• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Random Thoughts

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Broncos resign Kevin Hogan - which pleases me for no other reason than having the off chance to make Hogan's Heros references.

WalkerBoh

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ed8f310a38493126e1b054d8f6f8bb83.jpg

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am reminded of the time - when I was a United States Infantry foot soldier for two years due my gender, my birthdate, my draft lottery number - and my stupidly losing my student deferment. It was always the quiet, restful moments - like this forum is in right now - when the lovely drill instructor would burst into the barracks, flip on the oppressive lights and start shouting at the top of his lungs: "OFF YOUR ASSES AND ON YOUR FEET!"

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm excited about projecting Fangio scheme designs - on to the present defensive roster of the Broncos. The other day he was talking about moving Chubb inside on some situations. Who knows what this mad scientist will do with Von Miller's skill set. The DBs on this current roster are the most versatile - on any given play - 4 dbacks can turn into many different combinations of Safety and Cback.

This gives me two thoughts:

1) Fangio may not need a 3 down MLB who can play sideline to sideline with his current roster - despite his history of making such a guy a beating heart of his defense. He could move Von Miller to the middle on any given play - or Cravens or Jackson up on any given play.

2) It is already a given Fangio has enough versatility in his starters and rotations that the offense will never be sure what is going to happen to them on any given play. The league - has become a match up league, but you can't play matchups unless you reasonably know what the defenders will do to defeat you. If you take that away by utilizing the versatility of your defenders - the offense starts each play back on their heals. If you can make the offense hesitate - the blitz is even more effective.

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm excited about projecting Fangio scheme designs - on to the present defensive roster of the Broncos. The other day he was talking about moving Chubb inside on some situations. Who knows what this mad scientist will do with Von Miller's skill set. The DBs on this current roster are the most versatile - on any given play - 4 dbacks can turn into many different combinations of Safety and Cback.

This gives me two thoughts:

1) Fangio may not need a 3 down MLB who can play sideline to sideline with his current roster - despite his history of making such a guy a beating heart of his defense. He could move Von Miller to the middle on any given play - or Cravens or Jackson up on any given play.

2) It is already a given Fangio has enough versatility in his starters and rotations that the offense will never be sure what is going to happen to them on any given play. The league - has become a match up league, but you can't play matchups unless you reasonably know what the defenders will do to defeat you. If you take that away by utilizing the versatility of your defenders - the offense starts each play back on their heals. If you can make the offense hesitate - the blitz is even more effective.

To Fangio, there is no such thing as a 3 down LBer anymore in the NFL. He said last year teams played 3WRs and a TE 80% of the time. Also said White and Bush are not in the same class as Roquan. To Vic, Roquan is special. Maybe a smoke screen who knows. He acknowledged that teams bring in players all the time as smoke screens.

Great interview today . About 60 minutes long.

Vic Fangio meets media at Coaches' Breakfast

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bold Prediction: Brandon Langley will stun the football world by coming off the refuse heap on defense to become a Pro- Bowl WR wearing Orange and Blue.

If this becomes true - you will know I'm a genius.

and if it doesn't become true - I'm the guy who was brave enough to put himself out there.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Broncos will not use a high pick on a TE - none of the good TEs are injured enough to catch John Elway's attention.