• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Red Sox put up 17 on Texas & AROD, Braun to go down in PED flames

PeteNYC

Smart!Rich!Good Looking!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A-Rod got a raw deal in NY the second he got traded for Soriano and whoever else it was. The best player in baseball at that time was coming to the Yankees and stealing the spot light from The Captain. So now all the Jeter fans are like "fuck you its Jeter's team", he was being booed during his first at bat because of higher percentage of Yankees fans are spoiled fucking douche bags. They only identify the team through one player.

And year in and year out, they dont win in the post season it was on A-Rod, never mind the fact that good old Number 2 can breathe a sigh of relief someone can be the scape goat. I can go on and on how this guy (whether he's an ass hole or not) never got his fair chance playing in NY. Then 2009 came, but to be honest it was never enough.

Nailed it!

gener8tr

Viva El Gordo!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Makes zero sense dude. If they knew, he doesn't get that deal, Period!

At least 150million of that deal will be wasted money and you're suggesting the Yankees knew that going in

Makes no sense

Wasting your breath, Dirt. 50 years from now when you're lying on your death bed gasping for air you'll remember this conversation and hate yourself.

blade

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol. Yeah Jeter had 4 rings in his pocket the day Arod arrived

Annnnnd, their off.
Dirt on the outside with Four Rings.
Ox is closing fast with Luxury Condo.
Blade still has the lead with 97% Chance Of Being Gay.
Self holds the inside with Genital Herpes.
Pete is further back on Fuck ARod.
At this point its anyone's races.

Most Driven

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
5zPSRoN.gif

PeteNYC

Smart!Rich!Good Looking!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol

Rock agrees with any Anti NY sentiment ever
Posted

"Many and Papi were clean and loveable! they brought Boston from a HOCKEY only town to rooting for baseball" -Rock

black francis

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"You can't ignore all of the things that happened in Boston," McCarver told ESPN's Bob Ley. Later, asked if "despicable" was the right word, McCarver said: "I'm fine with it. I was fine with it when I said it." Ramirez was asked for his reaction. "I play hard," he said. "When you play hard, everybody respects you." He was asked if he played hard in Boston. "Yeah, I did," Ramirez said. "I did play hard." Ramirez spoke to the media in Los Angeles on Tuesday. He wasn't specifically told of McCarver's comments, but did tell a Los Angeles Times blog: "I was just trying to see the opportunity that I was going to get to change my image. All that B.S. that was in Bean Town wasn't true. That I'm just an easy guy to please. A lovely guy." The blog asked Ramirez if he was worried that people are getting the wrong impression of him as a good teammate who plays hard. "Not really," he said, according to the Times blog. "You know why? As long as you know my teammates, they know how hard I play. I care about everybody on the team. That's what matters to me."

Kate Upton

Hotter than Kate Upton
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How about that T.O. doing sit-ups on his driveway?

Ahahahahahaha....what a character

black francis

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Annnnnd, their off.
Dirt on the outside with Four Rings.
Ox is closing fast with Luxury Condo.
Blade still has the lead with 97% Chance Of Being Gay.
Self holds the inside with Genital Herpes.
Pete is further back on Fuck ARod.
At this point its anyone's races.

herpes and gay will win

again

Kate Upton

Hotter than Kate Upton
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Any of you guys on MySpace?

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Yankees had absolutely no idea he was on roids"

"Giambi, Sheffield, Pettitte and Clemens were using and A-Roid asked them to stop because they were ruining the integrity of the game."

Tell ya what

You give me a well educated reason why the Yankees would give him that contract when they knew with 90% certainty that he would breakdown, I'll entertain the conversation

You know what would make sense? A 5 year deal if they knew, cause that's your risk reward right there

blade

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

At least 150million of that deal will be wasted money and you're suggesting the Yankees knew that going in

Makes no sense

I doubt if ownership cares what type of supplements players are taking.

But they had to know that ARod was not going to be earning his paycheck at ages 38, 39, 40, 41 and 42. I mean, come on, historically there has never been a player that was still in his prime at those ages. Bonds was for maybe the first 2-3 years, and that's it.

Kate Upton

Hotter than Kate Upton
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That Iraq war...what a conundrum.

PeteNYC

Smart!Rich!Good Looking!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
but canos the bestest n stuff

Today, yes - 7 years from now?

FACE PALM!!

But Pedroia gets dirty and stuff ...and grows hair on his face to make up for the fact that he is 28 and bald and short.

Mike Oxlodge

I'm better looking than U
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Makes no sense

Did you ever think they didnt count on him being busted for anything? Probably not. Each and every major league team knows whats going on. A-Rod was a cash cow for them. When he was going to opt and pull out, him and Boras bascically called the Yankees FO bluff. They didnt want anyone else grabbing hold of their cash cow.

And now they can play stupid with this, "well considering steroids and PEDs run rampart in Major League Baseball, we knew A-Rod was just the hardest working guy in baseball, how he could do such a thing to this great organization is heart breaking and we will do what we can to void this contract".

Down38st8

Resident Libertarian
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fuck me, Down, the entire team hit like .115 for the final 4 games. Can't put that solely on A-Rod.

Not putting it solely on him...but, because of such? That postseason can't be seen as anything as an unmitigated disaster for all parties...

Rock Strongo

My mind spits with an enormous kickback.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Makes no sense

dirt, im sorry

but the yankees knew they were bringing in a pumped up sideshow

it was the point...homeruns and fans in the new stadium

and remember bad publicity is still publicity

Kate Upton

Hotter than Kate Upton
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Those swift boat guys really did a number on John Kerry

black francis

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tell ya what

You give me a well educated reason why the Yankees would give him that contract when they knew with 90% certainty that he would breakdown, I'll entertain the conversation

You know what would make sense? A 5 year deal if they knew, cause that's your risk reward right there

I never said they knew he would break down
I said they knew he was on roids. Everybody knew, why wouldnt they?

Give me a well educated reason proving they didnt know he was on roids

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The problem is that there are no useful players available in free agency to replace him with. If you let Cano walk then you better plan on building your team around pitching for the next few years, because the hitting is going to be mediocre. An old Tex, an old Ichiro, a non-impactful Gardner. Grandy will probably be let go too. Where is your offense going to come from?

I will say the Yankees always find a way. And I'm pretty sure everyone was relegating the rangers to third place after losing Hamilton, Napoli, and young and we all see how that's panning out.