• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Rapoport: Anthony Dixon on the trading block

badazzk9

Key Master
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Personally Id get rid of Lamicheal James and Kyle Williams before I get rid of Dixon.. He's really grown on me this year.

BloodType49

FT Bragg NC, aka the center of the universe.
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,210.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Save the Boobie!!!

images

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
what about Dixon and Williams and a 3rd for Gordon from the browns. Lets get it done.

Kinzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Personally Id get rid of Lamicheal James and Kyle Williams before I get rid of Dixon.. He's really grown on me this year.

Problem is both of them along with Dixon might just not have any value. I'd want at least a 4th for Williams which I doubt anyone would give up. At least a 2nd for James to equal his draft value from a year ago, and 5th for Dixon. I don't see us getting those from anyone and anything less is not enough. They are to valuable to our team to just give away.

imac_21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Problem is both of them along with Dixon might just not have any value. I'd want at least a 4th for Williams which I doubt anyone would give up. At least a 2nd for James to equal his draft value from a year ago, and 5th for Dixon. I don't see us getting those from anyone and anything less is not enough. They are to valuable to our team to just give away.

You're badly overvaluing all of them, particularly James.

But we have to remove 6 guys from the roster in the next few weeks. If the choice is cut a player or trade a player, I'd rather make the trade, even if its for a 7th.

Kinzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

But we have to remove 6 guys from the roster in the next few weeks. If the choice is cut a player or trade a player, I'd rather make the trade, even if its for a 7th.

I'd say you are undervaluing him. He played well last year when he finally got playing time. You can't just assume that he has nothing to offer simply because he is inactive each week. He is inactive because they don't need him right now. Their is no point to keeping James and Hunter on the active roster when only 1 of them is going to get any carries.

I'd consider a 3rd round ok value for him, but I'd also take a 3rd for Hunter. There is no reason to just give away either of them. Dixon is the one you would want to get rid of but who would actually trade for him? He is not a very good running back and teams don't typically make trades for special team players.

Williams though I guess take what you can get. Again though he is just not very good. They might could fleece a team for a 6th. I guess you're right though might as well get what you can get rather than have to release anyone. I still would not move Hunter or James though unless the offer was right. They are still both on very manageable rookie contracts. Hunter only has 1 more year on his deal though so the 49ers do have to decide if they are going to pay him or not probably during the offseason.

badazzk9

Key Master
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

:wtf:

-AC-

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Nnamdi and Baldwin are on the trading block as well...

(sorry if it has been posted already and I missed it)

badazzk9

Key Master
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How many and what players are on the trading block? Is this posted anywhere?

shouldakepowens

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Manningham, Tank, Aldon, Wright, Crabtree? An i missing someone?

whysies

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Moody eventually ends up on normal IR (assuming that is possible, not sure of the details behind designated to return IR). As of right now it does not look like we need him for ILB depth or special teams.

Smalls

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Nnamdi and Baldwin are on the trading block as well...

(sorry if it has been posted already and I missed it)

Where did this come from? I haven't seen/heard anything aside from Dixon.

shouldakepowens

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Moody eventually ends up on normal IR (assuming that is possible, not sure of the details behind designated to return IR). As of right now it does not look like we need him for ILB depth or special teams.

Maybe depends on if someone is dumb enough to trade for Dixon

shouldakepowens

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Rvnight18

True story
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
The Browns and 49ers have been among the most active clubs leading up the deadline, sources said. The 49ers have shopped guys near the bottom of their roster, like Baldwin and Nnamdi Asomugha, according to league sources.

That's awesome I'm still hoping like hell we get Gordon

Me too. Living near Toledo, Ohio, I get the pleasure of watching the Browns play all the time. Gordon needs to grow up big time, but MAN the kid has talent. You can't teach his abilities, and imagine what he could do with a QB that isn't you know,
:ss: