• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Ranking the young QBs

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm much more interested by the Dalton love. He's having his best season for sure, but we're still talking about a guy with 0 career playoff wins and quite a few terrible individual performances on the way to earning those 0 wins. Again, it sorta hits me sideways that the Wilson detractors cited the quality of his team as a mark against him in discussions like this, yet now Cam Newton and Andy Dalton seem to have leapfrogged RW in the eyes of many. I guess at least in the case of Dalton, there are actually some numbers you can use to make the argument at least for 2016. That gap sure has closed these last couple weeks though.

Prisoners of the moment.

dcZONAfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Luck wasn't the best even when it was between Luck, Wilson and RG3. He's had some nice passing yardage and last year he threw a bunch of TDs. That's it. He still throws a ton of picks and his QB rating and completion percent is very low. I think he's going to great things eventually, but right now the Luck love train is derailed.
Wow you're so dumb it's not even funny

dkmightyhammer

Livin' la vida loca
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow you're so dumb it's not even funny

Show me where Luck was better than Wilson and RG3 his first year. It was all hype. He had a decent enough rookie year I suppose but he was 3rd of that group. Even the so called "experts" gave ROY to RG3 over Luck.

Luck's had one good passing/TD year but still had lots of interceptions to go with it, and this year he was abysmal even before getting hurt. Luck has largely lived off reputation and excuses that people make for him.

Jakology

I don't give a fuck
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,125.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Over the last 3 games, Cam has completed 68.4% of his passes. 6 TDs 0 INTs.

dkmightyhammer

Livin' la vida loca
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While I definitely wouldn't put him at the top anymore he still has to be top-3 in my opinion. The kid has all the talent in the world and had one of the better QB seasons of the year just this past year where he played like a top-5 QB. Now while yes he has made a ton of stupid decisions I would say you have to look at the full picture around him though. His OL is just down right terrible, the play calls were much different for him compared to their back up. They wanted to go deep almost every play and well with that OL it just was not going to work. Injuries obviously have to be factored in too of we just don't know how much he has been hurting most of the year. Then to speak to the internal problems between coaches and FO people. I'm at least willing to give him a pass on this season and see how he bounces back before I move him too far down my list.

Thats the thing with Luck that I find so weird. People (not saying you) will go out their way to give every excuse in the book why Luck has bad games and they'd never accept those same reasons for other QBs.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thats the thing with Luck that I find so weird. People (not saying you) will go out their way to give every excuse in the book why Luck has bad games and they'd never accept those same reasons for other QBs.

Carefull dkmighthammer, your goning to upset those Luck nut huggers.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Over the last 3 games, Cam has completed 68.4% of his passes. 6 TDs 0 INTs.
That's pretty good. Not as good as Russell Wilson's 76% and 11 TDs to 0 INT, but still pretty good.

Great Dayne

I was right even if you believe I was wrong
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1.) Dangeruss
2.) Cam
3.) Luck
4.) Dalton

5.) Carr???

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's an Indy thing. You can't explain it. Manning never did anything wrong during his time there. It was always someone else's fault. Now I give credit to PM. He'd take the blame for his mistakes, it was the media, fans and even coaches that had excuse after excuse. Even Polian getting the contacting a WR rule changed IOT help his Pro Bowl receivers, TE and RB.
As far as ranking tge young QBs I currently have Luck #5 no higher than that.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's an Indy thing. You can't explain it. Manning never did anything wrong during his time there. It was always someone else's fault. Now I give credit to PM. He'd take the blame for his mistakes, it was the media, fans and even coaches that had excuse after excuse. Even Polian getting the contacting a WR rule changed IOT help his Pro Bowl receivers, TE and RB.
As far as ranking tge young QBs I currently have Luck #5 no higher than that.
yet you dont post anyone above or below him, just a random number,

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd go...

1. Cam Newton
2. Andy Dalton
3. Russell Wilson
4. Andrew Luck
5. Derek Carr
6. Blake Bortles
7. Teddy Bridgewater
8. Ryan Tannehil
9. Tyrod Taylor
10. Jameis Winston

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Luck #1.

Don't care much about the rest

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why should I change my belief?

Well he has been pretty bad when he has played this year. This was the year everyone thought he would progress to the next level. Heck lots of people listed him as a Top 2 or 3 QB in the league before the season started. Instead he regressed dramatically.

DunceKaep

Trolling 45, it's EASY.
Hoopla Cash
$ 663.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why should I change my belief?

Serious? I once thought Robert Griffin III was a pretty good QB. I have since changed my belief!
Things change. It's pretty easy.

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well he has been pretty bad when he has played this year. This was the year everyone thought he would progress to the next level. Heck lots of people listed him as a Top 2 or 3 QB in the league before the season started. Instead he regressed dramatically.

Yeah...injuries have nothing to do with it huh?

It is quite ironic the Seahawk response I get after I post 'Luck' multiple times in this thread.