• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Realistic goals for your team this season?

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Realistic?

1. Win a game
2. Win a game
3. Win a game

Pie in the sky.
1. Win two games
2. Win two games
3. Win two games

Cosmic
1. Win 2+ games
2. Win 2+ games
3. Win 2+ games

Now, if everyone we played was Oklahoma type, I wouldn't be so sarcastic and negative. But, THEY AIN'T all Oklahoma types! Some of 'em ain't worth a shit and we still can't seem to beat 'em.

amszete

STRIKE FIRST|STRIKE HARD.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With VT's young team I am good with the following:

- Beat WVU
- Beat UVA
- Win Coastal
- Play in /win a good bowl game

Kenny

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Win the PAC

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Win Pac. Considering the weak ooc schedule, 1 loss can potentially ruin a playoff birth. So win Pac and let cards fall how they will should be the goal.

I would concur on this statement and add, to the asshole that stated "Natty's on a platter and stuff" we get the rematch of the semi final game last season and the outcome is a lot different this time around!

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would concur on this statement and add, to the asshole that stated "Natty's on a platter and stuff" we get the rematch of the semi final game last season and the outcome is a lot different this time around!

Yeah, Bama probably doesn't play as sloppy this time around and the game's over by halftime with a big Bama blow out win.

belcherboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Michigan needs to get to the PSU game undefeated. Here is what I think would be interesting.

Oct. 21: Michigan loses @ Penn St
Oct. 28: Penn St loses @ Ohio St
Nov. 25: Ohio St loses @ Michigan

It goes to the tie breaker, and all hell breaks loose.

Although, in terms of goals, I think shooting for 10 wins is a GREAT goal for Michigan this year. If everyone develops pretty well throughout the year, and they don't have any significant injuries/arrests this spring, I could see them being a top 3 team come the start of 2018. Or Speight could tank, the backup QB's are terrible, and they enter the 2018 season with A LOT of doubts about whether they will ever beat Ohio State anytime in the near future. :gaah:

belcherboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, Bama probably doesn't play as sloppy this time around and the game's over by halftime with a big Bama blow out win.

I too am having a tough time taking Washington seriously. Although they looked WAY better than Ohio State looked in the playoffs last year. (just a cheap shot on Ohio State)

If Washington has another GREAT season, I'll probably change my opinion of them.

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I too am having a tough time taking Washington seriously. Although they looked WAY better than Ohio State looked in the playoffs last year. (just a cheap shot on Ohio State)

If Washington has another GREAT season, I'll probably change my opinion of them.

I take them seriously as contenders to win the Pac(though I'd favor USC and wouldn't count out Stanford), but they have about the same chance of winning a Natty this year as Georgia does, which is close to zero

belcherboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I take them seriously as contenders to win the Pac(though I'd favor USC and wouldn't count out Stanford), but they have about the same chance of winning a Natty this year as Georgia does, which is close to zero

Yeah, I was measuring them by national title possibilities. I do have respect for what they have done though. I'm just not there yet in terms of national championship status.

TheDayMan

Day Butt Ass the sadgaydayboy
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why you being such a dick?

TheDayMan

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

^ shit listed.

belcherboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
^ shit listed.

I'll be happy to be wrong, but I'm just not ready to jump on the "Washington winning the national title" bandwagon yet. I'm impressed with this run, but IMO, they need another season or two of high quality football program winning before I sign on to their national title newsletter.

TheDayMan

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll be happy to be wrong, but I'm just not ready to jump on the "Washington winning the national title" bandwagon yet. I'm impressed with this run, but IMO, they need another season or two of high quality football program winning before I sign on to their national title newsletter.
Okay, fair enough. You're not shitlisted. And @Chewbaccer, I can't stay mad at you...

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I will be the adult here and give a response to this:

They ( Dawgs not Georgia) do have a younger secondary, that has seen some game action, but must live up to the hype . Now with that said, if they go through the Pac 12 and win out to the title game and SC some how makes it through all the "over hype" and actually lives up to experts opinions then we will have that rematch of SC and UW.
Granted I don't think it will be the same outcome as it was in Seattle last year, I believe Jake Browning comes out with some revenge for this game.

Of course I am in no means turning a deaf ear on Stanford, Unlike Oregon, I believe Shaw has his team built stronger and faster, ( see week two Stanford vs SC).....

As for Washington making another playoff run? If they win out, beat SC or who ever the south sends and with Coach Petersen anything is possible. I know the nay say'ers will continue the "Washington doesn't deserve to be in" and that's fine, I trust the committee will make sure they are in!

belcherboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As for Washington making another playoff run? If they win out, beat SC or who ever the south sends and with Coach Petersen anything is possible. I know the nay say'ers will continue the "Washington doesn't deserve to be in" and that's fine, I trust the committee will make sure they are in!

If the Pac12 champion goes undefeated, I don't see a realistic scenario that would keep them from the playoffs. The problem is when comparing them to other one loss teams from Power 5 conferences, will their resume be enough to get them in? I give Washington MAD PROPS for their increased schedule in upcoming years! It's just this year is a little light IMO.

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the Pac12 champion goes undefeated, I don't see a realistic scenario that would keep them from the playoffs. The problem is when comparing them to other one loss teams from Power 5 conferences, will their resume be enough to get them in? I give Washington MAD PROPS for their increased schedule in upcoming years! It's just this year is a little light IMO.

And again that's fine, they can't undo previous scheduling from former coaching staff/AD....

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will be the adult here and give a response to this:

They ( Dawgs not Georgia) do have a younger secondary, that has seen some game action, but must live up to the hype . Now with that said, if they go through the Pac 12 and win out to the title game and SC some how makes it through all the "over hype" and actually lives up to experts opinions then we will have that rematch of SC and UW.
Granted I don't think it will be the same outcome as it was in Seattle last year, I believe Jake Browning comes out with some revenge for this game.

Of course I am in no means turning a deaf ear on Stanford, Unlike Oregon, I believe Shaw has his team built stronger and faster, ( see week two Stanford vs SC).....

Well God damn, son, if Georgia has an undefeated regular season and beats Bama by 40 in the SECCG, we have an outside shot of making the playoffs too.

You'll get jaded and learn to be a pessimist one of these days, just like me(though I still get pissed even when UGA loses a game I predicted them to lose, so maybe it doesn't help at all)