• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Random Thoughts

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It seems that the Broncos have made the calculation that investing in top coaches (off the salary cap) - brings dividends and value in player acquisition, talent development and matching scheme to talent. In effect - getting better value out of the salary cap (and dead money) they have this season. I say - about time to do this Johnny boy, but if it works out - you're a genius again.

------

How many teams have been able to keep winning Super Bowls once their legendary QB leaves the team? Pulling that off was the Whale - Ahab Shanahan tried and failed to accomplish.
______

Can't wait for Brady to retire.

_____

Munchuck - "Why are you laughing so hard John?"

Elway - "Because I'm paying you so much - I have to offset this in my budget - against what I can pay your Linemen. You get to make us a top flight oline on a homeless person's budget."

_______

I took hallucinogens about 4 decades ago, but even I can't see Antonio Brown as a Denver Bronco.

_______

I can see Malik Jackson returning to the Broncos - and the superstitious side of me would consider that a good omen for the start of the season. He not only provides a very significant push inside Miller and Chubb, but he uses his arms to shut off the passing lanes as well as anybody in the league.

_______

I'm glad to see the Broncos keep Wolfe. He not only plays well, but also plays with heart - and almost always gives the media decent quotes.

______

I don't know - this is just a feeling, of course, but I just get this calming effect when thinking that Fangio is the HC and he is not wasting any time - getting to where he wants to go with this job. Everybody knows the feeling at work - where you know you can run this place much better than it is being run - Fangio is a guy who waited 20 years for this chance and now that it is here - he is ready.

_______

I'm not worried about Safeties on this Bronco team - I am worried what the Broncos are going to be able to do at CB - since I count like only good one - and he is coming off the injured list. This year - I guess - the Fangio defense will flip to more zone and less man coverage. You still have to be able to cover the area within 5 yards of LOS and tackle well when you get there.

-_________

If I was the Broncos - I would take Devin White at 10 if he is available. He is just that perfect for the job. But - there will be guys even in UDFA that are 6' 2" 230-35 lbs - who run 4.5 forties and played DB in high school or college. The types Fangio wants are in a talent pool of significant size - so you want a guy like Fangio - making the intangible evaluations on the talent. I suggest Drew Lewis from CU - who may go undrafted, but would be great at ILB in the Fangio system.

_____

I like to see someone interview Fangio just to ask him - what preparations he is making to call the game from the sidelines instead of from the press box. So I say we get Fangio to wear one of those virtual reality headsets - so while on the sidelines he sees the view from the press box - and calls the plays into himself.

_____

Joe Flacco: So if you believe in Karma (like I do) - Joe Flacco is just the kind of guy who would logically add to Denver Bronco history. I says this because Flacco already has flashed Karma at Mile High when R. Moore fell down. If by some magic of cosmic justice - Joe Flacco has a reenactment of that moment- only he's wearing Orange and Blue. Well that is the kind of history that happens with this Bronco franchise (your can look it up).

______

Jason Witten came back to the Cowboys - DeMarcus Ware was quoted recently that he was thinking about coming back too. Candidly folks - these fellows are looking for additional CTE credits.

______

Scangerello: "Why are you laughing John?"

Elway? "If you think Munchak's task is a hard one - you need to look at your budget at QB."

_______

I'm actually hoping the Broncos add Travon McMillan at RB in this draft or afterward - because that would give the Broncos the best group of RBs of anyone in the NFL.

In Free Agency for TE - I like the guy from the Steelers.

-------

Do you think DT would come back to the Broncos at the league minimum for next season - and would the Broncos even want that?

-------

Don't forget to set you clocks forward ;)

LGM

6 Time Poster of the Month
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
who owns a clock anymore?

Wasn't there a long running thread like this back on Mouth Off in the Non-Sports Board?

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
who owns a clock anymore?

Wasn't there a long running thread like this back on Mouth Off in the Non-Sports Board?

Is this a random thought?

SpringStein

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
January and February - lots of planning and proposal writing. Not my favorite work time of the year.

Complaining about snow and cold in Colorado seems like complaining I don’t get enough sleep to a new mother. At least compared to the upper Midwest.

Why didn’t I come to Costa Rica (except for a couple days on two cruises) before now? What a beautiful country. And hot. 95 here today.

The Nuggets are exciting - but they haven’t matured to the point that I think they will in a couple of years. The 3rd youngest team in the league. But this old guy, Paul Millsap, is the most underrated on the team. Huge difference defensively when is is/isn’t in the game.

Glad Nolan re-signed with the Rockies. And good for him having an out after three years if he wants. That keeps the pressure on the team to stay competitive.

Hey, no clock changing going on in Russia - or Costa Rica.

Buenas Dias!

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Judging by reported signings and agreements - the Broncos haven't shot out of the gate in the FA market. But again - we are in an NFL period where you can talk, but not sign deals (until the 13th).

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Carl every month

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well - we should make it DC again - if only to embarrass him.

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
McGovern appears poised to start this year but he is set to become a free agent in 2020, so Denver will have to find yet another replacement if they don’t re-sign him.

This got me on a random thought process.

McGovern should stay at Guard that way he makes more jack from the team that picks him up next year. We don't keep draft picks why bother developing them for other teams next year. Why lose half a year training a guy that will be dressed in another team uniform next year. He was pretty good at Guard to keep the loaner were he did alright.

So either Jones cuts it in training camp our we go get a Rotgut Center that is past his prime during the cuts to get to 53 players

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Elway has made me practical.

listopencil

I've Seen Better Days
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Random thought:

I am sitting here imagining an O-Line with Bolles at LT, McGovern at Center, and the new guy at RT. That's it. No Guards at all. Just empty spots. And I still like it more than having Garcia out there.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Random Thought:

@listopencil - according to the mock drafts I read - the Broncos could have both guards named Conner McGovern (making the jersey number even more important).

listopencil

I've Seen Better Days
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Random Thought:

@listopencil - according to the mock drafts I read - the Broncos could have both guards named Conner McGovern (making the jersey number even more important).

Well...shit...now I want it to happen.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Two more things left to accomplish on defense for these Broncos - a good tackling - 2nd level guy who can run down plays - and finding a way to provide a push toward the QB up the middle of the line.