• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: Rangers @ M's: Sept 27 - 29

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is sickening I do believe we will get in the playoffs I mean we are playing at home the rest of the way. What I am dissapointed about is that the only reason we will probably get in is because they just recently changed the playoff format to allow 3 wild card teams to enter but if it were the original format we would probably have missed it again this season. I forgot what year it was where we were well in control of the 1st wild card spot at the deadline then we collapsed and I think the A's ended up catching us and taking the last WC spot.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep, this really is still the same old mariners with different window dressings. That win streak was fools gold. They can sometimes play good ball in the warmest of weather when the stars align just right.

Outside of that, they can't play consistent baseball. Their coaches can't pull players out of funks. They sort of just wait for them to come around on their own.

When you combine that with lower payroll, you get the Mariners.

PolarVortex

Better/Best
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep, this really is still the same old mariners with different window dressings. That win streak was fools gold. They can sometimes play good ball in the warmest of weather when the stars align just right.

Outside of that, they can't play consistent baseball. Their coaches can't pull players out of funks. They sort of just wait for them to come around on their own.

When you combine that with lower payroll, you get the Mariners.
The three guys I think of as being in funks are Winker, Frazier, and Crawford but they have been in funks all year long. Could be they just had fluke career years last year. Still other guys are pressing too hard at the plate. France's wrist is still affecting his swing and timing. No way he would be hitting .223 in the second half if he was healthy. Losing JRod and Suarez at the same time hurt. Haniger's return hasn't had the impact we had hoped for. Sudden Sam Haggerty has come back to Earth.

But I think there is still a potent playoff offense here. Kelenic has been on base five times and only struck once in the last three games. Suarez is back. Give him a couple more days and he'll get used to live pitching again.

If we have Kelenic, JROD, Haniger, and a non-rusty Suarez going into the playoffs, the offense is going to look a lot better. And Santana is about the best below-the-Mendoza-line clutch hitter this team has had in decades.

MarinersBestFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The three guys I think of as being in funks are Winker, Frazier, and Crawford but they have been in funks all year long. Could be they just had fluke career years last year. Still other guys are pressing too hard at the plate. France's wrist is still affecting his swing and timing. No way he would be hitting .223 in the second half if he was healthy. Losing JRod and Suarez at the same time hurt. Haniger's return hasn't had the impact we had hoped for. Sudden Sam Haggerty has come back to Earth.

But I think there is still a potent playoff offense here. Kelenic has been on base five times and only struck once in the last three games. Suarez is back. Give him a couple more days and he'll get used to live pitching again.

If we have Kelenic, JROD, Haniger, and a non-rusty Suarez going into the playoffs, the offense is going to look a lot better. And Santana is about the best below-the-Mendoza-line clutch hitter this team has had in decades.

I think we are:
1. an above avg pitching club
2. a slightly above avg power hitting club ( HRs )
3. a far below avg contact hitting for average club / driving in runs via non HR
4. a top 15% in the league fielding club

Desperate needs for legit power bat in the lineup ( corner OF or DH - or the unicorn of big bat 2nd basemen )

When the shift ends next season I see our current squads numbers increasing in both avg and getting runners advanced and a slight uptick in rbi's. But then again most clubs will see that same rise so there is no gain over your competition.

We are just not a line drive hitting ball club. watch all of our at bats each game and yes look at line drive foul balls not in play also.
Nightly our competition is squaring the ball up alot more than our hitters. Now keep in mind our opposition is doing that against a vastly superior pitching staff, where we in turn are simply not hitting hard hit balls against an inferior pitching staff. That is the Mariners glaring weakness right now. Their inability to put hard hit balls into play ( hard hit grounders thru the infield and / or hard hit line drives to the outfield ).

For Christ sakes, we do not even have a line up of guys who can hit a simple fly ball deep enough to the outfield to get a guy in from 3rd base.
Think about how many dozens and dozens, if not 100's of at bats that has happened ALL YEAR LONG. We are talking a simple sac fly to score a run.

This ball club will embarass themselves and the city in any post season play. Unless Julio is Ken Griffey II and hits .500 with a few HR's. Even if that happens they will pitch around him eventually and be happy to get out of any inning or jam facing Ty France or Mitch Haniger after putting Julio on trying to get him fishing for balls out of the zone.

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i dont even know what to say other then thank god for expanded playoffs and the fact that Baltimore most likely runs out of time/gas.

But FFS figure it out. At least Robbie Ray eluded to what we probably all knew after the game which is that they are pressing and worrying about other scores.

This doesnt need to be anything more then just playing baseball, not every AB should be about trying to hit the ball to Mars. So many pitches over the middle of the plate that just need to be put in play.

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The three guys I think of as being in funks are Winker, Frazier, and Crawford but they have been in funks all year long.
I think JP and Frazier are who they are. JP will be streaky and most of the time he wont be much of a producer other then taking walks.

Frazier is just a waste, his production is super reliant on babip results. Zero pop in his bat. He should be doing push ups like that guy in Major League whenever he hits the ball in the air because its simply not gonna go anywhere. And his tendency to chase pitches just makes him lose whatever small value he has.

Winker, i dont even know what to say. I think you just chalk it up to a move that didnt work out. I dont think anything is going to change that at this point

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You stumble uphill..or climbing
Jordan peterson(Clinical..psyco..canadien)

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mariners..san diego...do...the..same..

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mariners have been climing..the mountain...and now they stumble
At an inopportune time..
To be sure...but it was comming..

Why..yes..they have finally re=worked
There rotation...(glory be)..but the line
Up has not caught up yet.
Yes it has almost..and if that line up..
Is showing cracks..as know..
Then you get a stumble
And if the bull pen is showing cracks as well..
Then you get a stumble....
With julio..out who has carried
.the mariners..at ..times this year..
Yes it is a let down...
But to realize....and overcome...is to learn....

What you have..
For a ball club...

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Injuries..wipe out..white Sox.

And at such..a time...the mariners as well.

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The mariners achillies..no extras..
Are stepping up..
Baltimore.
Tampa.
Toronto
Have extras at AAA and AA..aw...mass

And that is why..minnesota.says..they will
win 90 next year..cuz..they are all in position.
For them..as well.

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mariners need conforto
With a badness....past that..its up..to.
Dipoto..but..its fixable...in convential
Or easy..ways....and easy..to see.
He has the tools..he needs..
For the offseason..

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Which means goldy should do commidy..
Instead..
He was not..all that bad..while interview
ball players on u tube..
Julio..was better...ok..so he was..lololo

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like goldy could...and maybe should.

Do me... minors..and draft...affect..on mariners
.and rike riz..combo..
I get into calling the game..like an actioneer...lololol..or square dance caller..

Yeah
.just doce doe...to 2nd base..it no disgrace..
But any who....goldy...just be ...you..

Last edited:

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bata bata..bata...2 for
Know 3..

What I got here
..what I there....

Hr..and
Salami.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Still hoping it is they play to their competitions level. But pitching staff has started to look tired.

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If goldy needs to learn...how to sell..

Go down to the flee..market..

And sell...to real..people..

That is where
..corparation...loses track....cuz they have..no buisness..there.
.they often miss.
What is going on....on the street...

Huggy bear....

Last edited:

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with robbie..just go out..
And play