelligence, because you had to understand to look at it from different angles. It didn't matter if you won 15 or 21 in a row, you felt like you lost the previous game because he did such a good job of suppressing success. No matter how good the game was, he would always find those other plays that he would show you to tell you how there was still room to get better and moving onto next week, to apply it to next week.

-- Former Patriots linebacker Tedy Bruschi, as told to Greg Garber

ESPN "Greatest Coaches in NFL History" voting panel: Chris Berman, Jeffri Chadiha, John Clayton, Colin Cowherd, Mike Ditka, Gregg Easterbrook, Herm Edwards, David Fleming, Ashley Fox, Greg Garber, Mike Golic, Suzy Kolber, Eric Mangini, Chris Mortensen, Sal Paolantonio, Bill Polian, Rick Reilly, Mike Sando, Adam Schefter, Ed Werder, Seth Wickersham, Trey Wingo.

Most Driven

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brett Gardner

Beast

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty much why I brought up the whole MVP thing. And alls I asked was who finished 2nd in the voting that year, and for some strange reason, no one wants to answer that.

or no one cares to look it up

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gardner 3 run Jack

6-0 Yankees

"scoring runs is meaningless in baseball "

Ron Burgundy

I look good...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Because for some strange reason, you brought up something that doesn't' have fuck-all to do with our conversation.

chappee11

Esteemed Colleague
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Upgrade your cable package to include NBC sports ya joo

I know. I know. I already pay Directv like $150/month and watch like 5 channels. I got sick of it, so I cut back. No more NHL or NBA Network, either! Oh well....