• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Reality check 12/16/13

NBKLee

Head Idiot In Charge
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:crutch:Dubs aren't very good, big shocker

How do you fix things?

I'm finding that the guys in suits and ties want it more than the guys in the uniforms.

— Mark Jackson

Dubs are playing short handed, no doubt. No Andre Iguodala, No Festus, no JO, no semblance of a bench, that's not an excuse, that's just a fact. Dub starters are playing the heaviest minutes out of any team in the league. Suns and most teams run 8-9 deep everynight, and Jackson only really has 6 players.

Folks that are quick to jump all down Jackson's throat for the recent slide, where were you when the Dubs started 8-3 (5-9 since).

its a long season, Dubs are going to get healthy and the same folks who are jumping off the bandwagon, and the same ones shouting the loudiest at the end.

Do the Dubs need a trade? Possibly, if we keep struggling, a simple lineup change could help. Dubs seem to play better with Green on the court, Steve Wonder could see that. Thing is, our strength, and our Superstar needs to step up his game. 6+ turnovers a night isn't going to cut it. I don't care how many points he scores, take better care of the ball.

Will the real Klay Thompson please stand up? Same can be said about D, no Jumper, Lee. If he isn't capable of hitting that 15-18 footer, he needs to run the statue of Liberty play that Bogut does and find open shooters.

Thoughts? :crutch:

JustOneDennisBergkamp

Gunner for Life
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I haven't once criticized or insulted Jackson during the last month or so, but Lee, let's not leave the team's superstar off the list of those to blame. In fact, based on his status, I put him right at the top of that list.

_so_money_

Dubmaster
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Injuries can be an excuse for losing to Houston, Portland, OKC, etc. They are not an excuse for losing to the likes of Charlotte and Phoenix. A Warriors team that comes out prepared to play, that is working hard to correct very obvious repeated and preventable issues on offense and defense, beats those teams, and beats them easily. Plus questionable decisions like sitting Bogut and Green when they are the best players on the court. None of those things are happening and those things are in the job description of the coach. Jackson is not the only one to blame, but it's definitely somewhat on him, he can't just pass that off onto the players.

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ive been here the whole time and right now they just aren't playing good basketball no matter how many players they have. No way does a team even beat a team like the bobcats if you turn over the ball at the worst rate in the nba. 20+ points or more off turnovers many times recently. Dubs are very very good team top 10 offense and defense when going well. I say still 55 wins for this team as bleak as it looks right now

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm glad mark Jackson is calling them out. Might just wake them up from this point on. The Denver team of last year managed to win 57 games last year despite starting off 9-9 last year so hope is not lost at all. I'm gonna keep to my 55 wins and 4th seed prediction

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm glad mark Jackson is calling them out. Might just wake them up from this point on. The Denver team of last year managed to win 57 games last year despite starting off 9-9 last year so hope is not lost at all. I'm gonna keep to my 55 wins and 4th seed prediction

42-15 the rest of the way? They'd better get healthy and stay healthy fast for that.

When the season started and they were 8-3 that looked doable. Now 51 wins would be a pretty good record (38-19 the rest of the way, winning 2 out of 3 the rest of the season).

NBKLee

Head Idiot In Charge
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I haven't once criticized or insulted Jackson during the last month or so, but Lee, let's not leave the team's superstar off the list of those to blame. In fact, based on his status, I put him right at the top of that list.

You mean Steph? I believe he's very much to blame for some of the woes, but here's the thing, with Andre (or the Jack equivalent) in the lineup, Steph can run off back screens, side to side, and spot up.

Currently Steph is being asked to run the team, play 40+ mins, still create his own shot, play half decent defense, shoot at a high %, and not turn the ball over.

He's good, but would be better not having to handle those responsibilities. To say Toney Douglas is "rusty" is putting it mildly, he looks a little lost out there. Granted TD hasn't gotten consistent run, but we dont' really have time right now to stick him out there for 20 mins a night if he's going to be struggling.

Big time catch 22. How do good teams develop and win at the same time? You draft once a generation players like Tim Duncan and fill in the role players.

The rest of the league basically patches together the players and hope for the best.

We can run the offense through Klay, or HB, but Klay has regressed these last few games aswell, maybe its fatigue, but that 40 foot across court pass that lead to a fast break turnover broke my heart. We'd have better luck having Bogut run the break for us.

NBKLee

Head Idiot In Charge
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Injuries can be an excuse for losing to Houston, Portland, OKC, etc. They are not an excuse for losing to the likes of Charlotte and Phoenix. A Warriors team that comes out prepared to play, that is working hard to correct very obvious repeated and preventable issues on offense and defense, beats those teams, and beats them easily. Plus questionable decisions like sitting Bogut and Green when they are the best players on the court. None of those things are happening and those things are in the job description of the coach. Jackson is not the only one to blame, but it's definitely somewhat on him, he can't just pass that off onto the players.

