• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Read this article: Are our coaches genius?

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I don't know, but I like what they are doing with personnel and play calls based on opposition and our players more natural abilities.

Have a feeling we are losing Lou this offseason.

cincygrad

Offensive Line Consultant
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I don't know, but I like what they are doing with personnel and play calls based on opposition and our players more natural abilities.

Have a feeling we are losing Lou this offseason.
Teams would be smart to give Lou a good look.... But this is a league that routinely leans toward hires that can help on offense. I'd be surprised if he didn't generate interest, but I would also be surprised if he actually gets a HC job. We'll probably just end up with more Nathaniel Hackets.

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Teams would be smart to give Lou a good look.... But this is a league that routinely leans toward hires that can help on offense. I'd be surprised if he didn't generate interest, but I would also be surprised if he actually gets a HC job. We'll probably just end up with more Nathaniel Hackets.
Fortunately for us, Lou is white, and this next round of head coaching hires are probably going to be forced to hire outside the lack of color spectrum.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've been saying it most of the year - Lou is going to get a look at HC....I hope teams are stupid and pass on him.

Or, maybe I hope that his goal isn't to be a HC, and he is happy running an elite defensive unit with an offense that is also elite, and can compete for multiple Division, conference and Super Bowl Championships over the next decade.....

Lou is a damned witch - I'm sure of it.

monty python GIF

DanBengalfan

Raving lunatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If burrow was injured, then we would see and evaluate our offensive coaches . Prayers this never happens

DanBengalfan

Raving lunatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do like one of our backups though jake browning is actually decent. Remember Jeff Blake was a 3rd string qb, as was Kurt Warner. You never know what you have until something happens.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If burrow was injured, then we would see and evaluate our offensive coaches . Prayers this never happens
You can say this about any contending team in the NFL....

Backups are backups for a reason...and no position likely have a wider gap in talent than from the starting QB to the backup QB.

DanBengalfan

Raving lunatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Backups are backups for a reason...and no position likely have a wider gap in talent than from the starting QB to the backup QB.

our insurance policy is Brandon Allen. could be better, this shows inaction on either the coaching staff or the front office, I'm not sure which. The Patriots went from Drew Bledsoe to Tom Brady, the Niners went from Joe Montana to Steve Young, I'm sure there are many other examples where the backup QB has stepped up and succeeded because that is their job.

if Joe B goes down in the playoffs, someone in the organization is content to hand the ball to Brandon Allen. I'm not sure who's fault that is, but I'm about 90% sure it's not a good plan.

DanBengalfan

Raving lunatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
our coaches decided to run Taylor horizontally on 4th and short.
that's 7 points our talent had to recoup.

it's pretty clear the offensive coaches are far from being geniuses.

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Unless you are one of those teams without a true franchise QB. Example, Dalton/Winston/Hill

DanBengalfan

Raving lunatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unless you are one of those teams without a true franchise QB. Example, Dalton/Winston/Hill
Dalton is the mendoza line for sure.
I will continue to root for him, even though he's got some shortfalls. Great guy, would be wonderful to see him get that elusive playoff win.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
our insurance policy is Brandon Allen. could be better, this shows inaction on either the coaching staff or the front office, I'm not sure which. The Patriots went from Drew Bledsoe to Tom Brady, the Niners went from Joe Montana to Steve Young, I'm sure there are many other examples where the backup QB has stepped up and succeeded because that is their job.

if Joe B goes down in the playoffs, someone in the organization is content to hand the ball to Brandon Allen. I'm not sure who's fault that is, but I'm about 90% sure it's not a good plan.
Well, sure - but it's really hard to compare some of these instances...I mean, Brady was a 7th round pick. No one knew he would become who he did. Young had a TON of talent and TB used a 1st round supplemental pick on him - and the greatest guru of offensive innovation in the history of the NFL (Or one of them) thought he would be a fit in the offense they ran in S.F.

