• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Re-Alignment Official

rp2five

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
This will make divisions mean something again. We got a tough division. But look at the west. 8 team conferences means 4 in each aren't making the playoffs compared to 3 in the 7 team divisions.

I heard the players might shoot this down. I hope not.

As to playing teams outside your division, including out west like the Kings and Oilers, I am a fan of that. When looking at the schedule, I try to make the games when we play teams I rarely see on TV or throughout the year.

This type of realignment will only make our rivalries even more bitter. It reminds me of the old Patrick division days. Also the playoff format is great. Play out the division first. Good stuff.

You know there will be complaining however when one division has teams missing the playoffs even though they got much better records then a team making it in from another division.

MCDevils

NJ Devils: Sweden West
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
i do have to say i think the schedule of the new format is kind of dumb. you play outside your conference each team just twice? so you play the north east conference (bruins/habs/leafs etc) only twice? thats kind of blah to me. i never understood the argument that everyone wants to see each team once (western conference teams) why is that ? say you want to see the ducks so bad at the rock...day they play there? you cant go your out of luck.

i think its great that means conference games mean even more now since the playoffs are conference based (which i love) i just dont like seeing other eastern teams 2x

They did this because they want to make out of conference travel more equal around the league. The devils played like 5 times out of their time zone a couple years back. Also, they're not in "our conference" anymore. We need to get used to that. Frankly, I'll trade extra games against the Caps and Canes for the Canadian teams.

MCDevils

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I do too, sucks Wang is getting fucked over the way he is.

Fuck Wang, the guys a billionaire and refuses to put any money into his team to get it off the floor because the people of long island don't want to pay for him to build condos. Guy isn't in it to be a hockey owner and never was.

MCDevils

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
expansion is a no no. not until the nhl sures up the troubled teams they already have. isles/panthers/yotes/devils to some extent. the nhl also has to get the salary cap worked out..

You're always going to have teams that are on the bottom of the pile in terms of finances and looking for new owners.

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
the nhl needs to go a few years without any bankruptcies before they look to expand in my opinion....as for the arugmetn that some teams might get screwed i dont buy into that argument. teams now miss the playoffs when other teams in another conference make the playoffs. just like how the 3rd seed sometimes isnt really the #3 seed.

also since the schedule bases it on heavy division games then its your own fault if you cant win the games in your division then you shouldnt be in the playoffs

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
if the yotes move before qc is ready for an nhl team....then they will target the islanders for sure

TiLoBrown

Way too mad about Rep!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fuck Wang, the guys a billionaire and refuses to put any money into his team to get it off the floor because the people of long island don't want to pay for him to build condos. Guy isn't in it to be a hockey owner and never was.

Wang could have easily not even try to keep the team on LI, but he is, even with the city ignoring him and fans not showing up.

MCDevils

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Wang could have easily not even try to keep the team on LI, but he is, even with the city ignoring him and fans not showing up.

Can you blame them? The islanders have been a cap floor team for 3 years and they have a billionaire owner? He's using moving the team as leverage to get taxpayers to fund his condos.

anythingispossible

Dangling Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm happy with it. We'll be able to renew old rivalries. And i won't have to start watching the game at 9:30 PM. I get up in the morning at 4 AM.

anythingispossible

Dangling Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Conference "A"
Anaheim
Calgary
Colorado
Edmonton