• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Recruiting Thread

ND_loyal son

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For those of you who haven't heard, Daelin Hayes de-committed from U$C Sunday night in light of the Sark situation and officially reopened his recruitment. The article I read confirmed that the financial aid paperwork that he signed a few weeks ago is a nonbinding agreement. In addition, Hayes will be on campus this Saturday for the U$C vs. ND game. GO IRISH!

craigk217

Meh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,618.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For those of you who haven't heard, Daelin Hayes de-committed from U$C Sunday night in light of the Sark situation and officially reopened his recruitment. The article I read confirmed that the financial aid paperwork that he signed a few weeks ago is a nonbinding agreement. In addition, Hayes will be on campus this Saturday for the U$C vs. ND game. GO IRISH!
Yup, I guess he was already sked to be in SB for SC game, but now he's officially decomm'd.

Notre Dame recruiting target Daelin Hayes decommits from USC

Ann Arbor kid that had some big-time offers from Bama, UGA, LSU, OU, tOSU and scUM (of course). I wonder how hard scUM was recruiting a local talent like this to let him 'escape' to SC? Something tells me they'll prolly have the inside line on getting this kid with the Harbaugh effect going on at present.

Some irony here ...

craigk217

Meh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,618.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like a couple of our guys are already lobbying/tweeting Daelin Hayes to join the party at ND. :hope:

Army All-American linebacker Daelin Hayes decommits from USC

He chose USC over Notre Dame when he made his initial selection in July and had shaved the USC logo into his head when he played at Nike’s The Opening in July. Among his other offers when he chose USC were Alabama, Georgia, LSU, Michigan, Oklahoma, Ohio State and others.

Four-star Notre Dame commit D.J. Morgan was already working on Hayes as soon as he decommitted. Hayes was at Notre Dame for the season opener and has an official visit scheduled for next week. He was considered to be wavering even before the Sarkisian news.

jjc2009

I Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As others have pointed out, by signing the paperwork for the financial aid commitment, he may have screwed over USC, who may have committed contact violations. Also, someone mentioned (don't know if its true) that USC announced his commitment, which is also a big no-no before NSD, even if the kid signs the paperwork, because they can sign those financial aid agremeements with any school.

I don't know how serious it may be, but USC is likely still on probation from its previous violations.

jjc2009

I Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heard we also landed Donte Vaughn as well today. 4* DB. Good offer list from what I hear.

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yup I was expecting to hear about Donte Vaughn's commitment.

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jeffrey McCulloch LB out of Texas is visiting for the USC game as well.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the next pick up will ne Hayes. ND is starting to add some very nice players in this class. It started slow but man we are starting to get those 4 star kids. Nice class so far. Kelly adding some nice talent. We lose a lot of talent after this year.

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well even a lot of the 3 star kids are high 3 star and some rated as 4 star by some sites so I would consider them really good players in your class. Many of Alabama's best teams had a lot of those high 3 star guys on them. I would love to add Hayes, two or three more LB's, one more DB (S or CB), one RB, 1 WR. That would put this team at 22-23 players and I've heard they may take as many as 24 which to me means they need to add at least one DT.

jjc2009

I Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They are getting thin in the front 7. Likely losing Day and Smith, two not easily replaceable players. We swung and missed on some DE and LB talent the last couple of years. Tillery's conversion to DT was a godsend.

DB depth is okay, but we struggle landing elite safeties. Even the ones we have now are great atheletes, but are lost out there (which is probably a system issue), but still.

We are overloaded on offense. Kelly may need to switch some guys over to the defensive side if he can't land some of the bigger fish still out there.

Finally, a second big time recruit has decommitted from USC, another LB, but consensus seems to be he's going across town, I don't think we were ever on his radar. Hopefully we get Hayes and he gets in his ear.

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I doubt Notre Dame has much of a shot at the other LB Mique Juarez he is probably going to UCLA or some where on the west coast. I would rather hope for Brandon Burton commits and recruits his teammate Oluwole Betiku to flip from UCLA to Notre Dame.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They are getting thin in the front 7. Likely losing Day and Smith, two not easily replaceable players. We swung and missed on some DE and LB talent the last couple of years. Tillery's conversion to DT was a godsend.

DB depth is okay, but we struggle landing elite safeties. Even the ones we have now are great atheletes, but are lost out there (which is probably a system issue), but still.

We are overloaded on offense. Kelly may need to switch some guys over to the defensive side if he can't land some of the bigger fish still out there.

