• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Ranking all 124 head coaches

Brasky

Till We Can't Be Beat. WON'T. BE. BEAT.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BTW, all you VD, I mean VT, fans that want to come after me about their over rated coach, don't come at me about Nebraska and Bo. I am not a Bo fan anyway so that doesn't matter. Plus, this is about your trumped up coach that is a complete and total fraud.

deer_pop_corn_gif.gif

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
The Nation's Capital (where the news comes from)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't have time to delve into this tonight, but we can get back to it. Jed, I would first ask you what ten coaches (or a lot more than ten I guess) you would rank above Coach Beamer? What is your criteria?

I am not going to waste my time if this is just a flame attack by a troll. Prove yourself and your logic. You must be smart enough to understand the err of the stats that you posted. Therefore, make your case with real facts and assertions. I will respond tomorrow sometime.

MarkOU

License to Thrill
Hoopla Cash
$ 287.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Since '95 Beamer has only had 4 seasons with less than 10 wins. (7,9,8,8)
7 Conference titles to go along with that.

True his bowl success and wins against ranked teams are not there but ooh well.

Consistent winner and fills the trophy case. What more do you want from a coach? To win the big one once in a while I totally agree but come on, its VT. National Title expectations are just not there every year like other programs.

He should be top 10. He is a beacon of consistency in an inconsistent profession.

:thumb:

Blackshirt

Who is Mike Riley?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Going to agree with Jed here, I think beamer is overrated too.

Hes top 20, but not top 10. You at least have to have a ring and winning record against other top teams after being in the business that long.

Tomhusker

The Original Husker+ Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 271.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice to see Frankie get some props over at Ohio.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
hmmm, this is a tough one just taking a quick scan of their top 20.

There's only 2 outside of the Top 10 I'd absolutely put above him.

11. Bill Snyder - Brought K state out of the depths of CFB...retired...came back and has them competing. The guy does more with less. Imagine what he could do with Texas talent.
16. Mack Brown - Who actually has a crystal ball (ignoring the last 2 years of a young team and asst coaching changes)

I can't put Gundy ahead of him.

I really don't see anyone else outside the Top 10 I'd put above him. So I'd rank him 11 with just a quick glance. I like their style of football and their demeanor.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am on the road today so can't look this up but how many current coaches have National titles?

Saban, Miles, Chizik, Meyer, Stoops, Brown?

and Spurrier

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I liken the BiG 10 to the Pac 12

Other teams look good when Ohio St and Michigan are down.

In the Pac 12...Other teams look good when USC and Washington are down.

HokieGhost

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
First 8 seconds should do the trick

In your house, jedburks. Put it where the sun don't shine, if it can fit past your over-inflated head.

My apologies, Brasky....you have a nasty little whiny virus among the Husker faithful.

Last edited by a moderator:

NickVT10

annnnnnnd its gone
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Beamer took an awful program in the Big South conference and made them a national team. We have risen and stayed at the top of every conference we have moved to. Beamer built a program from the ground up and has been more consistent than any team in the country. We have come up just short the past few years in big games but that happens. Our record vs top teams is skewed as well because we were once the cupcakes on other powerhouses' schedules. The true credit to Beamer's coaching is the fact we have been beating teams that have superior talent for over a decade. Beamer and his staff are also arguably the best staff for developing players.

Once again, you have no business commenting on programs you really know nothing about.

NickVT10

annnnnnnd its gone
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Finally someone disagreeing with Jed, Im tired of this board alqays being sunshine and rainbows.

Come visit ours sometime. We have been finding our disagreements quite frequently lately. Cough FoozMatt Cough

757Hokie83

Captain Spaulding
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just because he has a fucked up growth on his neck doesn't mean we have to give him sympathy points and think he is a great coach.

All of the other Husker fans are not as classy as you want to believe.

clearly, you have zero class, and are not even worth the time/effort of arguing with

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In your house, jedburks. Put it where the sun don't shine, if it can fit past your over-inflated head.

My apologies, Brasky....you have a nasty little whiny virus among the Husker faithful.

Jed clearly stated in Post 18 not to come after him about Nebraska and Bo, but that is the first thing you did. Jed is not a homer so you're wasting your time and everyone elses with the we beat you schtick. He's not saying Bo is a Top 10 coach.
The topic is whether or not Beamer is a Top 10 Coach and Why or Why Not. Please stick to topic.
I will say Jed doesn't normally shoot from the hip in regards to CFB, so if he said it he can usually back it up.

Last edited by a moderator:

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
The Nation's Capital (where the news comes from)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So seven with National Titles. I think Beamer is right there in that next group and higher than Chizik. Beamer, Kelly, Snyder etc. are that next group of guys.

Btw, nobody has a very good record against top 5 and top 10 teams because usually you are the underdog because....well you are playing top 5 and top 10 teams.

NickVT10

annnnnnnd its gone
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will say Jed doesn't normally shoot from the hip in regards to CFB, so if he said it he can usually back it up.

He rattled off some stats but they prove nothing and in fact prove he knows nothing of the program and why people consider Beamer a top coach. He has nothing to back it up right now. I brought my argument, waiting to here his counter to that.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He rattled off some stats but they prove nothing and in fact prove he knows nothing of the program and why people consider Beamer a top coach. He has nothing to back it up right now. I brought my argument, waiting to here his counter to that.

Stats prove nothing? mmmkray...

Nebraska's stats through the Callahan era and the Pelini tell me alot about the program. In fact those stats bring me reality.

I understand you being defensive of Beamer because he's been a rock for Blacksburg. Give Jed a chance to explain why he believes he's not Top 10 tho.

jedburks

The Bad Guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just a quick fly by to let all you VD fans know that I will not be avoiding your inane responses today. I have a long day at work and a big night tonight so I probably won't respond until tomorrow.

FNG

Chiefs Baby Chiefs!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just a quick fly by to let all you VD fans know that I will not be avoiding your inane responses today. I have a long day at work and a big night tonight so I probably won't respond until tomorrow.

Big date tonight?!?! Maybe a :bj:! JK Jed! Have a great night!!!

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Personally I would put any coach with a crystal football in the Top 10. He navigated the waters, put together an asst staff, and made the right calls when it mattered. So now we're dealing w/ 8-10.