• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Rangers snack on some M's & M's at the Grill: SEA @ TEX 6/3-5

BULLPEN FAILURE

2023 World Series Champions
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, I guess it can tell us a lot of things, but my question was more specifically about the three guys I mentioned.

As far as the FO sitting on their hands, I think it has been a long while since that could be said.

I don't think there's a lot to be read into it as far as the players themselves go.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So long, Willie. I hope you find success.
Like you I wish nothing but good fortune for Willie. He seemed to work hard, and for the most part tried to do what the organization wanted him to do. He worked on his hitting approach, lost weight, etc and frankly, I hope the change of scenery does him a world of good.

saddles

Be Patient and Finish Right #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

To me this is good time of if you want to see them all. They are going to keep Leody. Not sure about Walker or for that matter Bubba
I think it is time to move on from Taveras, but then, I have thought that for a long time.

I think our converting infielders, Evan Carter and possibly Aaron Zavala are our future starting outfielders. If not enough of them work out then they could pursue a free agent, but I think at least three of them will.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think there's a lot to be read into it as far as the players themselves go.
Wouldn't how they view a player's skills and potential be just about the only things they would consider in a personnel move like this. Other than a very short term emergency situation, that is. I don't think they just liked the name Steele more than Leody or Bubba so they chose him. Lol

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You know, Willie was the one who went to lunch with Semien just before Semien signed. Maybe, Willie is the fall guy for the signing. Ha ha.

• Haha
Reactions: DTC

Kelleyman

Rebuild done....It all starts with pitching
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Re the choice of the 3 called up. I do think Steele over Bubba says something. He has a better shot he than Bubba but think Steele option is mainly LF.

Bubba and Leody are competing for CF. I think both will get a hot at the MLB level.
Doubt Rangers are ready to move on. Now is Leody a guy you could include in a trade package. That could be the case

Still I don’t think this means they think of Steele most highly of the 3

Kelleyman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wouldn't how they view a player's skills and potential be just about the only things they would consider in a personnel move like this. Other than a very short term emergency situation, that is. I don't think they just liked the name Steele more than Leody or Bubba so they chose him. Lol
To me it is only about timing. The big move was the Willie move

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Interesting in that it puts him pitching on the same day as Hearn.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Doubt Rangers are ready to move on. Now is Leody a guy you could include in a trade package. That could be the case
I meant moving on by trading him, so those two scenarios are the same to me.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To me it is only about timing. The big move was the Willie move
I wonder if they had planned on using Josh in the OF and bringing up Duran even before Josh got hurt. If so, the injury to Smith left them needing an OF. It still makes me think that they presently think a tad more highly of Walker than either Leody or Bubba.

Woodward gave some line about not wanting to move up Leody until they knew he would be here to stay. That sounds more like Woodward making excuses that are more like lies to me. He is the best manager we have ever had when it comes to that sort of thing.

BULLPEN FAILURE

2023 World Series Champions
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yep, Just meant that Walker having a slight edge at the moment isn't a negative sign for the other two.

Kelleyman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I meant moving on by trading him, so those two scenarios are the same to me.
Well we he cold easy one exploring traded with Leody and IMO if one is not done they bring him up for another tryout after the break

Steele could be go me as well by ASB as well as Reks. Might as well look at them now while we have time. Eli White is at best a 4th OF option

Kelleyman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe a make up call for the France bogus HBP