• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Red Sox put up 17 on Texas & AROD, Braun to go down in PED flames

Down38st8

Resident Libertarian
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stick to babbling nonsense about irrelevants like the Royals and Raiders...

Manny was loved in Boston...and a lot of Sox fans would like to see him back this year for the stretch run...

LOL "a lot"? Personally? I haven't heard it brought up by anyone...and I couldn't be more against it...

Why on earth would you want to invite that into the clubhouse? For what gain?

Stupid...

PeteNYC

Smart!Rich!Good Looking!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The difference is, Manny and Papi are likable and have performed in October....

So has A-Rod in 03 04 09

I always did and will defend him that he took the brunt for those Yankees losses but the whole team shit the bed in the post season more often than not.

And, there is no Boston comeback if A-Rod doesn't win the series with the Twins and play a big part of why they were up 3-0 on the Sox in the first place.

Anyway, no tears shed for him... guy is clearly a bag of shit.

Down38st8

Resident Libertarian
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you are all suggested the Yankees knew they were gonna get fucked on that contract?

Obviously none of you are making the financial decisions in your line of work

I understand it's convenient as a professional Yankee hater to assume this

But it literally makes zero sense. It's the dumbest thing stated here in a long time

They signed a 32 year old to a 10 year 300 bagillion dollar contract, immediately after publicly declaring they were upset he opted out, and weren't going to resign him

...it really could have gone only one way...and it did.

Mike Oxlodge

I'm better looking than U
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I could care less about PEDs or roiders, makes no difference to me. Whats funny is, is how fans of other teams just cant cope with the idea that some of their favroite players are dirty players just like some of my favorite players are, were, or are going to be dirty cheaters.

The fact that some people choose to make us believe their own conclusions they draw are actually absolutes. Its laughable. The Yankees knew A-Rod was a dirty cheater, and they figured they could cash in on that 275 million dollar investment, what they didnt comprehend, is that A-Rod could care less about how he is perceived in the public eye.

Down38st8

Resident Libertarian
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So has A-Rod in 03 04 09

I always did and will defend him that he took the brunt for those Yankees losses but the whole team shit the bed in the post season more often than not.

And, there is no Boston comeback if A-Rod doesn't win the series with the Twins and play a big part of why they were up 3-0 on the Sox in the first place.

Anyway, no tears shed for him... guy is clearly a bag of shit.

Arod performed in 03 and 04?

Please...tell us how he did for the Yanks in 03, be very specific...

And 04? The last 4 games? :laugh3:

PeteNYC

Smart!Rich!Good Looking!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you are all suggested the Yankees knew they were gonna get fucked on that contract?

Obviously none of you are making the financial decisions in your line of work

I understand it's convenient as a professional Yankee hater to assume this

But it literally makes zero sense. It's the dumbest thing stated here in a long time

Dirt- I don't think they thought it would back fire...but, the team had to have some idea of what a d-bag he was and that there was a likely chance he was on roids.

I think the idea of the MILLIONS in tickets, souviners, ad revenue, etc from the "chase" clouded their better judgement an Risk vs Reward analysis.

I also think that going forward anyone like Puljos that uses "ARods Contract as a starting point" is an idiot. Any any owner that pays a guy that kind of money that long is an idiot - which is why I am 100% against signing Cano to a 10 year $250 million contract!!

I am praying they dont'.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They signed a 32 year old to a 10 year 300 bagillion dollar contract, immediately after publicly declaring they were upset he opted out, and weren't going to resign him

...it really could have gone only one way...and it did.

Down

Thats totally fine, I get it

But to suggest the Yankees "knew " he was juicing, which by definition "knew" they were gonna get fucked on that deal, is not only completely false, a serious case can't be made with sound reasoning

The Yankees made it very clear the deal was a business move in anticipation of his record setting pace as a "Clean Player"

People conveniently forget how clear the Yankees were on that line of thinking

Rock Strongo

My mind spits with an enormous kickback.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dirt- I don't think they thought it would back fire...but, the team had to have some idea of what a d-bag he was and that there was a likely chance he was on roids.

I think the idea of the MILLIONS in tickets, souviners, ad revenue, etc from the "chase" clouded their better judgement an Risk vs Reward analysis.

I also think that going forward anyone like Puljos that uses "ARods Contract as a starting point" is an idiot. Any any owner that pays a guy that kind of money that long is an idiot - which is why I am 100% against signing Cano to a 10 year $250 million contract!!

I am praying they dont'.

a rare coherent moment from pete

PeteNYC

Smart!Rich!Good Looking!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Arod performed in 03 and 04?

Please...tell us how he did for the Yanks in 03, be very specific...

And 04? The last 4 games? :laugh3:

oops! my bad!

Check his stats with the Mariners in the Playoffs too by the way - I always thought the Arod sucks in postseason was over hyped

The last four games?!? nobody got a hit!
I don't recall Jeter, Giambi, Matsui any of them getting a big hit.

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 325,063.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Huzzah, we're back to the yankee's payroll advantage and the related story that ca$hman blows at the draft.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I could care less about PEDs or roiders, makes no difference to me. Whats funny is, is how fans of other teams just cant cope with the idea that some of their favroite players are dirty players just like some of my favorite players are, were, or are going to be dirty cheaters.

The fact that some people choose to make us believe their own conclusions they draw are actually absolutes. Its laughable. The Yankees knew A-Rod was a dirty cheater, and they figured they could cash in on that 275 million dollar investment, what they didnt comprehend, is that A-Rod could care less about how he is perceived in the public eye.

Just doesn't make business sense.

Every documented case of PEDs up to that point showed evidence of a player eventually breaking down once testing became tougher

Yeah don't buy that the Yankees gave him 250 at 32 knowing his breaking down would be happening within a few years

Down38st8

Resident Libertarian
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Down

Thats totally fine, I get it

But to suggest the Yankees "knew " he was juicing, which by definition "knew" they were gonna get fucked on that deal, is not only completely false, a serious case can't be made with sound reasoning

The Yankees made it very clear the deal was a business move in anticipation of his record setting pace as a "Clean Player"

People conveniently forget how clear the Yankees were on that line of thinking

They also made it very clear they wanted nothing to do with him after he opted out....

They got bent over a barrel...it happens...but that was a horrible contract, regardless of perceived clean-ness, the second he signed it...

Mike Oxlodge

I'm better looking than U
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A-Rod got a raw deal in NY the second he got traded for Soriano and whoever else it was. The best player in baseball at that time was coming to the Yankees and stealing the spot light from The Captain. So now all the Jeter fans are like "fuck you its Jeter's team", he was being booed during his first at bat because of higher percentage of Yankees fans are spoiled fucking douche bags. They only identify the team through one player.

And year in and year out, they dont win in the post season it was on A-Rod, never mind the fact that good old Number 2 can breathe a sigh of relief someone can be the scape goat. I can go on and on how this guy (whether he's an ass hole or not) never got his fair chance playing in NY. Then 2009 came, but to be honest it was never enough.