• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Red River rivalry week part deux

Goldbug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thank you Mr. Goldbug :suds:

You're welcome, Exes. I told my wife one of the things I was thankful for this year is a second shot at the Longhorns. She reminded me about not dropping F bombs around her during the game. I looked at her and we both started laughing. It's a sore subject with her and she gets even by shopping when I get carried away. I tried to get her to give me an over/under on allowable F bombs but the woman just ignored me. Good luck in the game and lets hope both teams play their best game.

TexasExes98

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're welcome, Exes. I told my wife one of the things I was thankful for this year is a second shot at the Longhorns. She reminded me about not dropping F bombs around her during the game. I looked at her and we both started laughing. It's a sore subject with her and she gets even by shopping when I get carried away. I tried to get her to give me an over/under on allowable F bombs but the woman just ignored me. Good luck in the game and lets hope both teams play their best game.

Ha ha, my fiance pretty much is the same except instead of F bombs my problem is drinking too much bourbon. She told me to promise to just get a buzz on Saturday, rather than full on drunker than Cooter Brown mode. I told her I lover her and why would she make me promise something like that??? We'll be at JerryWorld setting up at 6am. You going?

ElTexan

Board Chancellor Emeritus
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why are so many people picking OU over Texas when only one of these teams has a defense?

tnapucco

Fair as fuck
Hoopla Cash
$ 17,999.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OU fans seem to have a crush on Hager. This kid grew up rich, sorry guys he'd never step foot in a trailer.
r9l54x7sgtni.gif

Goldbug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ha ha, my fiance pretty much is the same except instead of F bombs my problem is drinking too much bourbon. She told me to promise to just get a buzz on Saturday, rather than full on drunker than Cooter Brown mode. I told her I lover her and why would she make me promise something like that??? We'll be at JerryWorld setting up at 6am. You going?

I'd like to go but we're starting up a new plant this week and I'll be 1,500 miles away from Dallas. The start time for the game is a problem if I need to hang around for anything even though I'll have a company plane. WTF is it with the Big XII anyway? We drew the short straw again and our championship game can't be shown in prime time? The best game of the day is an early game? I'm tired of excuses; the conference AD's need to stop worrying about getting paid every penny they can and start dictating some reasonable start times with the networks......especially for a championship game. What a bunch of wussies.

Wishbone

Robust Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So if texas beats OU do they tie for the Big 12 title since they will have the same conference record? :exes:

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd like to go but we're starting up a new plant this week and I'll be 1,500 miles away from Dallas. The start time for the game is a problem if I need to hang around for anything even though I'll have a company plane. WTF is it with the Big XII anyway? We drew the short straw again and our championship game can't be shown in prime time? The best game of the day is an early game? I'm tired of excuses; the conference AD's need to stop worrying about getting paid every penny they can and start dictating some reasonable start times with the networks......especially for a championship game. What a bunch of wussies.
:dingdingding:
Agree. The tail wags the dog wayyyyyyyy too often!

tnapucco

Fair as fuck
Hoopla Cash
$ 17,999.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We drew the short straw again and our championship game can't be shown in prime time? The best game of the day is an early game? I'm tired of excuses; the conference AD's need to stop worrying about getting paid every penny they can and start dictating some reasonable start times with the networks......especially for a championship game. What a bunch of wussies.
What are they going to do? Threaten not to play? There are only so many primetime slots, and the networks are going to maximize their earning potential in the way they know how.

Face facts, the Big XII has smaller viewership than any other conference thanks to Oklahoma, Kansas and Iowa.

The only time Disney or the Mommyship will put us on primetime ABC or ESPN is when they think there is a chance we'll be upset.

This year we were 11:00 CST kickoffs until the Army game...which was PPV. TCU was an 11:00 kickoff...

Baylol and K-State were 2:30 games...

TT game was first network televised game in primetime (ABC)...and that was only because it was in Lubbock and they still had a pulse at the time.

Next network televised primetime game was...you guessed it...@WVU.

Want to know why? Here is a hint....snipped from the ESPN CFB Rankings page moments ago:
Capture.JPG

Get it yet? They don't like us much...and if it weren't for texico dealing with the devils we'd probably get even worse treatment.

Think its going to change anytime soon? :dhd:

When it was still treated like amateur athletics, things were way more even keeled. Now there are too many $uit$ and tie$ involved.

You sound like a fairly major player being a big money donor as you've hinted before, a $uit and tie guy as it were...you get it.....right? :dhd:

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 141,750.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why are so many people picking OU over Texas when only one of these teams has a defense?

Because only only one has an offense.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 141,750.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So if texas beats OU do they tie for the Big 12 title since they will have the same conference record? :exes:

OU already won the conference outright but they are going to do it again.

tnapucco

Fair as fuck
Hoopla Cash
$ 17,999.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just hope we can use some of those cool asterisks too!

GoldRusher

Hoopla Cash
$ 768.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So The Big12 will indeed penalize OU for any horns down gestures :laugh: Jeeeesss, like we don't have enough garbage rules that need to go away already.

Also, whens the last time yall played twice in the same year? Ever?