• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Rank these WRs please...

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not trying to be a fly in the vasoline, but I wonder about ARob and Watkins.

ARob - Jags added Ivory and have openly said they want to run the ball more. So that has to hurt the recievers, right? And you figure a healthy Julius will steal some looks too. I have ARob pretty high on my own rankings but I wonder if we're overvaluing him?

Watkins - Sure he put up good numbers last year despite missing 3 games himself. Still he had 4 other games with 3 points or less. Everyone seems convinced Tyrod takes the next step as a passer. (And he might.) But they said the same thing about Bridgewater last off-season. So it worries me since they're both on run-first teams.

Sam Sportboy

Can't all be winners kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not trying to be a fly in the vasoline, but I wonder about ARob and Watkins.

ARob - Jags added Ivory and have openly said they want to run the ball more. So that has to hurt the recievers, right? And you figure a healthy Julius will steal some looks too. I have ARob pretty high on my own rankings but I wonder if we're overvaluing him?

Watkins - Sure he put up good numbers last year despite missing 3 games himself. Still he had 4 other games with 3 points or less. Everyone seems convinced Tyrod takes the next step as a passer. (And he might.) But they said the same thing about Bridgewater last off-season. So it worries me since they're both on run-first teams.
I'm thinking Hurns takes a hit and ARob will be fine.................really regret taking Hurns over Parker now.

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm thinking Hurns takes a hit and ARob will be fine.................really regret taking Hurns over Parker now.
Agreed, Hurns goes right back to where he belongs, off and on the waiver wire. But I do think sticking AROB up in the class with AJ and Dez is over valuing him a little. He should be in the Marshall, Evans and Co. Class

femurov

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,138.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually, after READING your post (which I guess I should have done first) the only RB's I'd take over most of the bunch of WR's is Zeke, Martin and maybe Rawls................can you only keep 2?
Yeah, we keep 2 offensive players and 1 IDP. We don't have by to give up the round or anything to keep them. We treat is as the 1st 3 rounds of the draft basically.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i didnt look at anyone elses

Mike Evans
Keenan Allen
Brandin Cooks
Allen Robinson
T.Y. Hilton
Jarvis Landry
Demaryius Thomas
Jeremy Maclin
Jordy Nelson
Sammy Watkins(depends on health)
Randall Cobb
Julian Edelman
Kelvin Benjamin

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

To add to the Arob thing (i already stated my Watkins concerns), the Jacksonville defense getting talked up as one of the more improved units in the league......No team played catch up and threw up more garbage points than the Jaguars last season, if that defense does improve in a big way, that entire offense will take a huge hit from a fantasy perspective

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To add to the Arob thing (i already stated my Watkins concerns), the Jacksonville defense getting talked up as one of the more improved units in the league......No team played catch up and threw up more garbage points than the Jaguars last season, if that defense does improve in a big way, that entire offense will take a huge hit from a fantasy perspective

That's getting overblown a little, imo. They aren't going to be that good that you see a big difference. From a fantasy perspective, nothing needs to change for them to regress. They are going to regress. Bortles, Robinson and Hurns.

Bortles. Look, they are getting better on both sides. I remember raving about Bortles last preseason just in a real football aspect. But yes, you don't follow up those "catch up" games with the same efficiency. But I still suspect him to be better as to not be behind so much, I just don't think it's 35 TD again.

Robinson. 1400 and 14? Even the best of the best regress after a season like that. So drafting him so high when it's highly likely a Mike Evans or TY Hilton could out score him? Won't be me.

Hurns. TD every 10 targets? Yeah.... re-gress-ion. Especially since the regression already started...look at the games Julius was healthy.

The Jags will be better on both sides of the ball. So yes, the 4th quarter come backs won't be as often... but this defense talk is getting out of hand, imo. I get (and agree) with the thought of it as it pertains to 4th quarter come backs, but I think that reduction will occur throughout the game from offense as much (probably more) than the defense... FG, early leads, etc...

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You wanna know how the JAX D improves? Chris Ivory and TJ. Yeldon doing their best 2014 DeMarco Murray in Dallas impression. Dallas's defense was HORRID coming into 2014 but their numbers looked good across the board becuase the offense played keep away.

