• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Reality

naes666

Fuck Raffi Torres
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Canucks and Wings looking on fucking fire right now...the Sharks are going to have to pull a major attitude and confidence shift out of their proverbial asses to 1. make the playoffs, 2. get past the 1st round and 3. be lucky enough to have any energy left when they face one of these two clubs...am I wrong?

:ss:

p.s. St Louis and Nashville also looking 10x better than Sharks...

Last edited by a moderator:

Bowlby

The DON
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
i hate feeling this way but i agree, though i just dont see how this much talent, that has pretty much been together for a few years, doesnt look better. Is it Mclellen??

23sharks

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Detroit and Vancouver are definitely rolling right now. The thing I try to remember is that this is a LONG season, and you have to peak at the right time.
Just look at when the Sharks traded for Campbell, then went like 19-0-2, but lost in the 2nd round of the playoffs. They peaked too early.
Chicago was just playing horrible hockey, now they've turned it around.
Many ups and downs during the season.
The injuries obviously haven't helped the Sharks, but every team has to deal with that. They typically play well down the stretch, so I'm looking to see a big improvement from them.
If you took a look at all the teams, I think it's wide open. The Sharks can beat any of them in a 7 game series, if they are playing well, but could also lose to any of them if they aren't. It's all doing to depend on them geting their shit together and being consistent. You just look at how deep the West is now, with teams like St Louis and Nashville playing so well, and there is no easy matchup anymore. Whoever wins the West is going to earn it....

MrChangoT97

Dr. Pepper is the bomb
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Sharks can't be counted as one of the teams to compete for the cup. The Sharks need to get out of their FUNK, and learn to find their groove. Right now the Sharks don't have a top 6 right now "thanks to Havlat" and TMac doesn't have any idea where he wants to place Handzus or Moore. Either Doug adds another piece or pieces to this roster or we are going to be forced to watch TMac shuffling this line every game.

rares

Winning. Duh!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are A LOT more teams than 2-3 that the Sharks can't beat in a 7-game series in the West...

In fact, they can probably only beat 1-2, IMO...

23sharks

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
There are A LOT more teams than 2-3 that the Sharks can't beat in a 7-game series in the West...

In fact, they can probably only beat 1-2, IMO...

Really??? Even when they are playing the way they are capable of playing??
A lot of people were probably saying that about Chicago a week or 2 ago, and that's now changed.
I think the Sharks are also guilty of playing to the level of their opponent. They were the only team in the league that couldn't beat the Ducks earlier in the season, but they can beat Detroit.
Sorry Rares, I just don't see any team being head and shoulders better than the Sharks. Their talent, when healthy, matches up with all the other teams in the West.
They need to turn it around like Chicago did and start playing the way they can....

bdave

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really??? Even when they are playing the way they are capable of playing??
A lot of people were probably saying that about Chicago a week or 2 ago, and that's now changed.
I think the Sharks are also guilty of playing to the level of their opponent. They were the only team in the league that couldn't beat the Ducks earlier in the season, but they can beat Detroit.
Sorry Rares, I just don't see any team being head and shoulders better than the Sharks. Their talent, when healthy, matches up with all the other teams in the West.
They need to turn it around like Chicago did and start playing the way they can....

Right at this moment I disagree, the sharks are struggling to put away anyone right now. They need a trade if they are going to get past the 3rd round let alone even win a series. There are some tough tough teams this year, forget about just Detroit and Vancouver this season, how about the Blues, Predators and Ducks? The post season seemed like such a breeze the last few seasons... not this one.

23sharks

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Right at this moment I disagree, the sharks are struggling to put away anyone right now. They need a trade if they are going to get past the 3rd round let alone even win a series. There are some tough tough teams this year, forget about just Detroit and Vancouver this season, how about the Blues, Predators and Ducks? The post season seemed like such a breeze the last few seasons... not this one.

They are definitely struggling right now....My point is that pretty much every team has struggled during the season. Now is the time for them to pull their heads out....
A good trade would be nice, but I don't see that happening, unless something falls in their lap. Too many teams in the race = not enough players on the market to deal.
This is the deepest I remember the West being in a long time. There won't be any easy matchups in the first round. I completely agree with you on that. I just think people are going a little far, saying the Sharks can't beat any of these teams. If they get their shit together and play like they can, they have just as good a chance as anyone else. I think it's wide open this year, even with Detroit and Vancouver as playing as well as they are. Nothing would surprise me this season...

bdave

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They are definitely struggling right now....My point is that pretty much every team has struggled during the season. Now is the time for them to pull their heads out....
A good trade would be nice, but I don't see that happening, unless something falls in their lap. Too many teams in the race = not enough players on the market to deal.
This is the deepest I remember the West being in a long time. There won't be any easy matchups in the first round. I completely agree with you on that. I just think people are going a little far, saying the Sharks can't beat any of these teams. If they get their shit together and play like they can, they have just as good a chance as anyone else. I think it's wide open this year, even with Detroit and Vancouver as playing as well as they are. Nothing would surprise me this season...

We definitely all agree here on this board that the Sharks should be one of the top teams in the west. That is why we are complaining day after day is the lack of production from this team. The problem is this team lacks motivation to pick up their game and for years they were a 2nd half team but now it's becoming reality this team is not going anywhere this season. Hell they are 7th place in the west with one month to go, I'm not sure they will even make the playoffs the way the west is this season.

rares

Winning. Duh!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The standings keep changing but here is my analysis as of now:

1. VAN - LOL, sweep
2. DET - Might win a game or two but doubt it.
3. PHX - Have owned the Sharks this year.
4. STL - LOL, another sweep.
5. NSH - Have had their number in the playoffs but this year would be different, IMO.
6. CHI - Nope. Might win one game.
8. DAL - Probably the only team they'd beat.

So, yeah, it doesn't look too great, IMO... If Anaheim makes the playoffs, that's another team that the Sharks would be lucky to win 2 games against.

bdave

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

1. VAN - LOL, sweep
5. NSH - Have had their number in the playoffs but this year would be different, IMO.

So, yeah, it doesn't look too great, IMO... If Anaheim makes the playoffs, that's another team that the Sharks would be lucky to win 2 games against.

I'm surprised you even are counting them in the playoffs, they could definitely miss out. And now Colorado is getting hot.

23sharks

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00

1. VAN - LOL, sweep

As of right now, I would agree with you on all of those predictions. They are playing horrribly.
I just think there is too much talent on this team for them to continue like this, but maybe I'm just trying to be too optomistic.
It is definitely getting old watching them getting their asses handed to them like this. You think pride would kick in and you'd see some them fight for 60 min, but they just don't seem to have that in them.....so frustrating.....

rares

Winning. Duh!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree on the talent point, of course.

But yeah, I'm just saying, with the way they have played this season thus far, as a whole... against those particular teams... they don't stand much of a chance.

I don't see what could change between now and the end of the season either, so it's pretty much the way it's going to be. /shrug

23sharks

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I agree on the talent point, of course.

But yeah, I'm just saying, with the way they have played this season thus far, as a whole... against those particular teams... they don't stand much of a chance.

I don't see what could change between now and the end of the season either, so it's pretty much the way it's going to be. /shrug

The thing that concerns me, is this is going to be pretty much the same team for the next 2 season after this one. With all these guys having NTC's, I can't see any of them being dealt.
They will have some cap room this summer, and hope they use it wisely to pick up a really good 3rd liner. I like McGinn there and I think Wingels can be a good player. I thought Handzus would have contributed more than he has.
Getting rid of Mitchell-White-Vandy will give them some more $$ to spend too...Great....I'm already looking to next season. LOL.