• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Ranking the NFL teams triplets the Best QB, RB, and reciever each team has

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd rather have Kelce. Lots of receivers in the league as good as Maclin. Not many TEs as good as Kelce.

Mmmm....Not so sure I could agree with that......I cant think of a great receiver being more wasted than a great receiver playing with Alex Smith....What was it? 2 years without a TD pass to a wideout on that team?.....Kelce probably would and should look like an elite player with Alex Smith, and ANY receiver should look replaceable playing with Smith.....Just his lack of arm strength, style of play that will make guys like Vernon Davis look like HOF candidates.....

Think Maclin is viewed as one of the best in the game on a team where a QB can reach him

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mmmm....Not so sure I could agree with that......I cant think of a great receiver being more wasted than a great receiver playing with Alex Smith....What was it? 2 years without a TD pass to a wideout on that team?.....Kelce probably would and should look like an elite player with Alex Smith, and ANY receiver should look replaceable playing with Smith.....Just his lack of arm strength, style of play that will make guys like Vernon Davis look like HOF candidates.....

Think Maclin is viewed as one of the best in the game on a team where a QB can reach him

Maclin is being used a little differently in KC than he was in Philly. His catch rate is much higher, while his ypc is lower. That tells me that he runs a lot of screens, slants and other short routes, which works for Smith because, like you mentioned, he lacks arm strength. He's shifty and can get open underneath, unlike Bowe or Crabtree that box out defenders downfield. Basically, Maclin is the first WR that Smith has had that fits him very well. I just don't think he's all that rare, especially in comparison to a complete tight end.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's completely irrelevant. The guy made his list and included Elliott, not Bush or Spiller or AP. Who knows why he did it. And making a list of top 10 RBs and pretending it is a reflection on Elliott is silly . Why do people always try to compare completely different players based on things like where they were drafted??? I crack up at draft time when someone's reason for not taking a player is based on how someone else in a similar draft spot did.

Maybe he liked him in College or had a dream he'd be good? Who cares it's his opinion. GB is #2, I'm sure I can come up with a list of RBs that got heavy and were good and weren't good after. But none of those are Lacy. Of course it's a stretch to put Dallas there, but look at the rest of the league? If you don't count Bell there are no good trios without huge questions. It's an opinion piece. Post your list of 32 if you disagree. I think these lists are stupid but if I made one I'm keeping Bell in and putting Pitt at #1 and leaving the rest of the top 5 blank because none impress me that much. But Dallas is going to be on there pretty close to the top along with GB once I do start listing teams and that has nothing to do with being a Dallas fan and everything to do with being an NFL fan.

He's a sportswriter. He's offering opinions so people can talk about them, and disagree with them when they want to.

I don't much care who is ranked where. But I do criticism bizarre logic. Eliot wasn't the only difficult to justify player. He was just the first one I spotted because they were on top.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's a sportswriter. He's offering opinions so people can talk about them, and disagree with them when they want to.

I don't much care who is ranked where. But I do criticism bizarre logic. Eliot wasn't the only difficult to justify player. He was just the first one I spotted because they were on top.

justified

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This year? Ryan, Jones, Freeman. Not close. Not remotely close. 5800 combined yards. 40 TDS. It's a blowout.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This year? Ryan, Jones, Freeman. Not close. Not remotely close. 5800 combined yards. 40 TDS. It's a blowout.
you realize you are counting the passing yards to Jones twice with that line of thinking, right?
I don't think this is a pure stat discussion, but the Atlanta guys are certainly near the top of the list...

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I stopped reading after I saw Bortels, Ivory, Robinson at #8. How embarrassing.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you realize you are counting the passing yards to Jones twice with that line of thinking, right?
I don't think this is a pure stat discussion, but the Atlanta guys are certainly near the top of the list...
Yep I realize. I'm also counting Freemans receiving yards twice. Thus year it's not close. Overall there are certainly arguments to be made for others but not this year

J-Rod

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I said to myself there is no way they have us at #23, then I looked at the date published.

