• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Rank the Most Important Positions

Stomp

Lions Homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Then why do Centers never ever get drafted in the first round if they are soooo important while LT's DOMINATE the 1st round more than any other position? In 2013 3 of the first 4 picks where LT. I bet 3 Centers havent been drafted in the first round in the last 5 years and NONE before pick 20?

Centers have to be able to recognize defensive schemes/call plays and they have to form a rapport with their QB they aren't as plug and play as the other o line positions. Usually even first round centers end up playing guard for a year or 2 while they adjust to the pro game.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Centers have to be able to recognize defensive schemes/call plays and they have to form a rapport with their QB they aren't as plug and play as the other o line positions. Usually even first round centers end up playing guard for a year or 2 while they adjust to the pro game.
dude @PhoenixEagles1 brought some facts , @PhoenixEagles1 realizes he can just look at draft picks and realiE need

soxfan1468927

Hoopla Cash
$ 7,185.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Then why do Centers never ever get drafted in the first round if they are soooo important while LT's DOMINATE the 1st round more than any other position? In 2013 3 of the first 4 picks where LT. I bet 3 Centers havent been drafted in the first round in the last 5 years and NONE before pick 20?
Ryan Kelly and Cameron Erving were drafted 18 and 19th in 2015/2016. In the last 5 years there have been exactly 3 centers drafted in the first round. Kelly, Erving, and Travis Frederick.

dkmightyhammer

Livin' la vida loca
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I prefer her in the position of submission. Head down, butt up & shut up

Ask and ye shall receive. You're welcome:

1.jpg

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think you know you're going to win the argument based on the draft position...but there is no denying the importance of the C position I think you under appreciate.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm surprised how high so many have WR
Its a passing league right now. WRs win games. Its actually not too hard to look at a variety of playoff games in the past decade where WRs made major swings one way or another.

I'm actually a little surprised to see Steelers fans value WR so little when they have one of the best and as a team have a history of clutch catches. I guess you dont know what you got till its gone.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think you know you're going to win the argument based on the draft position...but there is no denying the importance of the C position I think you under appreciate.
In terms of positions where you don't want to have a really bad player, Center is near the top of the list.

In terms of positions where you want someone elite....its probably close to the bottom in today's game just because there are so many oline prospects that get pushed 'down' to Center due to short arms.

tducey

Sports discussion
Hoopla Cash
$ 46,233.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
QB, DE, LT, CB, WR

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In terms of positions where you don't want to have a really bad player, Center is near the top of the list.

In terms of positions where you want someone elite....its probably close to the bottom in today's game just because there are so many oline prospects that get pushed 'down' to Center due to short arms.

That 1st comment I agree 100%. I'm convinced...you can have avg OTs and a strong C and have a solid OL. The Steelers are living proof of that.

In terms of the draft...1st rd C picks are normally BPA picks to teams with no real weaknesses.

On this topic...what I was responding to mostly was the thought the C is the worst position on the team. It's pretty clear that person doesn't know that much about OL play.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
QB may be the most important but if I were building an expansion team I'd spend every available asset on OL and DL. Soon I'd be able to fill other spots on the roster with good "not great" players and our fans will start labeling them GOATs.

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Football is all about Building a Team, most the time Teams look for players at Certain Position more so than other positions. If you were Building a Football Team how would you rank the Most Important Positions?

Mine (Defense is a 4-3)
1. QB
2. DE (Pass Rusher)
3. LT
4. DT (3 Tech)
5. WR
6. CB
7. C
8. CB
9. MLB
10. FS

Start here maybe?:noidea:

51Uz5o8Y81L._AC_UL320_SR220,320_.jpg

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
QB may be the most important but if I were building an expansion team I'd spend every available asset on OL and DL. Soon I'd be able to fill other spots on the roster with good "not great" players and our fans will start labeling them GOATs.
OL is 5 positions so it's obviously pretty important but realistically it's going to take a team at least 3 years to build a good oline. You don't want to reach on talent or you'll be in NFL purgatory like the Rams who have been stockpiling OL and DL for 15 years.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OL is 5 positions so it's obviously pretty important but realistically it's going to take a team at least 3 years to build a good oline. You don't want to reach on talent or you'll be in NFL purgatory like the Rams who have been stockpiling OL and DL for 15 years.
A great QB needs a bery good OL to be great. There's a long history of very talented QBs who never win squat because no OL in front of them.
I'm a firm believer in building NFL teams from the b insude out.

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
kind of a tricky question.
depending on how the team is built is how that particular team would rank the positions.
A great pass rushing team dont need the best corners. A team with awesome DBs dont need as good of a pass rush. (my personal preference is to dominate the trenches, is how I would build a team)
Some teams run the ball more (although not as popular right now)
Some teams pass more & even with them do they pass more to the WRs or the TEs. Some teams do one or the other. All of this slides up or down so many spots on a team.
To me no matter which type of team of team you have you need a good QB, LT & Center. A team without all three positions filled by a good player is an inconsistent team.
most all people put QB 1st, but there are teams out there that doesnt have QB 1st, just depends on how the team was built.

Also I think people arent being fair to the positions. Someone said OL is 5 positions but want to rank them individually. Meanwhile if they thought the same way about WR (individually not as a pair or trio)
There is an argument for three or 4 OL spots be more important than the WR position individually. Granted not as sexy, especially in the draft, but the simple fact is there are only a handful (very few) WRs, that can beat against game planning. You can game plan a good WR ineffective. It takes a group of WRs to make a team pay for taking one out of game plan. Seems to me some might be ranking a group of WRs to an individual linemans (apples & oranges)
To me you build your team from the trenches out.