Finally, a second big time recruit has decommitted from USC, another LB, but consensus seems to be he's going across town, I don't think we were ever on his radar. Hopefully we get Hayes and he gets in his ear.
I agree, I would love to grab a BIG time DL guy. think about our biggest weakness is getting to the QB. We don't have that pure pass rusher. Who was the last true pass rusher A. Lynch for 1 year. Tuitt was good but not a BIG time pass rusher.

Max was a top safety and he is a legit Safety. He will get drafted next year. I would to grab 2 5 star kids. We have a couple of our list that we still have a shot with.

1 player I think we lose is brent. he was a top WR and now he is at RB and isn't even close of hitting the field. I think he leaves.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
we might get that pass rusher. 4 star DE kareem decommited from bama and ND and Mich st are top 2 on his list. he has already been to ND twice and he is coming this weekend. He is a big time pass rusher.

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
we might get that pass rusher. 4 star DE kareem decommited from bama and ND and Mich st are top 2 on his list. he has already been to ND twice and he is coming this weekend. He is a big time pass rusher.

Well considering Michigan State landed two top DE in King, and Robertson since he committed to Alabama, I would say Notre Dame would hold an edge over them maybe not Michigan who is playing well right now. Michigan does have more of an elite guy in Ronald Johnson Jr. and t three star kid Rashad Weaver which is less than Notre Dame but they don't have an elite guy just solid guys in Julian Okwara, Adetokunbo Ogundeji. If Notre Dame could land both Kareem and Hayes things would be set at DE. I would say 3 LB, one DB, one RB, one WR would probably do it unless they add a DT in this class which I only see them taking an elite type player like Gary if they do.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
some experts guesses who we end of with. This would be a GREAT class if it ends up like that. Man that is a lot of safeties and WRs. I would be fired up about this class.

QB Ian Book
RB Tony Jones Jr.
APB Damian Alloway
WR Javon McKinley
WR Demetris Robertson
WR Kevin Stepherson
WR Chase Claypool
OL Tommy Kraemer
OL Liam Eichenberg
OL Parker Boudreaux
DE Julian Okwara
DE Adetokunbo Ogundeji
DE Carlo Kemp
LB Jamir Jones
LB Daelin Hayes
LB Jonathan Jones
CB Julian Love
CB Donte Vaughn
CB Damar Hamlin
S D.J. Morgan
S Devin Studstill
S Jalen Elliott
S Spencer Perry
LS John Shannon

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It would be a very nice class, I think Notre Dame does have the inside track on the kid that just decommitted from Alabama. Also Robertson might end up at CB as well.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It would be a very nice class, I think Notre Dame does have the inside track on the kid that just decommitted from Alabama. Also Robertson might end up at CB as well.
Yeah I think we get 2 commitments this weekend if we win. Maybe 1 if we lose. This class started slow but damn we are picking it up.

jjc2009

I Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Someone posted that there are current USC players that want to transfer. The article is pretty poorly written and the sources are questionable (mostly comments from un named parents). Nothing about where but the lack of discipline is rampant apparently.

whywork2

Archduke of Guacamole
Hoopla Cash
$ 381.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
some experts guesses who we end of with. This would be a GREAT class if it ends up like that. Man that is a lot of safeties and WRs. I would be fired up about this class.

QB Ian Book
RB Tony Jones Jr.
APB Damian Alloway
WR Javon McKinley
WR Demetris Robertson
WR Kevin Stepherson
WR Chase Claypool
OL Tommy Kraemer
OL Liam Eichenberg
OL Parker Boudreaux
DE Julian Okwara
DE Adetokunbo Ogundeji
DE Carlo Kemp
LB Jamir Jones
LB Daelin Hayes
LB Jonathan Jones
CB Julian Love
CB Donte Vaughn
CB Damar Hamlin
S D.J. Morgan
S Devin Studstill
S Jalen Elliott
S Spencer Perry
LS John Shannon
thanks Purguy for all the effort, it is much appreciated, that goes for all of you.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ND just landed its biggest recruit in this class. They get their BIG time Pass rusher. 5 Star DE Khalid Kareem. This is so BIG for ND. He was once a Bama Commit. He will also be an EE. He would of commit last week but needed to make sure ND would allow him to be an EE.

ND beat out OSU, Mich, MSU and Bama.

Gilmore just landed his biggest commit.

Great way to start the weekend.