• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Realistic Expectations against the Boys

Badger8843

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To be honest for 3.5 quarters last night Cowboys looked damn good, I just dont see us keeping up with their offense. Unless Romo turns it over which can happen, they are going to be tough to beat because I dont see our offense scoring more then 2-3 Td's

tallglassofwater007

Large Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Ware plays like he did last night then I see a long night for Alex Smith. I figured we would lose to them when I made my "bye week" predictions before...but after the way they played last night... I see them beating us pretty soundly. Im gonna say 31-17.

TheNinerMind

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
We will be at home. Romo is playing with a hobbled Dez Bryant. The Cowboys D is vulnerable to the tight end. I could see a win. I'm not predicting one, but I may.

tallglassofwater007

Large Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The word on Bryant is cramping and a bruised quad. With treatment... I don't see it being an issue next week, but maybe it's one of those nagging injuries and he isn't 100%.

h0ckeysk83r

Haters gonna hate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Our Defense is going to have to be excellent. Gonna need a Baltimore ravens performance and get as many turnovers as possilble. Bryant, Austin and Witten all worry me here.

Hopefully our offense will be able to utilize there weak CB's and we play turnover free football again. I think we will def open up the pass more here, we pretty much will have to i believe.

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Could be the Delanie Walker show then cuz Davis will be needed to help the other Davis with Ware.

MW49ers5

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
On paper and based on how our offense played yesterday, I think we get crushed. If we are going to win next Sunday we will have to steal a victory with, once again, our D & ST's and lots and lots of turnovers.

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does anyone know how Rogers usually held up against the Cowboys when he was a Redskin? That will probably be one of the biggest difference makers in the game. That big passrush needs to show up again for the 49ers, Romo may not be great, but he'll probably pick the secondary apart if he has time.

I wouldn't count on Romo and the team making so many mistakes this time around, they're embarrassed and want to put up a perfect game to move on. It'll be a tough game, Dallas has ability and will be playing angry.

It's a winnable game though. If the Defense plays like it did this last game, without the screwups in the secondary that led to TDs.. and if Alex plays another mistake free game. Things should work out well for the 49ers.

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We would have humiliated Seattle if we had successfully thrown in the red zone. We settled for FGs by running into walls. Gonna need to change that approach this time around.

MW49ers5

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
We would have humiliated Seattle if we had successfully thrown in the red zone. We settled for FGs by running into walls. Gonna need to change that approach this time around.

yep-yep

I just don't see our secondary having much success against Whitten, Austin and Bryant. If we can't get constant pressure on Romo, he could have a 'Cam Newton' kind of day against us; and, to your point, FG's are not going to keep us even in the same zip code let alone close in the game.

tallglassofwater007

Large Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ray... thats what this team always does. Settle for field goals and the other team hangs around and then they eventually take the lead. That has got to change. That goal line stand yesterday made me sick. Six downs from inside the 5 and they cant get in?!?

jayviabay

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if the cowobys dont turn the ball over on their side of the 50, i have a hard time seeing how the niners will put up even 17 points with this offense

FourBeeDen

Semi Lurker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
The one thing that the Niners could exploit against the Cowboys is the short pass to the RB coming out of the backfield. LT and the Jets gashed the Cowboys for big gains because their LB's did not match well against LT.

maniax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I'm thinking our defensive front 7 could give them headaches and keep the game close.

Our secondary is going to have to be sharp.

Our special teams play is going to have to be good again to give us an edge and good field position.

On offense I'd like to see mistake free football again. It might be conservative again though.

49erfanfromnc

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I said this in another thread, but i think that we need to come out with the power- running approach against the Cowboys. I know that it looked horrible against the Seahawks, but we have to keep Ware and that pass rush off balance, so I would like to see us give Gore and Hunter touches early and often to do that. Dallas' secondary is a weakness and we can exploit that with out WR's and TE's, but we have to be patient and open it up first. IMHO. On defense, I would love to see us blitz Romo early and often. It's going to be a tough game for us, but I trust Harbaugh to have us ready.

49erfanfromnc

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I agree with this, and with us going back to the Bill Walsh WCO this is something that is used and will be an option.

numone9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Our Defense is going to have to stuff them with pressure. If we let them score a couple of TD's early on, then the game is over. I just don't see us being able to put up more than 17 against them and our Offensive line is going to have to show up to play because Rob Ryan is going to have them fired up. If i could have picked only 1 win for us this whole year it would have to be this game. Fuck the Cowboys.

RedneckNiner

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As scary as it sounds Harbaugh is going to need to let Alex throw more in this game. Not that that is a totally comforting thought but running up the middle for now game and playing conservative isn't going to get it done.

Mozart'sGhost

"Floating In My Tin Can, High Above The World...."
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
We will be at home. Romo is playing with a hobbled Dez Bryant. The Cowboys D is vulnerable to the tight end. I could see a win. I'm not predicting one, but I may.

That is the key. The Niners are tough at home and with a break here and there, they could beat the Cowboys. The bad thing is the Cowboys are gonna come in looking for blood after blowing the game against the Jets.

MW49ers5

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
That is the key. The Niners are tough at home and with a break here and there, they could beat the Cowboys. The bad thing is the Cowboys are gonna come in looking for blood after blowing the game against the Jets.

That is very true...