Money

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

When we think about other trios, can we give them 9 indoor games and a division with all below average defenses (2 of which are horrendous)? Can we also give that team a horrendous defense of it's own forcing that team to put up huge offensive numbers just to keep pace in games?

My money is on Roethlisberger, Brown and Bell. Are you seriously going to try and say that Ryan, Freeman and Jones are a better trio? If so, you have completely lost your mind.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When we think about other trios, can we give them 9 indoor games and a division with all below average defenses (2 of which are horrendous)? Can we also give that team a horrendous defense of it's own forcing that team to put up huge offensive numbers just to keep pace in games?

My money is on Roethlisberger, Brown and Bell. Are you seriously going to try and say that Ryan, Freeman and Jones are a better trio? If so, you have completely lost your mind.
Sure if you want. Plenty of indoor teams with bad defenses to go around

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I don't think there is any question that the Pitts trio is the best and by a lot and one years worth of stats in which they missed games isn't going to change my mind on that

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,955.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Id still take a healthy Ben, Brown, Bell over anyone.

edit - ninja'd

Money

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure if you want. Plenty of indoor teams with bad defenses to go around

Okay. Trios better than Ryan, Freeman and Jones (no question):

Roethlisberger, Brown, Bell
Brady, Blount, Gronkowski

Arguably:

Palmer, Johnson, Fitzgerald
Prescott, Elliot, Bryant

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Arguably:

Prescott, Elliot, Bryant
This year?? No. Historically I'll give you Ben, Bell and Brown but that's about it. Blountville Meh and Gronk is hurt too often. The other 2... Palmer is average, Johnson may be great someday but Fitz is pass his prime. I'd consider the Cowboys trio but Dez has been pretty pedestrian this year and I'll need to see it 1 more year from the other 2. I get what your saying on Atlanta but these guys have little it up on the road vs good teams too. Denver, Seattle, Oakland, Tampa are a combined 29-14-1 and Atlanta is 3-1 averaging 32 ppg vs them.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Arguably:

Prescott, Elliot, Bryant

Gronk doesn't play football

Money

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This year?? No. Historically I'll give you Ben, Bell and Brown but that's about it. Blountville Meh and Gronk is hurt too often. The other 2... Palmer is average, Johnson may be great someday but Fitz is pass his prime. I'd consider the Cowboys trio but Dez has been pretty pedestrian this year and I'll need to see it 1 more year from the other 2. I get what your saying on Atlanta but these guys have little it up on the road vs good teams too. Denver, Seattle, Oakland, Tampa are a combined 29-14-1 and Atlanta is 3-1 averaging 32 ppg vs them.

Are you hijacking the thread now? This was done prior to the season and is based on talent (and common sense).

Everyone knows the Atlanta trio is in a perfect situation to rack up stats.

Freakin Falcons' fans. Can't wait until playoff time and they are gone...

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Arguably:

Prescott, Elliot, Bryant
Just so you know. This year's road stats vs DENVER, OAKLAND, TAMPA, SEATTLE, PHILLY, NEW ORLEANS ( COMBINED 39-26-1 )

Ryan 6 games 1850 yards 14 TDS, 3 INT

Jones 5 games 34 receptions, 530 yards

Freeman 6 games 97 carries, 650 total yards of offense ( 490 rushing)

There's not a team in the league who has played a tougher road schedule and Atlanta is 4-2 and has lit people up in those games to 30+ ppg. So yeah they get home games inside but it's not like the stats are appreciably different at home

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are you hijacking the thread now? This was done prior to the season and is based on talent (and common sense).

Everyone knows the Atlanta trio is in a perfect situation to rack up stats.

Freakin Falcons' fans. Can't wait until playoff time and they are gone...
No. I'm saying that this year it's Ryan, Jones and Freeman and it's not close. Mostly because it's not close. Lol