• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Rangers motor into Detroit to rock the Tigers - 8/20 - 23

gb2

I Hate Orange.!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Won 5 of last 6...the one they lost?....I had 200.00 clams on...go figure.

:L

BULLPEN FAILURE

2023 World Series Champions
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've got my ideas on what we should do going forward. Batted ideas around with some fans yesterday in the stands. And I'd like to hear from some of you guys on how much/how long for Colby?

First off, Colby has proved that his health is really not an issue. 29 starts last year and 24 so far this year. His WHIP has improved drastically this year from last year. Hits, Walks, and HR's per 9 innings are also down from last year. Strikeouts per 9 are down, but slightly. Colby is an innings eater, a solid back-end workhorse. He'll have his bad games, and the occasional great one, but mostly he's firmly planted in the middle of the gamut. Nothing fancy.

If I'm JD, I start at 1 year, $6 million (which is a 50% raise from this year) with an option for a second year that kicks in automatically if he reaches certain numbers (30 starts or 200 IP or something). I wouldn't have a problem going up to 7.5 for that first year.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First off, Colby has proved that his health is really not an issue. 29 starts last year and 24 so far this year. His WHIP has improved drastically this year from last year. Hits, Walks, and HR's per 9 innings are also down from last year. Strikeouts per 9 are down, but slightly. Colby is an innings eater, a solid back-end workhorse. He'll have his bad games, and the occasional great one, but mostly he's firmly planted in the middle of the gamut. Nothing fancy.

If I'm JD, I start at 1 year, $6 million (which is a 50% raise from this year) with an option for a second year that kicks in automatically if he reaches certain numbers (30 starts or 200 IP or something). I wouldn't have a problem going up to 7.5 for that first year.

We're in each others neighborhood. But if I'm Colby's agent, I'm going to point out some of what you did in your 1st paragraph. Plus, I'm gonna point out how many other pitchers out there not doing what he's doing and making a boat-load more. Therefore, next year is the year, for Colby's team to get payed.

What I was thinking - we're pretty close really - next year @ $8 mil, 2nd year at $6, all guaranteed. Something in this range, and you/me are pretty much splitting-hairs (if you've got as few as me then splitting up a bunch of zeros at this point in time).

BULLPEN FAILURE

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What I was thinking - we're pretty close really - next year @ $8 mil, 2nd year at $6, all guaranteed. Something in this range, and you/me are pretty much splitting-hairs (if you've got as few as me then splitting up a bunch of zeros at this point in time).

I might switch those figures - $6m for 2016 and $8m for $2017, so that there's a raise each year - but otherwise, that's a good deal for both sides.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I might switch those figures - $6m for 2016 and $8m for $2017, so that there's a raise each year - but otherwise, that's a good deal for both sides.

Our work is done. Let's call it a day and belly-up to the bar. First round is on me.

BULLPEN FAILURE

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only issue really is... If you sign Lewis for 2 years, then (best case scenario) the rotation for the next years is Darvish/Hamels/Holland/Perez/Lewis. Now don't get me wrong, I man-crush on that rotation so hard it's not even funny, but if I'm JD, I do have to keep the kids coming up in my mind.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rangers OF Josh Hamilton (knee) could require a stint on the DL

Rangers outfielder Josh Hamilton seems more and more destined to land on the disabled list, as his sore knee continues to bother him. Hamilton hasn't played since Saturday due to the injury.

"We're close to making a decision," manager Jeff Banister said,per MLB.com. "We're not ready to say he is a DL candidate. We don't do that until it's necessary. We don't have to make a decision today."

Hamilton did have a cortisone shot last week, but admitted he was still feeling pain following the injection.

"It's a day-to-day thing seeing how it feels and trying new things," Hamilton said before Wednesday's finale vs. the Mariners. "We'll get together today and figure out what is the best thing to do.

"If I could play through it, I would be out there right now," Hamilton said. "If I went out there right now, we would be back where we were four days ago: swollen or worse."

Hamilton has already been on the DL twice this season, including a trip to start the season.

