• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Recruiting Thread

NDKane21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Navy and Georgia Tech on the schedule this year...Sebastian pick up is huge for those two games alone. Now hopefully he can check a TE across the middle or RB slipping up the seam.

Irish7478

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Navy and Georgia Tech on the schedule this year...Sebastian pick up is huge for those two games alone. Now hopefully he can check a TE across the middle or RB slipping up the seam.

Sebastian started one game last year for a team with a losing record. Do we know if he is any good?

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well just because he didn't start every game doesn't mean he didn't play a lot.

Irish7478

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well just because he didn't start every game doesn't mean he didn't play a lot.

True, but getting a back-up on the defense that finished dead last in passing defense of all FBS teams doesn't give me a warm fuzzy feeling.

jjc2009

I Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True, but getting a back-up on the defense that finished dead last in passing defense of all FBS teams doesn't give me a warm fuzzy feeling.

I agree. I am not overly wowed by this news. I think he's a serviceable player at a position we're dangerously thin at right now, so his pickup is good news, but this guy probably isn't a difference-maker. He fills out a roster spot and can spell Redfield and Shumate, and can play if, God forbid, either of them gets hurt.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This was more for Depth.

NDHoosier101

Reigning "Last to post" Champion
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,338.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sebastian started one game last year for a team with a losing record. Do we know if he is any good?
Well that's some bs, I figured he was going to be another Cody Riggs.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well that's some bs, I figured he was going to be another Cody Riggs.
No he isn't another riggs. Like I said its more about Depth just in case something happens and we don't have to throw in a Freshman.

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think they feel like either freshman is ready to jump in and play right away if they had to.

Irish7478

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think they feel like either freshman is ready to jump in and play right away if they had to.

I agree, I just wonder if getting this guy would be worth not letting a Grace, Carlisle, Golson or Hegarty return for a 5th year. As NDHoosier said this is no Cody Riggs. Hopefully this kid turns out great, but I have concerns that this move will cost a more deserving player a spot on the team.

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree, I just wonder if getting this guy would be worth not letting a Grace, Carlisle, Golson or Hegarty return for a 5th year. As NDHoosier said this is no Cody Riggs. Hopefully this kid turns out great, but I have concerns that this move will cost a more deserving player a spot on the team.

I'm pretty sure Golson will be coming back unless he doesn't want too. So it's really Grace, Carlisle or Hegarty that it could cost and in reality do we know what we'll get out of Grace, he's be injured too much to ever make much of an impact. Carlisle had a good year last year and may have finally found his role with the team and he is probably the one guy that I would be the most upset about losing. Hegarty was very up and down all season and at times got abused by better competition, and better options may already be on the roster. So in reality it Carlisle that would be really missed.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They are talking about trying to make it across the board not just a Big 10 thing, as I understood it.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They are talking about trying to make it across the board not just a Big 10 thing, as I understood it.
No it will be for the B10 and the B10 hopes others will follow. B10 will be the 1st conference to do it. That is what Im hearing.

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
http://espn.go.com/college-sports/story/_/id/12349646/big-ten-considering-ineligibility-freshmen

In a statement to ESPN.com, the league says it is gauging interest from its members about a "national discussion regarding a year of readiness for student-athletes."

"The rules surrounding freshmen ineligibility don't fall within the areas of autonomy, which means either conferences choose to adopt the policy on their own or the legislation is voted on by the entire division," the NCAA said in a statement issued Friday.

Now I could be wrong but it sounds like they want to get support for it with in the Big 10 and try and push it with everyone else but once again I could be wrong.

NDKane21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I honestly cannot believe this is getting so much steam. I first heard it yesterday, was like...ha, dirt on my shoulder...now what? Well...

If this floats I'm not real sure how I'll feel about college sports going forward...

I feel like if someone is accepted into a university and is good enough to play as a Frosh then let him or her play...period. It is not that complicated. If they don't get their grades, then don't let them play, period...not that complicated.

This thing is soooo weird and I understand the intent but it is not the resolution to a problem. It is more like a death penalty...

...kind of hope this goes through just to see the negative impact...

jjc2009

I Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I honestly cannot believe this is getting so much steam. I first heard it yesterday, was like...ha, dirt on my shoulder...now what? Well...

If this floats I'm not real sure how I'll feel about college sports going forward...

I feel like if someone is accepted into a university and is good enough to play as a Frosh then let him or her play...period. It is not that complicated. If they don't get their grades, then don't let them play, period...not that complicated.

This thing is soooo weird and I understand the intent but it is not the resolution to a problem. It is more like a death penalty...

...kind of hope this goes through just to see the negative impact...

Actually, this is how it used to be, albeit without the concept of "red shirting". All freshmen were ineligible to play varsity football. I think the proposed rule would allow team participation, but no game eligibility and they still get 4 years of eligibility.

They would need to up scholarship limits though because look at our season last year. If those Freshmen were ineligible, who would we get to play once the injuries rolled in?

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah they would need to up it to 100 or more scholarship athletes.

NDKane21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually, this is how it used to be, albeit without the concept of "red shirting". All freshmen were ineligible to play varsity football. I think the proposed rule would allow team participation, but no game eligibility and they still get 4 years of eligibility.

They would need to up scholarship limits though because look at our season last year. If those Freshmen were ineligible, who would we get to play once the injuries rolled in?

Yeah, I know...and it got changed for a reason. Anybody who doesn't want to see the Melos, Ewings, Iversons, etc (could go on and on) as a Frosh in college is dumb.

Anyone want the best talent in America coming out of HS to go overseas to play a year of basketball?

The objective behind this nonsense is graduation rate...Frosh (only basketball and football) can't adapt apparently. It is beyond stupid.