• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Rangers vs Rays III - (Insert clever subtitle here)

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Everyone would, but most don't. Would be great to have young come off the bench, but players that good are already in the lineup. For you tp even suggest Martin over Endy tells me a lot about your baseball iq.

Swami

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Got a guy with a ERA over 5.00 and opponent's average of .298 coming in. Lets get a run or two.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Everyone would, but most don't. Would be great to have young come off the bench, but players that good are already in the lineup. For you tp even suggest Martin over Endy tells me a lot about your baseball iq.

after the way Chavez hacked in several of his latest at bats i was concerned about getting runners on base . i was right and wrong because he hit a fly ball out but Ian came thru for us

Swami

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Or lets have three guys swing at the first pitch and get themselves out.

Swami

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, I feel like I've wasted most of my day now.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
another shaky outing by Holland accompanied by unmotivated performance by our offense

Dude are you kidding me. Holland allowed only 3 earned runs and did a great job of keeping Texas well within striking distance of a good team despite Ian's boneheaded error that allowed a run to score. It was a quality start and price's stuff was just nasty today. The offense did a great job of working him. They just didn't get this one. Lowe is the real putz today.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2-1 Angels batting in the bottom of the 8th...looking like the lead will slim a bit more tonight.

Windingmywatch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Just goes to show if you throw a 96mph 4seam fastball over the plate any MLB player when they are looking for it will kill it.

The other lesson learned ... walks and errors kill.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Holy shit Seattle blows, I hope they play this bad late in the game against us.

Lukawren24

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
It seems like we are in trouble. If the Angels ever square the race we will lose because they basically have 3 #1 starters. In the last month the Angels have outplayed us by a longshot and if we lose the division something has to change as far as the coaches in the dugout go. No way this team should not win this division, especially when the team chasing you is made up of a bunch of kids who have no experience.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It seems like we are in trouble. If the Angels ever square the race we will lose because they basically have 3 #1 starters. In the last month the Angels have outplayed us by a longshot and if we lose the division something has to change as far as the coaches in the dugout go. No way this team should not win this division, especially when the team chasing you is made up of a bunch of kids who have no experience.

That hasn't stopped us from beating them the last two series. Also we've hard one of the hardest stretches this season and theirs has been relatively easy. The rest of our schedule is the A's, mariners, and Indians until we play them again. I'm pretty confident we'll still clinch the division before we play them again.

Ginger

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That hasn't stopped us from beating them the last two series. Also we've hard one of the hardest stretches this season and theirs has been relatively easy. The rest of our schedule is the A's, mariners, and Indians until we play them again. I'm pretty confident we'll still clinch the division before we play them again.

I agree. I don't think the Rangers are in trouble at all. It is baseball and it is going to the wire. They'll either step up and meet the challenge or they won't. If they can't hold off the Angels then they don't deserve to make the playoffs as they wouldn't have done well anyway. There is that saying that I've always found to be quite true. There are NO frauds in baseball. Only the best teams make it. I think it will be the Rangers. :happy:

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree. I don't think the Rangers are in trouble at all. It is baseball and it is going to the wire. They'll either step up and meet the challenge or they won't. If they can't hold off the Angels then they don't deserve to make the playoffs as they wouldn't have done well anyway. There is that saying that I've always found to be quite true. There are NO frauds in baseball. Only the best teams make it. I think it will be the Rangers. :happy:

Absolutely right. Texas just went through a much tougher schedule than LA has. For one Texas is coming back from an East Coast road trip against one team that will definately be in the playoffs beating them handedly twice, and another good team from the AL east that they cleaned their clock once and almost came from behind and went 3-3. Everyone pretty much agreed that would be fine given our schedule after the road trip. We just wanted to get out of it with sole posession of first.

Meanwhile LA has been playing a bunch of weak teams on what had to be the longest homestand for any team this season, and did not capitalize like they should have. Texas still has sole posession of first, and not by just one game, and they have to go on the road to face the Yankees and to that hellhole to face Toronto. Neither team will roll over and die like all of the teams LA just finished facing. LA will be very lucky to go 3-3 against them. I see them going 2-4 between those two teams.

This team is still showing plenty of fight and I still have plenty of confidence in all of our pitchers not named Colby Lewis (pending Ogando's next start). Uehara seems to be settling down and putting it together and Holland had one great start this road trip, and one pretty good one. CJ was brilliant both starts as usual. And Harrison looks like the pitcher that was so dominant from earlier this year. Texas is primed to finish this race before the LA series and they certainly won't be tied going into it. At most I see Texas needing to win one of those games to clinch. So quit with all the chicken little crap people. It's getting really old.

Lukawren24

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Absolutely right. Texas just went through a much tougher schedule than LA has. For one Texas is coming back from an East Coast road trip against one team that will definately be in the playoffs beating them handedly twice, and another good team from the AL east that they cleaned their clock once and almost came from behind and went 3-3. Everyone pretty much agreed that would be fine given our schedule after the road trip. We just wanted to get out of it with sole posession of first.

Meanwhile LA has been playing a bunch of weak teams on what had to be the longest homestand for any team this season, and did not capitalize like they should have. Texas still has sole posession of first, and not by just one game, and they have to go on the road to face the Yankees and to that hellhole to face Toronto. Neither team will roll over and die like all of the teams LA just finished facing. LA will be very lucky to go 3-3 against them. I see them going 2-4 between those two teams.

This team is still showing plenty of fight and I still have plenty of confidence in all of our pitchers not named Colby Lewis (pending Ogando's next start). Uehara seems to be settling down and putting it together and Holland had one great start this road trip, and one pretty good one. CJ was brilliant both starts as usual. And Harrison looks like the pitcher that was so dominant from earlier this year. Texas is primed to finish this race before the LA series and they certainly won't be tied going into it. At most I see Texas needing to win one of those games to clinch. So quit with all the chicken little crap people. It's getting really old.

It's not chicken little, Romeo. Just talking baseball. That's how I see it because of the angels 3 top notch starters. I mean we are all big ranger fans in here but that doesn't mean you can't call it like you see it.

Like I said, I just think the angels will be tough to beat with weaver, santanna and haren going 1,2,3 down the stretch.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think that short rest threw off Weaver and Santana quite a bit. Doesn't seem like either have really gotten back on track to this point.