• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: Rangers off to the Windy City to play Sale & the White Sox

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hopefully Adrian and Josh can off set that 1 run.

sounds like JD is looking more at adding players using assets(prospects) than shipping mlb players out: In his own recent MLB Network Radio spot several days ago (via Twitter), Rangers GM Jon Daniels explained that he is preparing to take a hard look at the trade market. “If someone out there can help us, we have to be open-minded,” said Daniels. “We’ll evaluate our own guys first and go from there.” As both of these executive quotes indicate, one somewhat underappreciated factor in the slow onset of serious trades is the fact that many clubs are interested in obtaining an extended look at multiple internal options — all while seeing how other teams’ players are performing — before deciding whether to part with assets.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
sounds like JD is looking more at adding players using assets(prospects) than shipping mlb players out: In his own recent MLB Network Radio spot several days ago (via Twitter), Rangers GM Jon Daniels explained that he is preparing to take a hard look at the trade market. “If someone out there can help us, we have to be open-minded,” said Daniels. “We’ll evaluate our own guys first and go from there.” As both of these executive quotes indicate, one somewhat underappreciated factor in the slow onset of serious trades is the fact that many clubs are interested in obtaining an extended look at multiple internal options — all while seeing how other teams’ players are performing — before deciding whether to part with assets.

He says the same thing every year. It's all noise.

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Josh is a real talented baseball player, but this stint reminds me that he cant be counted on for more than a week or 2 at a time. He will continue to have these issues that keep him out of the lineup, having him playing will just be a bonus, when he is in there.

Beltre was having a tough year as far as Adrian goes, and at 36 years old, I think he will need a little extra time coming off this injury. No doubt he can still be very productive down the stretch, I just don't expect the same production from a few years ago.

As far as pitching only time will tell how effective Harrison, Perez and Holland will be once they start pitching to ML hitters again. I hope they all can maintain their health and are available at some point, I just don't think we can rely on them to come back and be stellar this year. They will likely have some success and some rough starts as well.

No need to rush Beltre back right now and its time off for his hammy's too

While we are getting quality starts out of our motley crew of starters, we should take advantage and allow other reinforcements to come along and stretch at a slow pace

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He says the same thing every year. It's all noise.

It's all noise until it isn't. I'm with ya.

And no disrespect to anyone, but it sure seems like we've beat the "what-if this guy comes back" horse to death.

There were some serious "discussions/disagreements, and in some cases ill feelings" for all that banter about looking ahead/who comes back/trade this guy, etc. over the past few weeks.

For me, I'm in total "let's wait and see mode" for the immediate future.

Let's watch how we do with little sleep and facing Mr Sale tonight, shall we?

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I keep chiming in from time to time about how encouraged I am with this team this season and how they have fared despite being far from 100% so I guess its time to do so again...haha! This team is less than a month from having some serious SP depth IMO. They are right in the division hunt and a wild card team at the moment. How do you guys see things playing out on this roster as guys like Hamilton, Beltre, Harrison, Perez, and Holland make their way back to full health? Obviously there is no reason to rush them as the team is playing quite well at this time, but those are some proven everyday players and hard to leave them all off the ML roster any longer than health requires. Just a fun conversation to have IMO.
And we can't forget DeShields as he has been an integral part of what has happened. I think this dog has some fight in it.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's all noise until it isn't. I'm with ya.

And no disrespect to anyone, but it sure seems like we've beat the "what-if this guy comes back" horse to death.

There were some serious "discussions/disagreements, and in some cases ill feelings" for all that banter about looking ahead/who comes back/trade this guy, etc. over the past few weeks.

For me, I'm in total "let's wait and see mode" for the immediate future.

Let's watch how we do with little sleep and facing Mr Sale tonight, shall we?
One thing that many would say in the past is we have beaten the lousy teams now let's see how we do against the better ones. We have taken 2 series from KC, swept the Astros and taken series from Minnesota, Yankees, Dodgers and split with Tampa Bay in Tampa in the last month. Seems we can play with the best. We won't talk about how we seem to choke against Oakland for some reason.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was speaking about mistake pitches, Gallo seems to be about the only one so far that doesn't let pitchers get away with mistakes

But you are very correct about the mental mistakes killing us, although are becoming less common lately
Agree and I really am impressed with Gallo's recognition of the strike zone. Now if the umpires could recognize it that would help too.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rua was activated and is playing LF. Smolinski sent down

I'm all for both of these moves.

Actually, happy for Rua. Hope he plays well.

Just gives us another option. Right-handed bat too.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rua was activated and is playing LF. Smolinski sent down

Glad he's back, needed another RH bat. Hope he is healthy and productive

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree and I really am impressed with Gallo's recognition of the strike zone. Now if the umpires could recognize it that would help too.

Boy that's no joke.

darrylgann

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm all for both of these moves.

Actually, happy for Rua. Hope he plays well.

Just gives us another option. Right-handed bat too.
He'll be the more awake of the bunch anyway.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He'll be the more awake of the bunch anyway.

That could very well be the understatement of the night.

But unfortunately, Chris Sale has a very good way of putting guys to sleep regardless of what side of the plate they swing from, nor how much rest the sandman allowed the previous evening.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is off our immediate subject, but I'm getting a perverted kick outta A-Rod putting the Yankees in such an uncomfortable position.

Can't stand the prick actually. Despise him in all candor. But sometimes the "enemy-of-my-enemy-is-my-friend" works. And this is one of those cases for me.