• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: Rangers look to hang some L's on the O's: BAL v TEX 4/14-17

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My vote is for Fielder, but I'd imagine we'll have to eat at least 4m/yr to do it.

I'd love to see Prince gone, but at the same time, I can't imagine another team wanting him for $14 mil per for the next 5 years.

Seeing how much he tailed off late last year, and how mightily he's struggled this season, the hopes of getting anything out of him for the final 2 years is damn near zero.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd love to see Prince gone, but at the same time, I can't imagine another team wanting him for $14 mil per for the next 5 years.

Seeing how much he tailed off late last year, and how mightily he's struggled this season, the hopes of getting anything out of him for the final 2 years is damn near zero.

Yeah im afraid the money and years owed on that contract is going to bite us in the ass in the short and long term

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah im afraid the money and years owed on that contract is going to bite us in the ass in the short and long term

If a team would take him and ask us to only eat $4 mil per ($20 mil total) JD would do this so fast it would make our heads spin.

Hell, I drive to Prince's house and help em wrap & pack. ha

I'm not trying to hate on Fielder. But today, his contract looks really upside down to me.

Duane1952

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will come out and say it and take it on the chin like a man but if this is Wash managing this team we are all over him right now. Keep hitting a black hole in the 6 spot and was fortunate 2 nights ago to bring in Scheppers #2 but it got him last night. As far as I am concerned I would rather see Klein pitch than that total waste. Send him to AAA to figure this out and quit sticking with guys for no apparent reason. And when Choo gets back I sure hope Rua or Maz are sent down.

Banny should catch some flak for continually playing Desmond and not playing Rua.

Nightcrawler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can Wilhelmsen just focus on bar tending from now on?

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Banny should catch some flak for continually playing Desmond and not playing Rua.
By the way I meant to say that when Choo comes back that I sure hope Rua and Maz ARE NOT sent down. My bad.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
By the way I meant to say that when Choo comes back that I sure hope Rua and Maz ARE NOT sent down. My bad.

Well sir, something is gonna have to give. Because when Choo comes back, he's in RF. The Rangers have no choice but to put him there.

And if all other things maintain, this means Mazara goes to LF.

So then you'd have Choo in right, CF is manned by DDJ/Desmond, LF has a cast of Mazara/Hamilton/Rua. This is not going to fly. Somebody (s) has gotta go.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well sir, something is gonna have to give. Because when Choo comes back, he's in RF. The Rangers have no choice but to put him there.

So then you'd have Choo in right, CF is manned by DDJ/Desmond, LF has a cast of Mazara/Hamilton/Rua. This is not going to fly. Somebody (s) has gotta go.
May be Hamilton Desmond /both.

Duane1952

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'm afraid they're going to bench DDJ and put in Desmond in CF. Hope this doesn't happen. But it looks like they want Desmond in the lineup everyday.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
May be Hamilton Desmond /both.

I'm assuming you're saying these two for the short "outta here" line. Right?

With ya partner.....big time.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm afraid they're going to bench DDJ and put in Desmond in CF. Hope this doesn't happen. But it looks like they want Desmond in the lineup everyday.

I'm scratching my head today about the time on field for Mr Desmond. As we've discussed, we're in the "WTF category" on this subject.

But benching a starter, DDJ, and putting Desmond in his place is a conspiracy theory. I'm not there.....YET. ha

gregrey972

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i agree there is a concerted effort to get Desmond in the line up as much as possible...and I believe it is in hopes that he starts hitting well enough that we can trade him and a bullpen piece for a catcher potentially and clear up the outfield situation once everyone is healthy.

TheRangerDude

(Dude/Dudeim)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Glad they got Beltre locked up... a little more than I thought they would give him but he has earned it. Sorta wish they would have held out a bit longer just to give him more motivation.

On the other, its starting to look like the Ms got one over on us with Wilhelmsen. Guy used to be lights out but has looked like a batting practice pitcher for the most part this season.