• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Reason for optimism?

ColinCoby

"Duff Man…Oh Yeah!"
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,351.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Warriors are right where they need to be | The Press Democrat

"The Warriors are one final push from being in the mix in the brutal West. It didn’t come in the world-beating fashion die-hards wanted, but the opportunity is there if they seize it. Coming off a 4-2 trip, having won seven of nine since the All-Star break, it seems they might be finding their groove."

Thoughts?

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Most realistic fans predicted right around 50 wins for the team and a 5th seed. I think a lot of people got caught up in the media hype after numerous journalists picked the Warriors as their darkhorse team to get to the Finals. What most people forget is last year they over-achieved. The Warriors played beyond expectations.

This year, the expectations were for the Warriors to be a good team. What they are is a dynamic team, capable of beating anyone. Does this mean that they always should? Not necessarily. They're not sneaking up on anyone. Good teams are always a challenge. The biggest thing this year is that now bad teams are gearing up for the Warriors. Wins against us are no longer just another along the road, it's a notch in the belt for most. That's huge for the progression of this franchise.

Warriors job right now is to get into the playoffs. After that, it really doesn't matter who they play. No team in the 1st round is going to be an easy match up.

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Most realistic fans predicted right around 50 wins for the team and a 5th seed. I think a lot of people got caught up in the media hype after numerous journalists picked the Warriors as their darkhorse team to get to the Finals. What most people forget is last year they over-achieved. The Warriors played beyond expectations.

This year, the expectations were for the Warriors to be a good team. What they are is a dynamic team, capable of beating anyone. Does this mean that they always should? Not necessarily. They're not sneaking up on anyone. Good teams are always a challenge. The biggest thing this year is that now bad teams are gearing up for the Warriors. Wins against us are no longer just another along the road, it's a notch in the belt for most. That's huge for the progression of this franchise.

Warriors job right now is to get into the playoffs. After that, it really doesn't matter who they play. No team in the 1st round is going to be an easy match up.

I predicted 53-55 wins and they aren't far off. And 53 is still possible IMO

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Warriors are right where they need to be | The Press Democrat

"The Warriors are one final push from being in the mix in the brutal West. It didn’t come in the world-beating fashion die-hards wanted, but the opportunity is there if they seize it. Coming off a 4-2 trip, having won seven of nine since the All-Star break, it seems they might be finding their groove."

Thoughts?

Depends on what they mean by 'in the mix'. I really don't think this team is ready to make the Finals, especially out of the West. But they are looking pretty good now, about as good as they were expected to be. I'm sticking with them winning 1 playoff series and maybe 2. I'd be shocked but happily so if they win 3.

CohanHater

Long Time Warrior Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The bench didn't live up to expectations and the front office made the right adjustments. The team fought through some pretty bad injuries and is getting healthy at the right time.

If:
1) Iguodala can return to his active form on both sides of the ball
2) Blake continues to integrate the bench the way that he has been
3) Klay settles into his role and attacks the paint the way he has been the last few games
4) Lee figures out how to score and get his rebounds
5) Curry and Bogut stay healthy

This team can beat anyone in a 7 game series. I wouldn't say that they'd be favored against the top tier teams, but it'll be interesting.

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The bench didn't live up to expectations and the front office made the right adjustments. The team fought through some pretty bad injuries and is getting healthy at the right time.

If:
1) Iguodala can return to his active form on both sides of the ball
2) Blake continues to integrate the bench the way that he has been
3) Klay settles into his role and attacks the paint the way he has been the last few games
4) Lee figures out how to score and get his rebounds
5) Curry and Bogut stay healthy

This team can beat anyone in a 7 game series. I wouldn't say that they'd be favored against the top tier teams, but it'll be interesting.

Pretty much my thoughts

ColinCoby

"Duff Man…Oh Yeah!"
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,351.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
More good stuff:

19 games remaining

12 at home

10 against .500+ opponents.

By comparison, the Suns have 14 road games remaining and 12 against .500+ opponents.

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
More good stuff:

19 games remaining

12 at home

10 against .500+ opponents.

By comparison, the Suns have 14 road games remaining and 12 against .500+ opponents.

Ws project to 52 wins. The Suns to 46 and Dallas to 48. I think the Suns will really need to play well to even make the playoffs; the Grizz are lurking.

mylie10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the Griz get that 7th or 8th spot and scare the ess out of whoever has to play them in the first round. Glad it aint us.

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the Griz get that 7th or 8th spot and scare the ess out of whoever has to play them in the first round. Glad it aint us.

I would like the for them to get the 6th spot while we get the 5th spot so they can knock the clips out again

mylie10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah but I doubt Memphis has enough time to make that happen....maybe. I'd love for us to jump to 5th. Ned Portland to continue to fall off.

We seemed destined for the Clippers though.

Heard that Klay will miss the next game because of his grandfather's death. And that Steph might m isos the next one too. Will be interesting if it happens.

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah but I doubt Memphis has enough time to make that happen....maybe. I'd love for us to jump to 5th. Ned Portland to continue to fall off.

We seemed destined for the Clippers though.

Heard that Klay will miss the next game because of his grandfather's death. And that Steph might m isos the next one too. Will be interesting if it happens.

Makes sense to rest steph we need him back at 100%