• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Rank your receiver prospects for this draft

bvanthielriceyoung

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
A-Rob - Keenan Allen/Michael Crabtree category. He's going to be a fridge true #1 WR

Martavis Bryant - I feel like he's a poor man's Justin Hunter and I have a high opinion on Hunter

Paul Richardson - Best route runner in the draft. His hands might be one of the worst but found him to be a guy that's always open. He was targeted very often and should have been targeted more surprisingly

Jordan Matthews - Zero separation despite having the tangibles, but tremendous at adjusting to the ball. He's got a high floor, but question marks about where his ceiling is

Marqise Lee - Just dropped him below matthews today. Kendall Wright-esque

you definitely have the most different top 5 from the rest of the pack and norm.

taughtmepatience

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
#1) Cooks will be a great slotback, and is the kind of explosive playmaker that New England is probably salivating over. He would NOT be a good fit in the Niner's current system.

#2) My #1 prospect for the Niner's system: Marquise Lee. A dynamic playmaker that can stretch the field.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
It's a toss-up for me. But anyone that's enamored with Brandin Cooks should understand that Harbaugh/Roman/Kaep will not be able to utilize him properly. He is an elite prospect, but he's not going to succeed in the Niners' current offense.

See, that's a BIG problem for me. We have to be able to utilize speed. Otherwise our offense will continue to struggle.

4lifer9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
I think its moderately short sighted of people to just assume that since we had two speed threats in our house at the wr position and couldn't do anything with them and a speed threat at the rb position and we couldn't do anything with him that we wouldn't be able to do anything with Cooks/Watkins.

It's completely obvious to me that if AJ Jenkins was in this draft he would no question be a 3rd/4th round wr prospect. we just so happened to take him at the end of the first in a bad wr draft.

Cooks/Watkins are not in the same stratosphere of types of players as Jenkins/Ginn/LaMichael to where it makes me feel confident that with all of the combined smarts of Harbaugh/Roman they would be able to find ways to involve Cooks/Watkins at a much faster and better rate/way than Jenkins/Ginn/LaMichael

bvanthielriceyoung

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
#1) Cooks will be a great slotback, and is the kind of explosive playmaker that New England is probably salivating over. He would NOT be a good fit in the Niner's current system.

#2) My #1 prospect for the Niner's system: Marquise Lee. A dynamic playmaker that can stretch the field.

Too many USC fans on this board! He doesn't impress me as near as much as some of the other prospects available.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I think its moderately short sighted of people to just assume that since we had two speed threats in our house at the wr position and couldn't do anything with them and a speed threat at the rb position and we couldn't do anything with him that we wouldn't be able to do anything with Cooks/Watkins.

It's completely obvious to me that if AJ Jenkins was in this draft he would no question be a 3rd/4th round wr prospect. we just so happened to take him at the end of the first in a bad wr draft.

Cooks/Watkins are not in the same stratosphere of types of players as Jenkins/Ginn/LaMichael to where it makes me feel confident that with all of the combined smarts of Harbaugh/Roman they would be able to find ways to involve Cooks/Watkins at a much faster and better rate/way than Jenkins/Ginn/LaMichael

I wouldn't say I'm assuming we can't do it, I just haven't seen them do it yet. I think we need to keep trying. Frankly, I question this staff's ability to develop/use anything at the WR position. Thus far, their track record is appalling.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is obviously not a scientific poll, but here are the rankings so far:

1. Brandin Cooks (5) - 65
2. Jordan Matthews (4) - 57
3. Odell Beckham (1) - 44
3. Maqise Lee (1) - 44
5. Donte Moncrief - 22
6. Kelvin Benjamin - 17
7. Martavis Bryant - 8
8. A. Rob (1) - 7
9. Paul Richardson - 5
10. Brown - 4
11. Jarvis Landry - 3
12. Janis - 1

I gave 7 points for everyone's first choice and 6 for their second and so on. I didn't count any Watkins or Evans. I skipped them, so if the list was "Cooks, Watson, Evans, Matthews, Lee," Cooks got 7 and Matthews got 6, not 4.

I'm not sure if everyone ranked them or just listed their five, I took it as a ranking. The numbers in the parentheses are the number one votes.

RedneckNiner

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Taking out posssibilty to actually last until the Niners Pick
1- Evans
2- Watkins
3- Beckham jr
4 - Benjamin
5- Matthews
6- Landry

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, Mike Evans wouldnt be in my top-5 anyways, but mine are:

Jordan Matthews
Odell Beckham
Marqise Lee
Brandin Cooks
Kelvin Benjamin

What about Watkins? I thought you were a Watkins guy.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Too many USC fans on this board! He doesn't impress me as near as much as some of the other prospects available.

Boooo! You must not have watched him when he was healthy last year.

bvanthielriceyoung

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
This is obviously not a scientific poll, but here are the rankings so far:

1. Brandin Cooks (5) - 65
2. Jordan Matthews (4) - 57
3. Odell Beckham (1) - 44
3. Maqise Lee (1) - 44
5. Donte Moncrief - 22
6. Kelvin Benjamin - 17
7. Martavis Bryant - 8
8. A. Rob (1) - 7
9. Paul Richardson - 5
10. Brown - 4
11. Jarvis Landry - 3
12. Janis - 1

I gave 7 points for everyone's first choice and 6 for their second and so on. I didn't count any Watkins or Evans. I skipped them, so if the list was "Cooks, Watson, Evans, Matthews, Lee," Cooks got 7 and Matthews got 6, not 4.

I'm not sure if everyone ranked them or just listed their five, I took it as a ranking. The numbers in the parentheses are the number one votes.

Nice, thanks for putting those numbers together.

I think the combine performance was huge for cook and a lot of people are buying into the numbers. I'm not saying that as a bad thing because I'm pretty high on him as well.

Overall, the combined rankings of where everyone has them I think is really solid and I'm surprised a little by it. There are a few players I thought would be a little more under the radar and many others appear to be high on them.

bvanthielriceyoung

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Boooo! You must not have watched him when he was healthy last year.

I've watched him a decent amount of times. Not as near as much as many of the fans on here I'm sure though.

Really, this isn't a surprise about USC players though. I've been posting way back on the ESPN boards since about 2004/2005 and every year players from USC get overly hyped up. Just goes with the geography of where the majority are located on the board in comparison to where I am located. I'm guilty of doing it with some schools as well.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Who was the last USC receiver to have a successful career? Keyshawn Johnson? Not saying you should rule out all WRs from the school, but it is a somewhat disturbing drought, particularly from what has been a very high-powered offense.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Steve Smith (USC) was pretty good before injuries ended his career.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who was the last USC receiver to have a successful career? Keyshawn Johnson? Not saying you should rule out all WRs from the school, but it is a somewhat disturbing drought, particularly from what has been a very high-powered offense.

That is an interesting question. For a school with so many highly skilled players the don't produce any top notch NFL players at any of the "skill" positions.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've watched him a decent amount of times. Not as near as much as many of the fans on here I'm sure though.

Really, this isn't a surprise about USC players though. I've been posting way back on the ESPN boards since about 2004/2005 and every year players from USC get overly hyped up. Just goes with the geography of where the majority are located on the board in comparison to where I am located. I'm guilty of doing it with some schools as well.

He was brilliant in his Sophomore year when he was healthy.