• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Ranking the SEC

Mistaken4193

REGISTERED GUMP!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 142.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bama has got problems this year. We are a 3 or 4 loss team without Tua

Rolltide94

Hoopla Cash
$ 119.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
UNC doesn't have a 340lb first round road grader on their roster but they were able to rush for more yards than y'all against the coots.

Yup, they also rushed twice as many times and scored half as many points.

I'll worry about that about the same time you worry that Lamar rushed for more yards against Texas A&M than you did...or that Myles Wanza rushed for as many yards as Travis Etienne against AtM on half the carries...or some other useless stat you care to dig up.

Kaplony

Be afraid.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'll worry about that about the same time you worry that Lamar rushed for more yards against Texas A&M than you did...or that Myles Wanza rushed for as many yards as Travis Etienne against AtM on half the carries...or some other useless stat you care to dig up.

Did Lamar beat Texas A&M? I'm pretty sure we did beat them.

I'm sorry that your team proved to be mortal when they faced some real competition for the first time since they faced Clemson.

BTHOtu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Lamar has one good run during garbage time.

BadMotoWeazal

Got Dirt?
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lots of football to play before LSD makes it over to Tuscaloosa in November. I'm sure both teams, if healthy will have almost everything worked out on either side of the ball by game day.

I enjoyed yesterdays game in SC. It was good to see Bama have to work through some things on defense. Really young at D. Good experience & if we stay healthy that D could get us into the SEC championship game with or without Tua.

pachyderm

kick assery king
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's hard for me to fear an LSU team whose top running back gets 42 yards on 12 carries against Northwestern State....and whose 2nd leading rusher was the QB, who is not exactly know for his golden legs.

ANd FLA is probably better than any of us want to admit.

Diego Roll Tide

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, we get a 340lb first round road grader back after next week and can shuffle our offensive line back to where people should be playing...what's LSWho gonna do...

I hope Brown is the answer. The holes have been spotty, and the backs often refuse to go north and south.

That said, the lack of running yesterday was a function of SCar not being able to cover the receivers. Sark really had no choice but to take those shots.

Diego Roll Tide

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
UNC doesn't have a 340lb first round road grader on their roster but they were able to rush for more yards than y'all against the coots.

Our running game has been way below standard for several reasons. Getting Brown back can’t hurt, but it’s on the backs to recognize when they just need to plow for a yard or 2 instead of trying to do something spectacular and turn outside.

Rolltide94

Hoopla Cash
$ 119.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did Lamar beat Texas A&M? I'm pretty sure we did beat them.

I'm sorry that your team proved to be mortal when they faced some real competition for the first time since they faced Clemson.

You're just salty cause your QB waited til his Sophomore year to look like a Freshman QB. He better quit relying on his superior receivers to snag the 50/50 ball sometime before the playoffs.

LawDawg

Sic 'em Dawgs ... woof!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea, the fact that LSU doesn’t have a running back that is a real threat being the reason a Bama fan isn’t concerned (to be blunt) is stupid as hell. LSU has tried to run the ball at Bama for 8 straight years and hasn’t really come close to winning. So regardless whether or not the RB statement is true, it is a bad take.
Ideally, you want both. Going from being one dimensional run to one dimensional pass isn't the answer. You have good RBs, what the heck is going on? Is it the OL? Or, is it "go with what's working?" Hard to believe the team that ran all over us last year would suddenly forget how to run the ball.

ktg8trgrl

Go Gators!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,351.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I watched the whole game. You are saying you liked what you saw? Against Kentucky?
Im saying that if you watched it.. Kentucky isn't half as bad as people think because they are Kentucky.. stoops is getting them competitive.. while I was not thrilled with our play for 3/4 of that game.. they arent as bad as they used to be..

pachyderm

kick assery king
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I watched the whole game. You are saying you liked what you saw? Against Kentucky?

Kentucky's program has slowly, but surely, gotten better over the past few years.

And you've really made my point for me.

Even if KY were/are crap FLA is still better than you think.

Don't let that game be your yardstick.

LawDawg

Sic 'em Dawgs ... woof!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im saying that if you watched it.. Kentucky isn't half as bad as people think because they are Kentucky.. stoops is getting them competitive.. while I was not thrilled with our play for 3/4 of that game.. they arent as bad as they used to be..
With all due respect, when I read a post like this from a long time Gator fan, and Florida Football actually posts the video below, I worry that the last decade has caused you all to set the bar rather low.

It's Kentucky football. They are a basketball school. You were playing their backup QB. You beat them 31 straight years in a row. They are jinxed against you beyond belief. They still are Kentucky.

LawDawg

Sic 'em Dawgs ... woof!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kentucky's program has slowly, but surely, gotten better over the past few years.

And you've really made my point for me.

Even if KY were/are crap FLA is still better than you think.

Don't let that game be your yardstick.
I grew up a Gator fan and have a ton of UF friends. They aren't happy, and certainly aren't trying to build up Ky to somehow justify your performance last night. Reminds me of some UGA fans who celebrated when we beat Ga Southern in OT a few years ago.

The game last night showed me that UF isn't anywhere near as good as their top 10 ranking. That's what it showed me.

ktg8trgrl

Go Gators!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,351.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With all due respect, when I read a post like this from a long time Gator fan, and Florida Football actually posts the video below, I worry that the last decade has caused you all to set the bar rather low.

It's Kentucky football. They are a basketball school. You were playing their backup QB. You beat them 31 straight years in a row. They are jinxed against you beyond belief. They still are Kentucky.
I disagree.. they are better... and they are playing us tougher every year.. it's one of their target games every year because of that streak..I don't think YOU understand.. our bar is still set at competing for a national championship.. we have had a few rough years since our last championship and it's not something you can fix over night and changing coaching staffs every couple of years doesn't help.. your looking through rivalry eyes.. not ours

pachyderm

kick assery king
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I grew up a Gator fan and have a ton of UF friends. They aren't happy, and certainly aren't trying to build up Ky to somehow justify your performance last night. Reminds me of some UGA fans who celebrated when we beat Ga Southern in OT a few years ago.

The game last night showed me that UF isn't anywhere near as good as their top 10 ranking. That's what it showed me.

Pfft.

No one past #3 in the nation is that good.

Let's face it, Clemson, 'Bama, and GA are clearly heads and shoulders above the rest.

FLA is still better than you think.

NO one said they were title contenders. ;)