• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Red Sox put up 17 on Texas & AROD, Braun to go down in PED flames

gener8tr

Viva El Gordo!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Any of you guys on MySpace?

Is that still around (honestly)?

I remember that site getting a bunch of hype, then facebook came on-line and I think this is the first I've heard of it since.

black francis

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
somebody needs to pay attention to JD

Rock Strongo

My mind spits with an enormous kickback.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
posing for a photo op (or being photo-bombed by) one of the FBI's most wanted men....way to go, mccain

stewart-mccain-terrorist-photobombing-sg.jpg

Reports that Sen. John McCain (R-AZ) was photographed with a kidnapper during a recent trip to Syria was too rich for Jon Stewart to ignore on Monday's broadcast of "The Daily Show."
McCain has long called for a more active U.S. role in the bloody Syrian civil war, arguing that it isn't difficult to identify the right people to support. But the awkward photo-op would appear to undermine that argument, Stewart suggested.
"It's a murky situation and not everyone is gonna be wearing their 'Hello, I'm a terrorist' name badge or their 'ask me about my kidnappings' button," Stewart said.
After McCain's office said the senator wasn't aware that the kidnapper had snuck his way into the shot, Stewart provided a succinct explanation of the flap.
"So someone just got into the picture even though McCain never intended to meet with him," Stewart said. "Oh my god, Sen. McCain is the victim of a terrorist photobombing."

black francis

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yankees thought he would have the record by now
They also thought they would still be selling out that stadium
They assumed that since mlb had never done anything to the real steroid users, A-Rod could keep using and not get in trouble.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I doubt if ownership cares what type of supplements players are taking.

But they had to know that ARod was not going to be earning his paycheck at ages 38, 39, 40, 41 and 42. I mean, come on, historically there has never been a player that was still in his prime at those ages. Bonds was for maybe the first 2-3 years, and that's it.

Totally totally agree

But go back to his pace in 07, he was on a pace that was going to shatter BOnds, amongst other records. That's where they made it clear, thats where they expected their return on the investment.

This doesn't all have to be a competition between Yankee fans and Haters, just apply simple logic and draw the only logical conclusion

PeteNYC

Smart!Rich!Good Looking!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Makes zero sense dude. If they knew, he doesn't get that deal, Period!

At least 150million of that deal will be wasted money and you're suggesting the Yankees knew that going in

Makes no sense

Dirt - don't discount the Panic factor!
Sox in WS after winning in '04, Hank and Hal were taking over day to day ownership, Mets weren't too far removed from the playoffs, New Stadium going up, the fear of losing the best player on the planet clouded judgement and I think either made them not want to see what was relatively clear to you and me...let a lone a company that is about to make a 1/4 billion dollar investment.

gener8tr

Viva El Gordo!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ox, donde esta El Gordo?

blade

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will say the Yankees always find a way. And I'm pretty sure everyone was relegating the rangers to third place after losing Hamilton, Napoli, and young and we all see how that's panning out.

If Cruz gets suspended, your offense is going to come to a grinding halt.
As for the Fraudkees*, they are 11th in the AL in runs scored, so I would disagree that they are finding a way. When was the last time the Fraudkees* were that low in runs scored?

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I never said they knew he would break down
I said they knew he was on roids. Everybody knew, why wouldnt they?

Give me a well educated reason proving they didnt know he was on roids

250 million for 10 years at 32, while screaming from the rooftops that this deal was about a player breaking historic records as a clean player in their uniform