• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Rants and Raves- Week 3

VT_Football_Fan

Be strong.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Alright boys and girls, here are your rants and raves about everything VT related for week 3. Feel free to agree, disagree, or tell me to piss off if you want. :blah:

RANTS
1. Logan Thomas- Frankly, I haven't been impressed. After the App State game I thought we had a QB that could take this team to a BCS game, honestly I did. But after watching the past two weeks, I see how unlikely it is. I will cut Logan some slack, he has made nice plays. But the past two weeks I've almost passed out by holding my breath and watching him throw it into, double, even triple coverage and hope Danny Coale (see Rave 1) makes a play on it. And these were against pretty bad Ds...
2. Marcus Davis' hands-If he didn't have so many drops he would probably lead the ACC in receptions. Seems he always does when he is wide open too for an easy TD.
3. The Future ACC-Pitt and especially Syracuse bring what exactly? Get me out of the ACC. Its a sinking ship football wise. The FSU fans were right to boo the announcement when it came on at the game.
4. 4th Down Play Calling- When you have one yard to go and a QB that is 6'5 250lbs, pretty sure he can get a yard just by bulldozing. It reminds me back in the day when we would put Boone behind center on 4th and 1 and run a shotgun play action pass. WTF.
5. The Wave- ..... :doh:
6. Our punting- How bad was that first shank? God awful. The second one was better but still, I miss Brent Bowden. Also, not cool to boo the kid when he shanked it. Yea I know, it was ugly, but still hes on our team.

RAVES

1. Danny Coale- Not sure if we have ever had such an underrated WR. He is always open and even when hes not, he will make a spectacular play. Hell if I were a D cord right now I'd be targeting him more than Boykin at the moment.
2. Jayron Hosley-Is there a better DB in the country? I think not. Kudos to Kyle Fuller too for only getting burned once and making some nasty hits, but Hosleys pass break ups and INTs stole the DB show.
3. The Current ACC-Only Maryland and FSU lost so the ACC gained some, all be it small, respect. FSU did play the #1 team close and Maryland was the dog as they should have been. Miami and Auburn got the upset too so that should help our SOS.
4. James Gayle-Kid is a beast. He will be a force in ACC play and to think we could have him for 2 more years makes me drool too. Sack Machine. And hes super cool. Hung out with him and some friends at #5 rave...
5. Hokkaido Buffet- $6.99 for an all you can eat Chinese Buffet that actually tastes good?! "Those don't exist" you might say. But I, VT_Football_Fan, approve this message. Its damn good too.
6. David Wilson- To be blunt, kid is a workhorse. He shows enormous heart and determination. I hope someone else saw him drag the Ark State defender ala Ryan Williams.
7. DJ Coles- Good to see him finally breaking throw. Hell of a run by a hell of an athlete. Could be our #1 next year and I liked what I saw.

Thats all for now. Again feel free to add, critique, or insult me, IDGAF. :finger:

ckhokie

Supporting Member Level 69
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
3. The Future ACC-Pitt and especially Syracuse bring what exactly? Get me out of the ACC. Its a sinking ship football wise. The FSU fans were right to boo the announcement when it came on at the game.

Bingo.

5. Hokkaido Buffet- $6.99 for an all you can eat Chinese Buffet that actually tastes good?! "Those don't exist" you might say. But I, VT_Football_Fan, approve this message. Its damn good too.

Double bingo. The same family that owns China Kitchen (north main next to food dog) - which is the best chinese in blacksburg, also owns hokkaido

Taz_Hokie

Ut Prosim
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
6. Our punting- How bad was that first shank? God awful. The second one was better but still, I miss Brent Bowden. Also, not cool to boo the kid when he shanked it. Yea I know, it was ugly, but still hes on our team.

I didn't boo, but I definitely let forth an audible groan.

Also, I know it was in mop up, but Zack McCray was all over the place when he came in. I heard his name called out a lot towards the end.

NickVT10

annnnnnnd its gone
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We need to mix it up at punter and give either the freshman or DC a chance. 30yard punts will KILL us in ACC play.

Chrish1023

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hokkaido Buffet. Place has got everything you need at a chinese place AND sushi. for dirt cheap too

jermadams

HOKIES!!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
hopefully we'll have Marcus Davis back too....with the drops i say we will....i'll take Davis, Dyrell Roberts and DJ coles next year!

hunzworth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Hokkaido Buffet. Place has got everything you need at a chinese place AND sushi. for dirt cheap too

Is this the place in C-burg out toward 81? if so yeah great food, better price, but the atmosphere in that place is weird, i feel like im eating in a funeral home:noidea:

agree with VT_football on the wave.

VT_Football_Fan

Be strong.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nah Hokkaido is in Blacksburg near the ABC store. Hit it up 46 and let us know if its the same. Although I think this is local owned.

HokieGhost

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I think Coach is doing everything he can to save the freshman punter, Branthover, for next year....he was supposed to be a greyshirt this Fall and start his scholarship clock in Jan 2012. But Demler is killing me...that first punt against Arkansas State was horrible.

vtnuclearhokie

Pronounced Nuke-u-ler
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is a Hokkaido here in Pittsburgh. You guys are saying I should go?

Yeah I do not think the two are the same. The one in Pittsburgh is a lot fancier and probably a lot pricier, though I have heard good things about it.

hokiehi21

DC sports are cursed
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rave: Michael Via. What a team player. I'm pretty sure he could play every position on the OL. Sounds like he had a good game at right guard.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rave - VT_Football_Fan calling out the wave.

Rant - That there aren't enough people ranting about the wave.

The wave should only be legal if the team is up 21+ points AND it's the 4th quarter. Aside from that, the wave should remain in baseball stadiums. but i will never partake in the wave.

Edit: i am not aware of when said wave took place, i did not notice it on ESPN3's 'high quality' stream

VT_Football_Fan

Be strong.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks awaz. There were a couple waves but one that bugged me was when it was the 3rd quarter and we had the ball within their 40. Nobody was paying attention.

Chrish1023

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You guys have it all wrong. While the wave is a nuisance, what should be outlawed is the fucking paper airplane throwing. I read an article in the collegiate times about how it's becoming the "next great tradition" and I nearly got sick. All it does is distract people from cheering, and increase the likelihood that students will no longer be able to print their tickets from home. Blows my mind that college students actually think it's fun.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not surprising. I haven't been gone all that long, but I must say, the students there now are pretty stupid. Maybe I just got old fast and can't relate. Hmm, I should just go sit in the West stands...