• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Raul Ibanez to the Angels

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Happy for him honestly.

By going to LA he can DH and will get more playing time. There was no spot for him in Seattle. He is a class act and I wish him nothing but the best with the Angels.

The guy certainly is quite the iron man. I still remember back when I thought the Phillies were stupid to give him a deal that signed him from ages 37 to 39.

Hope he does well with the Angels!

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Same here.

Hope we sign him for his last season. Been watching him play since his time in Tacoma.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Same here.

Hope we sign him for his last season. Been watching him play since his time in Tacoma.

As nice as that would be for him to finish his career in Seattle, I really hope that we are not in a position where we would have a need to sign him.

I love him as a player but if a 43 year old Raul Ibanez is our DH next year we are in deep trouble.

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I doubt the M's will "need" him again. Giving him a near league minimum in what he knows to be his final year to be a utility outfielder/dh/pinch hitter wouldn't bother me, though.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I doubt the M's will "need" him again. Giving him a near league minimum in what he knows to be his final year to be a utility outfielder/dh/pinch hitter wouldn't bother me, though.

Depends what the roster is looking like. I would prefer anyone on the bench to at least have some sort of defensive value, which Raul has none of.

dude82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm sure that his role with the Angels will be similar to what his role with the Mariners was supposed to be before injuries and ineffectiveness, combined with his power display in that early limited role, forced him into a more prominent role than he probably expected. I hope he decides to go into coaching one day after his playing career is over. I think he'd be good at it, particularly at the minor league level or with a young major league team.

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Depends what the roster is looking like. I would prefer anyone on the bench to at least have some sort of defensive value, which Raul has none of.

That would have been a good argument for outright eliminating him from the roster last year, then. He was supposed to be coming in exactly for that, and due to the catastrophes with the roster, ended up becoming an everyday player.

Your argument would work for Griffey for the vast majority of his time here in 2009-10 as well.

I'm sure Raul will retire as a Mariner no matter what, and that's what's most important, I guess.

Thisnamewasntaken

Formerly from ESPN
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wish him the best in health but I sure as hell don't want him to be productive for them at all. I mean we're talking about a team I hate more than the Yankees. My hate for the Angels goes deeper than it does for even the 49ers.