• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Ranking the young QBs

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah...injuries have nothing to do with it huh?

It is quite ironic the Seahawk response I get after I post 'Luck' multiple times in this thread.

I'm fine with you picking whomever you want.

I just find it that you have such a slavish devotion to the guy and you always have. I get why you don't like Wilson. But there are other QBs you could talk about.

Regardless of the injuries, Luck was bad this year. 30th in passer rating. Of course with Andrew Luck, passer rating doesn't matter.

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm fine with you picking whomever you want.

I just find it that you have such a slavish devotion to the guy and you always have. I get why you don't like Wilson. But there are other QBs you could talk about.

Your own thread is to suggest who is the best young QB. Why would I need to flow with the wind and pick a different guy? Luck has, is, and will always be the best guy until I believe otherwise....and most GM's would agree with me.

Or are you simply pissed off because I don't pick Webster....which I can easily conclude given the constant whining from Seahawk fans after every post stating 'Luck.'

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Excuse for what?

SMH.....you made an assumption that I couldn't discern QB play on the field as I 'discredit' Wilson by falsely stating that I believed Kaepernick was good. When I stated outright that Kaepernick wasn't good....you shrug your shoulders as to not knowing what's going on?

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
SMH.....you made an assumption that I couldn't discern QB play on the field as I 'discredit' Wilson by falsely stating that I believed Kaepernick was good. When I stated outright that Kaepernick wasn't good....you shrug your shoulders as to not knowing what's going on?

It was a guess, you being a 49er fan, saying Kaep isn't good now isn't what counts, what did you say about him in his break out year, when he replaced Smith?

As for Luck, dude has skills, but the Colts haven't really developed them. He could end up being the next David Carr. Real shame.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your own thread is to suggest who is the best young QB. Why would I need to flow with the wind and pick a different guy? Luck has, is, and will always be the best guy until I believe otherwise....and most GM's would agree with me.

Lots of people were picking Luck. No question about that. It's fine that you still support Luck. You just don't seem to offer much in the way of reasoning or even a shade of uncertainty. It's Luck and then everyone else and you don't seem to care what actually happens.

Or are you simply pissed off because I don't pick Webster....which I can easily conclude given the constant whining from Seahawk fans after every post stating 'Luck.'

I am very much aware of your views on Russell Wilson. You made them clear and at KFFL. That's fine with me.

I just get a kick of guys like you and eaglesnut who seem to be doubling down on Luck.

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was a guess, you being a 49er fan, saying Kaep isn't good now isn't what counts, what did you say about him in his break out year, when he replaced Smith?.

I said it was needed, because I knew the limitations of Alex Smith. I even stated that I didn't care if Kaepernick flamed out, because a change was needed just to see.... a 'what if.' It didn't work out, and even while Smith looks better in KC, it was still the right choice to make.

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just get a kick of guys like you and eaglesnut who seem to be doubling down on Luck.

You're getting a kick outta what? A year where Luck is injured, and really nothing more, so now you get to play the game of 'gotcha?' I expect little more coming from a Seahawks fan, much like the rest who love to respond whenever I post 'Luck' and out comes the general insecurity posts.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I said it was needed, because I knew the limitations of Alex Smith. I even stated that I didn't care if Kaepernick flamed out, because a change was needed just to see.... a 'what if.' It didn't work out, and even while Smith looks better in KC, it was still the right choice to make.

Do you really feel Luck can succeed in Ind ? The organization seems to be a cluster fuck IMO.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're getting a kick outta what? A year where Luck is injured, and really nothing more, so now you get to play the game of 'gotcha?' I expect little more coming from a Seahawks fan, much like the rest who love to respond whenever I post 'Luck' and out comes the general insecurity posts.
what about the year before

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So the right choice was to take the bust?:scratch:

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you really feel Luck can succeed in Ind ? The organization seems to be a cluster fuck IMO.

He most certainly can succeed mentally. The Colts were calling a totally different game when Hasselbeck was at the controls - 3 step and chuck. With Luck, they were doing 5-7 step drops which made little sense given the terrible O-line. The point is, the current coaching staff was literally sending Luck out there to be destroyed, while hoping he could survive. He is obviously over the mental aspect of taking an asskicking....the only thing remaining is whether his body can hold up.

If that is your question, regarding whether he can withstand the physical beaing, then I don't know.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He most certainly can succeed mentally. The Colts were calling a totally different game when Hasselbeck was at the controls - 3 step and chuck. With Luck, they were doing 5-7 step drops which made little sense given the terrible O-line. The point is, the current coaching staff was literally sending Luck out there to be destroyed, while hoping he could survive. He is obviously over the mental aspect of taking an asskicking....the only thing remaining is whether his body can hold up.

If that is your question, regarding whether he can withstand the physical beaing, then I don't know.
sounds like excuses, liek they make for the 49'ers ex qb

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think he's doomed to fail. Another coaching change looms, maybe another GM ( which should happen ) this is going to be on going. Luck isn't very lucky.

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So the right choice was to take the bust?:scratch:

The right choice was to find out if you have an 8 to 10 outta 10 rather than relying on a 5/6 outta 10. Even if it means you end up with a 4 out of 10.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The right choice was to find out if you have an 8 to 10 outta 10 rather than relying on a 5/6 outta 10. Even if it means you end up with a 4 out of 10.
Mmmm didn't work out. Smith 6-7 Kaep 3-5 as it turns out.

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mmmm didn't work out. Smith 6-7 Kaep 3-5 as it turns out.

Yeah...I know that. It didn't work out. My point is if you don't try.....

Smith was never gonna lead SF to a title, so why just rely and 'hope?' Take a shot with Kaepernick and see...in the end, it didn't work.

On to the next....