It really appears to be the plan in JAX, imho, and if we recall, in 2013, Terrence Williams had the look of a potential strong WR2, Dez was dueling Calvin Johnson for top WR status, and after the dust settled, TWILL wasn't even a consideration off the waiver pile, and Dez was only a WR1 because of the TD's. IF, and only IF, Ivory and Yeldon can do similar, the Jags D will appear improved, but regardless, the efforts in getting there are going to virtually assure a dip in AROB's production, and likely a falling of a cliff of Hurns' production

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You wanna know how the JAX D improves? Chris Ivory and TJ. Yeldon doing their best 2014 DeMarco Murray in Dallas impression. Dallas's defense was HORRID coming into 2014 but their numbers looked good across the board becuase the offense played keep away.

It really appears to be the plan in JAX, imho, and if we recall, in 2013, Terrence Williams had the look of a potential strong WR2, Dez was dueling Calvin Johnson for top WR status, and after the dust settled, TWILL wasn't even a consideration off the waiver pile, and Dez was only a WR1 because of the TD's. IF, and only IF, Ivory and Yeldon can do similar, the Jags D will appear improved, but regardless, the efforts in getting there are going to virtually assure a dip in AROB's production, and likely a falling of a cliff of Hurns' production

Jacksonville added a ton of playmakers on defense, including top 5 overall picks from the past two seasons. Their D will definitely be better, regardless of what the offense does.

Sam Sportboy

Can't all be winners kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jacksonville added a ton of playmakers on defense, including top 5 overall picks from the past two seasons. Their D will definitely be better, regardless of what the offense does.
Damn T, wish you guise still had RGIII.............having a hard time getting used to yer avi.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oakland did similar things, they didn't look improved against a Packers team without Rodgers, Jordy, and Cobb. On paper they look better, doesn't mean they will be

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oakland did similar things, they didn't look improved against a Packers team without Rodgers, Jordy, and Cobb. On paper they look better, doesn't mean they will be

You said that they improve their defense by improving their run game. Not sure how much better Ivory will make them, but I get that. All I am saying is that their defensively talent level is tremendously higher than what it was last year. They will go from being a turnstile to somewhere near league average, and that will affect garbage time production.

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the Jacksonville defense getting talked up as one of the more improved units in the league......No team played catch up and threw up more garbage points than the Jaguars last season, if that defense does improve in a big way, that entire offense will take a huge hit from a fantasy perspective
If anything, a better defense will give the offense more opportunities. More opportunities vs garbage time may balance itself out IMO.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You said that they improve their defense by improving their run game. Not sure how much better Ivory will make them, but I get that. All I am saying is that their defensively talent level is tremendously higher than what it was last year. They will go from being a turnstile to somewhere near league average, and that will affect garbage time production.
Naw I feel ya and agree for the most part, just hedging the bets. In my book the best defense is winning the time of possession battle by a wide margin.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jags added some talent on D for sure, but don't you think it'll be a work in progress? I tend to think their d will improve as the season progresses but won't start out being great.

Xulu Bak

Hoopla Cash
$ 148.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Return yardage aside, Landry is criminally underrated for this being PPR.

Robinson is the clear #1 on that group. After that, I'd say it's pretty close between Landry, Nelson, and Evans. Depending on how risky you want to play it with that pick, and whether you'd prefer to aim for consistency or big game potential. I'd put Allen #2, but I'm entirely convinced he can't stay healthy, so I'll pass. Watkins has the same issue, plus he plays for the Bills, making it hard to rely on him, especially come playoffs.

The only RB you mentioned, that I'd consider over the top WRs on that list is Zeke, but he should be long gone by 8.

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am going to put spaces in between tier gaps, as I see them.

Allen Robinson

Mike Evans
Keenan Allen
Brandin Cooks
Hilton

Watkins
Nelson
Thomas
Cobb
Landry

Edelman
Maclin
Benjamin

Yessir! :thumb:

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Keenan Allen
Allen Robinson
Jordy Nelson
Jarvis Landry
T.Y. Hilton
Jeremy Maclin
Sammy Watkins
Mike Evans
Brandin Cooks
Demaryius Thomas
Kelvin Benjamin
Randall Cobb
Julian Edelman

But I'd take Ingram or Charles after the top 3. Ingram caught 50 balls last year.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Keenan Allen
Allen Robinson
Jordy Nelson
Jarvis Landry
T.Y. Hilton
Jeremy Maclin
Sammy Watkins
Mike Evans
Brandin Cooks
Demaryius Thomas
Kelvin Benjamin
Randall Cobb
Julian Edelman

But I'd take Ingram or Charles after the top 3. Ingram caught 50 balls last year.

Totally agree, and Im even on the fence with including Mccoy with those guys......The releasing of Karlos Williams moved Mccoy up the board a bit for me