Usually, if you end up with a talented QB as backup - you've done one of 2 things: 1 - You've drafted a talented QB fairly early in the draft with the design that someday, this may be your QB of the future. 2 - You hit pay-dirt with a late round, undrafted QB, who ends up taking the TB path to stardom. There is a 3rd tier - and that is the Andy Dalton tier - former starters who are not as good as they once were (back of career) or not as good as everything thought they would be (Baker Mayfield). You see more of these around the NFL (Bridgewater is another) than you do then 2nd tier. It's usually either tier 1, draft decent QB, or tier 3, find re-tread veteran QB who, if called upon, you hope they kind of rekindle that spark for a stretch long enough to sustain the team.

Outside of that - you are talking about the very, very rare instance of a team having 2 legit starting QB's.

DanBengalfan

Raving lunatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, sure - but it's really hard to compare some of these instances...I mean, Brady was a 7th round pick. No one knew he would become who he did. Young had a TON of talent and TB used a 1st round supplemental pick on him - and the greatest guru of offensive innovation in the history of the NFL (Or one of them) thought he would be a fit in the offense they ran in S.F.

Usually, if you end up with a talented QB as backup - you've done one of 2 things: 1 - You've drafted a talented QB fairly early in the draft with the design that someday, this may be your QB of the future. 2 - You hit pay-dirt with a late round, undrafted QB, who ends up taking the TB path to stardom. There is a 3rd tier - and that is the Andy Dalton tier - former starters who are not as good as they once were (back of career) or not as good as everything thought they would be (Baker Mayfield). You see more of these around the NFL (Bridgewater is another) than you do then 2nd tier. It's usually either tier 1, draft decent QB, or tier 3, find re-tread veteran QB who, if called upon, you hope they kind of rekindle that spark for a stretch long enough to sustain the team.

Outside of that - you are talking about the very, very rare instance of a team having 2 legit starting QB's.

I would cut Brandon Allen outright. promote Jake Browning, and begin the search for another QB to either be #2 or be added to the practice squad. Brandon Allen is at the #2 position for one reason, and one reason only. He's Coach Taylor's guy. it's stupid. he's not a genius, he got lucky that the Brown family is all in on Burrow all the sudden. even Marvin Lewis couldn't screw this up.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would cut Brandon Allen outright. promote Jake Browning, and begin the search for another QB to either be #2 or be added to the practice squad. Brandon Allen is at the #2 position for one reason, and one reason only. He's Coach Taylor's guy. it's stupid. he's not a genius, he got lucky that the Brown family is all in on Burrow all the sudden. even Marvin Lewis couldn't screw this up.
Don't agree or disagree - again, the vast majority of teams in the NFL would be screwed if their #1 QB went down. That's really all I'm getting at. There's no bigger drop from starter to backup than the QB position, as a whole, in the NFL.

Gypsumstack

Hoopla Cash
$ 945.62
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
our coaches decided to run Taylor horizontally on 4th and short.
that's 7 points our talent had to recoup.

it's pretty clear the offensive coaches are far from being geniuses.
That was a Burrow audible call

jbuck

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think that's how they drew it up. they had to account for dunlap right. so execution may have been the problem

DanBengalfan

Raving lunatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I empathize with him having to pay a fine though. I don't think he was smart enough to tell Bates to fake an injury (which he may not have done), so he (coach Zac) should not have to pay his fine. that's just the NFL marketing department flexing their muscle because we beat the chiefs again.

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I empathize with him having to pay a fine though. I don't think he was smart enough to tell Bates to fake an injury (which he may not have done), so he (coach Zac) should not have to pay his fine. that's just the NFL marketing department flexing their muscle because we beat the chiefs again.
I only saw Bates got fined $50k. I saw half the dang Saints team got fined for Cam Jordan supposedly faking an injury. I think Jordan had an actual issue, but he couldn't make it off the field, coaches said we aren't going to call a time out, so go down if you need us to come help you.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think ZT gets fined as well as the organization - as a way to crack down on this type of behavior in preventing an unfair stoppage in play. You can't really flag it on the field, and you can't let the play go on....so.....a fine in retrospect where you likely appeal and get it lowered to a certain point is likely the best option, but that doesn't mean it really makes a ton of sense, or is a good option - just not another one out there.....