• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

RDR 2

Camfantasy

Valar Morghulis
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not much of a gamer, usually just Madden now and again, and maybe every few years get a game like Battlefield er something. Just bought Witcher 3 a couple of weeks ago. Those types of games are fuckin' Time Machines maynge...I haven't gotten shit done in since getting the GD'd thing!?

My wife would prolly divorce my ass if I got RDR2 already..lel

I'm not much of one anymore either but Rockstar and Naughty Dog games are must buys for me and this one definitely didn't disappoint.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not really, I went to his location, pushed in the R3 and L3 to find anything with his markings than go from one markings to another until I spotted him and killed him. Yeah, I killed the bear first than him, but I really don't think it matters. I killed 75% of the legendary animals thus far.

FINALLY got the bastard. I walked around forever, didn't get anything. Left and came back, nothing. Finally just camped overnight in the location and the thing finally spawned. So I think maybe it only appears in the mornings or that's when its most frequent.

Got another question though. When you sell the legendary pelts to the trapper, does it unlock all the outfits each pelt can get or are you limited to one item per pelt? Like if I sell my pelt for the buck vest, will I still be able to buy other buck clothing even though there's no more legendary buck pelts (cuz he's already dead)

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You know, I'm not sure I like the dueling system in this game. I haven't gotten the hang of doing the soft press of the trigger and then a hard press to fire. It's also kinda hard to see the crosshair dot in this mode as well. I prefer the first game's Duel and Dead Eye modes where you could paint your target with a button press and then another press shoots.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am usually very in-attentive with open-world environments but so far I am having a lot more fun with this.

Spending a lot of time prepping for getting the mats to go Gator hunting.

I want to feed half the gang, especially, Micah, to these Gators, but I won't (doubt I even can) for obvious reasons. Lot of dummies. But hey... that's how RD1 happens so I ain't hatin'

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is a really good game but....I think its a step back from GTAV.

I really dig the character development and the dialogue, the graphics are crazy good, and I even enjoy hunting. It just takes itself really seriously and its definitely on the slow side. Thats how RDR1 was, though, and I feel like this is a worthy sequel to that. I think I just like the GTA series more.

People who like Breath of the Wild or Shadow of the Colossus are really going to dig the flow of this game. I'm mostly just playing it for the dialogue and the graphics.

Last edited:

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just started playing today. Not blown away by the game play yet, but I am still trying to figure it out. The graphics look amazing.

A ton of early questions...

Is there any point to upgrading your tent?

What is the point of clothes? Do they give you bonuses?

The controls are a bit infuriating. I have gone up to a bunch of strangers intending to chat about the morning weather when all of the sudden I am looking at a hole I just placed in their forehead with my sidearm.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is there any point to upgrading your tent?
Get access to better weapons and ammo. Or at least, much less convoluted ways to get ammo that you can use without having to deal with towns. That is semi-important because of bounty hunters, lawmen potentially, and you also get a fast travel map on your wagon; which is probably the payoff really.

What is the point of clothes? Do they give you bonuses?

They do effect how fast your health core drains depending on the weather. Wearing winter clothes in New Austin obviously will have consequences for instance. They're otherwise just for aesthetic.

The controls are a bit infuriating. I have gone up to a bunch of strangers intending to chat about the morning weather when all of the sudden I am looking at a hole I just placed in their forehead with my sidearm.

Yes, they're extremely clunky. It borders on the absurd I think.

Battlelyon

2021 Super Bowl Champions Rams
Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You know, I'm not sure I like the dueling system in this game. I haven't gotten the hang of doing the soft press of the trigger and then a hard press to fire. It's also kinda hard to see the crosshair dot in this mode as well. I prefer the first game's Duel and Dead Eye modes where you could paint your target with a button press and then another press shoots.

Yeah, I feel the same.

Battlelyon

Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FINALLY got the bastard. I walked around forever, didn't get anything. Left and came back, nothing. Finally just camped overnight in the location and the thing finally spawned. So I think maybe it only appears in the mornings or that's when its most frequent.

