• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Rangers visit old friends in Oaktown on the road to the 2022 Draft - Aug 6-8

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My 2022 lineup would look something like this

Free agents would be Yan Gomes

C - Yan Gomes/Heim
1B - Lowe/Huff
2B - Foscue
3B - Jung
SS - IKF (place-holding for Acosta) - I'd spend this money on pitching, whether bringing in a couple starters (Gray/Syndergaard) or bullpen help
LF - Calhoun
CF - Tavares
RF - Garcia
DH - Huff

OF spots will be pretty hotly contested, Peters, Solak, Martin, Steele Walker, etc... definitely the hardest to project, I could them going for a FA here for sure, there just aren't any I really like, maybe Conforto but he's having a rough year

FAs would be Jon Gray and kick the tires on Syndergaard though I don't think we get him

Jon Gray
Dunning
Howard
Allard
Alexy/Cody/Hearn/Otto/Winn

I also see flipping some minor league organizational depth in a trade, maybe get a Brett Phillips from Tampa Bay to play CF, good defensive player solid power just never really gets a chance to play much

Last edited:

DTC

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My 2022 lineup would look something like this

Free agents would be Yan Gomes

C - Yan Gomes/Heim
1B - Lowe/Huff
2B - Foscue
3B - Jung
SS - IKF (place-holding for Acosta) - I'd spend this money on pitching, whether bringing in a couple starters (Gray/Syndergaard) or bullpen help
LF - Calhoun
CF - Tavares
RF - Garcia
DH - Huff

OF spots will be pretty hotly contested, Peters, Solak, Martin, Steele Walker, etc... definitely the hardest to project, I could them going for a FA here for sure, there just aren't any I really like, maybe Conforto but he's having a rough year

FAs would be Jon Gray and kick the tires on Syndergaard though I don't think we get him

Jon Gray
Dunning
Howard
Allard
Alexy/Cody/Hearn/Otto/Winn

I also see flipping some minor league organizational depth in a trade, maybe get a Brett Phillips from Tampa Bay to play CF, good defensive player solid power just never really gets a chance to play much

I like Yan Gomes, could be had on a decent short term contract.
Maybe that’s a good move this off season, some solid players in their mid to early 30s who can be had on short term deals.
Mark Canha, Starling Marte, Brandon Crawford, Zack Grienke, Scherzer, Morton, Wainwright, Verlander, and Kershaw

Kelleyman

Rebuild done....It all starts with pitching
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Story is still the 2nd highest rated SS according to fangraphs, even in a down year
You had to make me look but I am not seeing it. His OPS and WAR is down. Bad year defensively. Interesting enough IKF grades the best defensively. Now when I saw him I think 2019 in Arlington he looked great. This has been an off year not watching much live baseball so my eye test is definitely deficient
Do agree though OF has less depth. Just wonder if Story is a guy that slides to 3B. Rather get a younger guy. If we had to pay do like Seager

BULLPEN FAILURE

Headed to a more competent location
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You had to make me look but I am not seeing it. His OPS and WAR is down. Bad year defensively. Interesting enough IKF grades the best defensively. Now when I saw him I think 2019 in Arlington he looked great. This has been an off year not watching much live baseball so my eye test is definitely deficient
Do agree though OF has less depth. Just wonder if Story is a guy that slides to 3B. Rather get a younger guy. If we had to pay do like Seager

story is kinda like Gallo to me, meaning his stats kind of need to be "fudged" a little. His numbers away from COL aren't impressive.

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was only speaking defensively, I know his offensive numbers are down

IKF's big problem has been errors, which might be a product of changing to another position... who knows but he rates pretty well everywhere else especially defensive runs saved.... its definitely a down year defensively for Story but he's still really good and has a lot more range than Correa... who's more of a Jeter, make the plays that come to me, SS

Personally, I's sign neither, both are problematic to me, home/road splits for Story, defensive limitations and injury concerns for Correa and Seager

Screen Shot 2021-08-08 at 11.10.19 PM.png

Last edited:

saddles

Be Patient and Finish Right #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some of our young infield prospects could be moved to the OF at some point. It has already been mentioned that some of them may not stick at the positions they are currently at, and OF has been mentioned as a possibility.

Reactions: DTC

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brock Burke actually had a very good outing today. He can do that every once in awhile.

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some of our young infield prospects could be moved to the OF at some point. It has already been mentioned that some of them may not stick at the positions they are currently at, and OF has been mentioned as a possibility.

Very true, I actually had that stated directly in my original post but forgot to include it in the final draft, Duran is one I could see shifting to the OF, perhaps Wendzel

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Very true, I actually had that stated directly in my original post but forgot to include it in the final draft, Duran is one I could see shifting to the OF, perhaps Wendzel
I believe Crim played a game in the OF here recently.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hauver has played nothing but OF since being traded here.

Our OF prospects could include Taveras, Wendzel, Crim, Hauver, Carter, Zavala, Duran, Walker, Morrobel, Lora, Ornelas, and Peters.

I think we should go after the top free agents and let the rest sort itself out later.

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hauver has played nothing but OF since being traded here.

Our OF prospects could include Taveras, Wendzel, Crim, Hauver, Carter, Zavala, Duran, Walker, Morrobel, Lora, Ornelas, and Peters.

I think we should go after the top free agents and let the rest sort itself out later.
That's where we disagree, I don't like most of the top free agent position players for various reasons, except catcher I do like Yan Gomes who's 34

Pitchers is another story, I wouldn't mind bringing in a couple free agent starters and/or bullpen guys

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Josh Smith and his wife discuss life in the minor leagues.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I posted a link above to a story about free agents. For some reason it shows me a blank post. Anyone else having that problem? The Twitter link worked, but not one to a web page.

BULLPEN FAILURE

Headed to a more competent location
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The current 2022 Draft Standings:

1. ARI 35-78 (.310), 3-7 in last 10, Current Streak: two losses
2. BAL 38-72 (.345), 3-7 in last 10, Current Streak: five losses
3. TEX 39-73 (.348), 3-7 in last 10, Current Streak: six losses
4. PIT 41-71 (.366), 3-7 in last 10, Current Streak: five losses

Amazingly, the standings have not changed in 10 games because all 4 teams went 3-7. All teams are on a losing streak as you can see. The Rangers have exactly 50 games to go in 2021. Their current winning % works out to a 17-33 record, which would put them at 56-106 for the year. That would tie the franchise record for the worst record in a 162 game season from what I can tell.