• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Ravens release drunken Bernard Peirce

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Follow me son, I'll teach you something !!

I know you are smart enough to know I wasn't promoting either, but just pointing out that if an NFL player was being cut for the DUI, they would have to be for the cell phone violation too, as 1 is as dangerous as the other...
But with the note that when there was no accident on either, it's horse honkey.....

I can agree somewhat with that. Both are bad decisions and maybe not worth getting cut over. Obviously in our country we do view one as worse than the other by just looking at the penalties put out for both. I do think though that as time goes on the penalties for getting caught using your cell phone will begin to equal out as more data comes out of the dangers.

I'm one I honestly wouldn't mind if a player was cut for either one. When two of the Broncos FO people were arrested for DUI they didn't completely panic in the situation and I thought they handled it well. They didn't fire them right away but they did give them some time away from the job so that they could go seek help. I think this probably would have been the better course of action for the Ravens in making Pierce go seek help with alcohol as it shows the team really does care about the player making this mistake but also shows they are willing to work with the player and the league to make sure this player gets the best help and actually corrects the mistake.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
talking on the cell phone is not dangerous for most people. Typing and reading a smart-phone is driving blind.
Driving under the influence is far worse. If you are going to use an analogy, eating while driving can be a hazard too.
What about smokers. They lose all concentration when lighting up, then totally tune out the world while getting their nicotine fix.
How about that girl sitting next to you, rubbing that spot behind your ear? Can't drive at all!

The guy was drunk driving and the reason he got caught on St. Patty's day was because he does it all the time and does not have a regular ride to call. He broke the law and is not very good. Why should they carry him?
If I lose my license, go to jail, and get suspended, my employer will dump me - and rightfully so!

Oldschool739

It's my Country, Flag, Bible, Gun. Don't try it !
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can agree somewhat with that. Both are bad decisions and maybe not worth getting cut over. Obviously in our country we do view one as worse than the other by just looking at the penalties put out for both. I do think though that as time goes on the penalties for getting caught using your cell phone will begin to equal out as more data comes out of the dangers.

I'm one I honestly wouldn't mind if a player was cut for either one. When two of the Broncos FO people were arrested for DUI they didn't completely panic in the situation and I thought they handled it well. They didn't fire them right away but they did give them some time away from the job so that they could go seek help. I think this probably would have been the better course of action for the Ravens in making Pierce go seek help with alcohol as it shows the team really does care about the player making this mistake but also shows they are willing to work with the player and the league to make sure this player gets the best help and actually corrects the mistake.

:agree: totally with that.....And I understand he was not playing up to par and we really don't need him, but that was cold !! IMO

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:agree: totally with that.....And I understand he was not playing up to par and we really don't need him, but that was cold !! IMO
Cold? IMO you don't get stupid when you are dispensable.
If you don't want to get eaten - don't act like food!

Oldschool739

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cold? IMO you don't get stupid when you are dispensable.
If you don't want to get eaten - don't act like food!

Well Cass finally cleared it all up, I'm ok with the truth, can't stand a facade ......

PHOENIX -- Team president Dick Cass said the Baltimore Ravens don't have a zero-tolerance policy, even though the team released three players this offseason soon after their arrests.

"We have to look at each case individually," Cass told ESPN.com at the NFL owners meetings Monday. "We look at a number of factors and make a decision based on those factors. It's not a zero-tolerance policy at all. We're still going to be willing to take second chances on people if they deserve it. I think it's a mischaracterization to say it's a zero-tolerance policy."

Of course that really means; if they are needed bad enough, but at least more honest than before !!

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well Cass finally cleared it all up, I'm ok with the truth, can't stand a facade ......

PHOENIX -- Team president Dick Cass said the Baltimore Ravens don't have a zero-tolerance policy, even though the team released three players this offseason soon after their arrests.

"We have to look at each case individually," Cass told ESPN.com at the NFL owners meetings Monday. "We look at a number of factors and make a decision based on those factors. It's not a zero-tolerance policy at all. We're still going to be willing to take second chances on people if they deserve it. I think it's a mischaracterization to say it's a zero-tolerance policy."

Of course that really means; if they are needed bad enough, but at least more honest than before !!
check.....

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yea but it didnt go well with the other drugs he took with that one beer
I knew there was something else about this story.

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is the right of the team though. I have never had a DUI in my life but I can about guarantee that if I got one my job would fire me the next day as well. See this is what a company has to weigh...the bottom line.

What line of work are you in ? Obviously the Ravens can cut pretty much whomever they want for whatever reason. But getting fired for a DUI is pretty rare unless you're on the clock at the time or there is jail time. I can guarantee that for most people, their employer wouldn't even know about a 1st time, no accident, DUI much less fire a person for it.

Last edited:

Oldschool739

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What line of work are you in ? Obviously the Ravens can cut pretty much whomever they want for whatever reason. But getting fired for a DUI is pretty rare unless you're on the clock at the time or there is jail time. I can guarantee that for most people, their employer wouldn't even know about a 1st time, no accident, DUI much less fire a person for it.

Word.jpg

Oldschool739

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last time I fired a guy for a DUI he had a friend call me for bail money. I liked the kid.
I gave him the bail money and fired him.

You should have at least worked him until you got the bail money back...That's bad biz.:lol:

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not realy, the kid was a good employee in a lot of ways. The problem was, I liked the kid. I wanted him to learn from this.....