You have to think they will put Josh on the DL soon, retro to his last game played. No big surprise, the guy is his own walking triage center.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rangers OF Josh Hamilton (knee) could require a stint on the DL

Rangers outfielder Josh Hamilton seems more and more destined to land on the disabled list, as his sore knee continues to bother him. Hamilton hasn't played since Saturday due to the injury.

"We're close to making a decision," manager Jeff Banister said,per MLB.com. "We're not ready to say he is a DL candidate. We don't do that until it's necessary. We don't have to make a decision today."

Hamilton did have a cortisone shot last week, but admitted he was still feeling pain following the injection.

"It's a day-to-day thing seeing how it feels and trying new things," Hamilton said before Wednesday's finale vs. the Mariners. "We'll get together today and figure out what is the best thing to do.

"If I could play through it, I would be out there right now," Hamilton said. "If I went out there right now, we would be back where we were four days ago: swollen or worse."

Hamilton has already been on the DL twice this season, including a trip to start the season.

You have to think they will put Josh on the DL soon, retro to his last game played. No big surprise, the guy is his own walking triage center.
Round and round and round he goes. Where it stops nobody knows. He's just like wiping your ass on a wagon wheel......Just keeps on coming around. I got tired of Josh and his crap along time ago and don't care how cheap he is. This will continue till he is no more.

Reactions: gb2

Xx srs bsns xX

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,409.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Won 5 of last 6...the one they lost?....I had 200.00 clams on...go figure.

:L

That was against Iwakuma (who won against the Rangers previously in Seattle, then went on to throw a no-hitter)... why would you bet 200 on THAT match-up?! (especially with Chi-Chi starting)

gb2

I Hate Orange.!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was against Iwakuma (who won against the Rangers previously in Seattle, then went on to throw a no-hitter)... why would you bet 200 on THAT match-up?! (especially with Chi-Chi starting)

Easy to play Monday morning qb ain't it?.....I got caught up in the hype of the 4 game streak. .....:gaah:

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Easy to play Monday morning qb ain't it?.....I got caught up in the hype of the 4 game streak. .....:gaah:
If there was 1 of 3 games to lay off of that was the one. Iwakuma was on a roll.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Round and round and round he goes. Where it stops nobody knows. He's just like wiping your ass on a wagon wheel......Just keeps on coming around. I got tired of Josh and his crap along time ago and don't care how cheap he is. This will continue till he is no more.
Part of the problem is he was never really ready to begin with. But he has had some really big hits for us this year. For me at 2 mill a year I do not want to completely give up on the guy.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He will never be fully healthy, his body just won't hold up to the daily routine of MLB. He will continue to play 3 days per week when he can, and will go back and forth to the DL 4-5 times per season I would expect. While he has helped in some big spots so far, and likely will sporadically, I too have grown tired of hearing about it. It grates on me like having to hear about whether or not Favre was retiring for all those years.

gb2

I Hate Orange.!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If there was 1 of 3 games to lay off of that was the one. Iwakuma was on a roll.

Well at least I had the Royals that night for 2...so that offset the loss.
I had ta sweat the bitch out for 13 innings though.

Justinkm83

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Me, my buddy, and a few strangers-in-the-stands seemed to have run the gambit on it yesterday. ha ha ha

However, you and I are pretty close. I think my mind set is this, without nailing anything to the wall, unless someone else out there does something insane (3 years at $22-24 mil), you're going nowhere. You want to be here, we want ya here, and we also know you have more than delivered for us.

Would 2 years at $15 mil too much for you to swallow?

I don't know if he's even in the rotation after Yu comes back. Seems pricey to me for a guy that has an ERA close to 4.5. I'm hoping Chi Chi keeps progressing and becomes our 5th starter next year.

BULLPEN FAILURE

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jon Edwards (Jim Egg Jr. as I call him) is the PTBNL to Pads.

BULLPEN FAILURE

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tonight's lineup as Big Prince makes his return to Detroit for the first time:

DDJ - CF
Choo - RF
Prince - DH
AB - 3B