• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

RB Raheem Mostert requests trade from 49ers

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Gotta be careful doing that, because then other players might start complaining with 2 or more years left of there contracts... Pete Carroll refuses to negotiate with any player with 2 or more years left, they can sit out and cry all they want... He draws the line there, once they’re on the final year of there deal he’s open to it...

I agree but Mostert was in a weird spot because when he signed his deal it was more as a Special Teamer not as a RB. They just gave him a rich STer contract because he's really good on special teams and he was going to see the field somewhat at RB.

Now that his role shifted more to the RB end than the STer end from my understanding it's the same contract just fluffed up with more incentives to reflect the change in role.

So I consider the situation more of an outlier than something that will be the norm.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree but Mostert was in a weird spot because when he signed his deal it was more as a Special Teamer not as a RB. They just gave him a rich STer contract because he's really good on special teams and he was going to see the field somewhat at RB.

Now that his role shifted more to the RB end than the STer end from my understanding it's the same contract just fluffed up with more incentives to reflect the change in role.

So I consider the situation more of an outlier than something that will be the norm.

Yeah, it's not every day that a special teams player emerges as a big time playmaker on your offense. I know RB's have been devalued in the NFL, but it's not like the Niners are giving him crazy money. His acceleration is one of the best in the league, and his top end speed is very good, too. The raise is incentive-based, so everyone wins if he proves to be one of the most explosive ball carriers again this season.