Dubs don't have players right now, and I think the starters are tired.

I was hoping like the rest of us that Armstrong could here and be 1/2 the player JO was for us, but he's permplanted to the bench like Nedo and Dedum were.

While we are on the subject, if Nedo isn't going to get any run, he might aswell go down to the Dleague and work on his fundamentals there to get the work in.

NBKLee

Head Idiot In Charge
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ive been here the whole time and right now they just aren't playing good basketball no matter how many players they have. No way does a team even beat a team like the bobcats if you turn over the ball at the worst rate in the nba. 20+ points or more off turnovers many times recently. Dubs are very very good team top 10 offense and defense when going well. I say still 55 wins for this team as bleak as it looks right now

55 wins? You counting Preasason and Summer league?

As is, I would be shocked if they broke 45 wins at this point.

:bawling:

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
55 wins? You counting Preasason and Summer league?

As is, I would be shocked if they broke 45 wins at this point.

:bawling:

I might have to go with atleast 50 wins. But its not impossible to get 53-55. Because if they show that they were the team that they were in the beginning going 8-3 then i have no problem predicting 50+ Wins. Still alot of time like i said.

CohanHater

Long Time Warrior Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Zack Randolph would be a nice upgrade to Lee. I wonder what it would take to make that happen

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Zack Randolph would be a nice upgrade to Lee. I wonder what it would take to make that happen

I agree. To me dlee is the weakness on this team. Also zach would give us a WHOLE different look on offense

JustOneDennisBergkamp

Gunner for Life
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree. To me dlee is the weakness on this team. Also zach would give us a WHOLE different look on offense
The title of this thread is "Reality check." The reality is that the Warriors ain't getting Randolph unless they're willing to part with a few of their core players and some draft picks.

ChuckDurn

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
It looks like Iguodala is coming back tonight against the Pelicans. I think we'll get a better vision of what "reality" is like with him back. And I believe it looks a lot more like the 8-3 start than the 5-9 we've been in the last few days.

If anything, our tumble the last 3 weeks has done nothing more than show what value he brings, beyond simply "points". He does whatever is necessary, whether it be score, rebound, handle the ball, or spearhead the defense. I'm really surprised that there hasn't been more recognition of our "collapse" with his being out, in particular. (Bearing in mind that the last couple of days before he went out, Curry was out.)

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It looks like Iguodala is coming back tonight against the Pelicans. I think we'll get a better vision of what "reality" is like with him back. And I believe it looks a lot more like the 8-3 start than the 5-9 we've been in the last few days.

If anything, our tumble the last 3 weeks has done nothing more than show what value he brings, beyond simply "points". He does whatever is necessary, whether it be score, rebound, handle the ball, or spearhead the defense. I'm really surprised that there hasn't been more recognition of our "collapse" with his being out, in particular. (Bearing in mind that the last couple of days before he went out, Curry was out.)

Igoudala is just grossly underrated. I remember Avery Johnson saying this team had a big 2 but don't have a big 3 like the heat or spurs do. He was mentioning curry and klay as the big 2 I'm like seriously ??! We're is igoudala!? Him and steph are both top 20 players in this league. Oh and we are 8-2 with curry and igoudala in the lineup at the same time.

_so_money_

Dubmaster
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tony Parker also out on Thursday, we should in theory destroy the Pelicans tonight (if Iguodala plays), and if we can follow that up by beating San Antonio, that'll be a nice momentum-starter.

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Ws woes come down to three things for me, in no particular order:

1. Avi Lee's "defense." It's atrocious. At his very best, he's mediocre. But, he needs to focus and work hard to get to even that level. Steph will never be an elite defender, but he's passable when he focuses. With Steph/Klay/HB/Avi/Bogut on the floor you've got two excellent defenders, one good defender, Steph and Avi. We need more out of Avi or his role needs to be reduced.
2. Turnovers. Iggy's absence is no excuse for silly throwaways, dumb charges, and getting hung up in the air with nobody to pass to. This is team wide, but a good portion on Steph. He just needs to stop doing dumb shit.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0oJM22XG5hc]Ice Cube - Doing Dumb Shit - YouTube[/ame]

3. Backup PG. Douglas, Bazemore, and Nedovic have no spot on a good NBA roster. They're all D leaguers/fringe NBA players. I'm not sure what can be done as our roster is set, but we need a guy to come in 15-20 minutes a game to spell Steph or move him off the ball. The answer isn't in house.

I think 55 wins is unrealistic at this point, but I'd be happy to be proven wrong.