• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: Rangers off to the Windy City to play Sale & the White Sox

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rangers 3B Adrian Beltre has issues gripping bat

A swollen and sprained left thumb is still causing issues when Rangers third baseman Adrian Beltregrips a bat, reports The Dallas Morning News.

"It's progressing little by little," Beltre said Sunday. "I have to find a way to swing. I'm searching for a grip that doesn't hurt. I'm still searching. If it was uncomfortable, I'd be playing, but it's not uncomfortable, it's still painful."

Beltre has been out since May 31 and manager Jeff Banister said Beltre should be back before the All-Star break, which starts July 13.

"Knowing Adrian and watching him and the conversations we've had, I just don't think that's the case," Banister said. "He knows what his presence means in the lineup and he is determined to play the game."

Hope this doesnt wind up needing surgery
I love the guys guts but this is one that should not be rushed no matter what

darrylgann

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love the guys guts but this is one that should not be rushed no matter what
I'd settle on DeShields and Hamilton back for now

StarsFan

noob extraordinaire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When the Rangers are bringing Ross Detwiler and Jon Edwards into a 1 run game, you know the rest of the bullpen must be desperately in need of a day off.

Windingmywatch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
TEX gave up 14 runs in 7 games. Not going to sort out how many were earned and how many were unearned. Not going to factor in the extra innings.

When you only give up two runs a game over seven games -- you ought to have won more than four of them. Even against the pitching TEX has faced the past week. Should have won them all. Every one of them.