• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Reality check 12/16/13

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Ws woes come down to three things for me, in no particular order:

1. Avi Lee's "defense." It's atrocious. At his very best, he's mediocre. But, he needs to focus and work hard to get to even that level. Steph will never be an elite defender, but he's passable when he focuses. With Steph/Klay/HB/Avi/Bogut on the floor you've got two excellent defenders, one good defender, Steph and Avi. We need more out of Avi or his role needs to be reduced.
2. Turnovers. Iggy's absence is no excuse for silly throwaways, dumb charges, and getting hung up in the air with nobody to pass to. This is team wide, but a good portion on Steph. He just needs to stop doing dumb shit.

Ice Cube - Doing Dumb Shit - YouTube

3. Backup PG. Douglas, Bazemore, and Nedovic have no spot on a good NBA roster. They're all D leaguers/fringe NBA players. I'm not sure what can be done as our roster is set, but we need a guy to come in 15-20 minutes a game to spell Steph or move him off the ball. The answer isn't in house.

I think 55 wins is unrealistic at this point, but I'd be happy to be proven wrong.

55 is not unrealistic

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
55 is not unrealistic

They'd have to go 41-15...think about it, how many 55 win teams play .500 ball over a third of their schedules? I'd guess none.

Possible, sure. Realistic? Pass the joint.

CohanHater

Long Time Warrior Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They'd have to go 41-15...think about it, how many 55 win teams play .500 ball over a third of their schedules? I'd guess none.

Possible, sure. Realistic? Pass the joint.

If Portland were to get an injury to one of their top 3 players, I could see it happen to them. It's not unrealistic to say that the team will bounce back now that Iggy is back, Curry is healthy, and Fetsus should be coming back in a month

ChuckDurn

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
We do play 25 games against the East, albeit 4 are against Miami or Indiana...... so that's to our benefit. Those Eastern teams are going to be making every effort possible to lose games as the season goes on.

dubabay

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As I feared Jack and Landry were really important to this team, the bench is really garbage. Especially Jack because with him Curry could play some minutes a SG. Losing both has been a huge blow.

Also Lee is miles away from his all star season last year.

And for the ones asking for Randolph, my guess is the Warriors would need a package around Lee and Barnes with a future pick or something like that.

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We do play 25 games against the East, albeit 4 are against Miami or Indiana...... so that's to our benefit. Those Eastern teams are going to be making every effort possible to lose games as the season goes on.

I'm of the opinion that it really doesn't matter who we play. We can lose to anyone. Unless the turnovers are reduced and the defensive effort becomes consistent, it really doesn't matter.

ChuckDurn

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I'm of the opinion that it really doesn't matter who we play. We can lose to anyone. Unless the turnovers are reduced and the defensive effort becomes consistent, it really doesn't matter.

Yep. That became pretty obvious last night.

NBKLee

Head Idiot In Charge
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep. That became pretty obvious last night.

Hard to watch last night, going to try to stay positive, Dubs are still 9-3 when we have our starters

Steph, Klay, D.Lee, Andre, and Bogut for the opening tip.

Should they have blow out SAS minus their big 3 at home last night? Probably.

There's always the next game

:happyshake:

rayhl111

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
not so

The title of this thread is "Reality check." The reality is that the Warriors ain't getting Randolph unless they're willing to part with a few of their core players and some draft picks.

The Grizz would move Zach for Lee. Grizz need a pop and roll guy. Zach is on th trading block and both teams would probably do the deal.

NBKLee

Head Idiot In Charge
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Grizz would move Zach for Lee. Grizz need a pop and roll guy. Zach is on th trading block and both teams would probably do the deal.

How did my "Dub Reality Check" thread get turned into a Zbo for WCW one? SMH

But while we are on the subject, D.Lee isn't a "pop and roll guy". He's jumper isn't reliable right now, so his help defender and just sink back and clog the lane, sorta how Bogut's defender does after the he sets screens.

2ndly, Zbo makes 18 mil, we would have to add a filler, possibly HB to that deal for it to work, and I wouldn't pull the trigger on that at this point. ZBO isn't the final piece to a championship for us.

NBKLee

Head Idiot In Charge
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bump this bad boy for the doubters

15-3 now with the "healthy 5 starters"

Where are the doomsayers now? 6 game winning streak.

:suds: , Happy 2014