Got another question though. When you sell the legendary pelts to the trapper, does it unlock all the outfits each pelt can get or are you limited to one item per pelt? Like if I sell my pelt for the buck vest, will I still be able to buy other buck clothing even though there's no more legendary buck pelts (cuz he's already dead)

I haven’t really bought anything from trapper, but definitely crafting trinkets from parts of legendary animals from the fences, I only wish their was more fences. Trinkets are stats increasing items. And good news about pelts, if you lose your legendary pelts, they will be automatically be delivered to the trapper in St.Denis.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So I was just jumped by a bunch of those varmant-licking O’Driscolls, but I got the better of them and not only took their good-for-nothing lives, but their cart for good measure.

Can I sell it?

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So I was just jumped by a bunch of those varmant-licking O’Driscolls, but I got the better of them and not only took their good-for-nothing lives, but their cart for good measure.

Can I sell it?

Yes. But I think you have to have progressed in the story far enough to where you've unlocked Fences

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes. But I think you have to have progressed in the story far enough to where you've unlocked Fences
Thanks. I am not that far yet. I have hunted the bear (but haven’t caught it yet) and beat the big dude in the fist fight. I think those are the only story quests I have completed so far.

I did shoot a random buck which turned out to be legendary, though. So I got that going for me...

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My thoughts after probably 4 games sessions...

Meh (at best).

The menus are clunky af. The map is nice, but not super helpful. There is no way to really understand which weapon to use. There is no damage indicator or anything like that. Is my revolver better than the repeater?

I get that leveling is more skill-based rather than player based, but I still don’t really know what skills can be upgraded, which skills HAVE been upgraded, or even what skills exist.

Too many random events. I will be riding my trusty steed in the wilderness when I accidentally bump into a passer-by. Next thing I know, I have two smoking holes in my chest and a big red “DEAD” appears on my screen.

During the quests, apparently there are sub tasks I am supposed to meet along the way, but they never tell me what those are. And when you are on a quest, everything else stops. You must finish that quest right away.

Movement is compleatly wonky. It basically took the movement mechanics from Assassins Creed and made them even more awkward.

On the positive side, it is absolutely beautiful. The attention to detail is amazing.

The map is huge, but there is a shit ton of nothing between all the somethings. By contrast, the FO4 map was huge as well, but it was pretty densely packed. You don’t have to trek for 30 minutes between doing something.

I will continue to play the game because I assume I will get more familiar with the movement mechanics and the menus will become better as I understand them, but right now, it isn’t doing a whole hell of a lot for me.

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is no way to really understand which weapon to use. There is no damage indicator or anything like that. Is my revolver better than the repeater?

Each weapon has a status bar that tells you everything you need to know, including damage. Also make sure you are cleaning your gun as those stats will go down when the gun is dirty.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks. I am not that far yet. I have hunted the bear (but haven’t caught it yet) and beat the big dude in the fist fight. I think those are the only story quests I have completed so far.

I did shoot a random buck which turned out to be legendary, though. So I got that going for me...

Ok, then yeah, you haven't gotten that far yet but it should be close. It's the mission where Hosea asks you to go to Emerald Ranch. Complete that and it'll unlock the Fences.

Battlelyon

Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Supposedly, fences are suppose to unlock until you do a certain main mission. I had one open up before that mission.

Battlelyon

Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The map is huge, but there is a shit ton of nothing between all the somethings. By contrast, the FO4 map was huge as well, but it was pretty densely packed. You don’t have to trek for 30 minutes between doing something.

Somewhat, sometimes it depends on what time you are in certain place for a side quest to start. It like real life, every npc goes about their business not always staying in the same place.

night

Undocumented PhD
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Each outfit requires more than just the bear pelt for instance. I sold the bear to the trapper and I only had enough materials for him to make the hat for me.

Battlelyon

Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is a lot of stuff to uncover, up north there is a place called the Loft. Looks like no one lives there, good amount of supplies and ammo, not to mention provides the best few in the game. In the Grizzlies I found an mountain climber camping spot and nearby with some climbing from there I found a nest with some rare gems in the game, I never seen before.

Anybody else get the white Arabian Horse?