• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: Rangers look to hang some L's on the O's: BAL v TEX 4/14-17

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

saddles

Be Patient and Finish Right #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They did it with Cliff Lee and I think Darvish, seemed like it worked out well after an initial adjustment period by other pitchers, they're just trying to maximize the number of starts they get out of Hamels
I understand the reasoning. I just seem to recall that especially with Lee, when they did it to a greater extent than they did with Hamels last year, that the results weren't very good. I don't think it is wise to mess with 4 other pitchers to try and help a pitcher who is really good anyway. Also, in the long run it might be better to get Hamels an extra day of rest every now and then when the schedule allows it.

Last edited:

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I understand the reasoning. I just seem to recall that especially with Lee, when they did it to a greater extent than they did with Hamels last year, that the results weren't very good. I don't think it is wise to mess with 4 other pitchers to try and help a pitcher who is really good anyway. Also, in the long run it might be better to get Hamels an extra day of rest every now and then when the schedule allows it.

Agreed. It can mess with the other pitchers routine.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've got Suddenlink too, and on their expanded basic you get the extra FSSW feed, for whatever that's worth.

I have suddenlink here in tyler and it was on channel 239 last night instead of the regular FSSW on 238 which showed the Stars game. Bryan/CS may have different programming though IDK?

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jeff was referring to Desmond scoring from 1st on Rougie's double.

He was flying around the bases after he accidentally got on base with that lucky inside out swing that he almost whiffed on

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
  • While the Rangers already utilized some significant prospect capital to add Cole Hamels last year, the organization could be in a position to do the same for another quality starter at this year’s trade deadline, Ken Rosenthal of FOX Sports reports. The club’s blue chip youngsters surely won’t be parted with lightly, but Rosenthal says that they could be pried loose if a top-quality, controllable rotation piece can be had over the summer.
Any thoughts on which top arm this might be?

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

For fun.
Flat out the coolest turn ever. Roogie is an amazingly talented young man.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
  • While the Rangers already utilized some significant prospect capital to add Cole Hamels last year, the organization could be in a position to do the same for another quality starter at this year’s trade deadline, Ken Rosenthal of FOX Sports reports. The club’s blue chip youngsters surely won’t be parted with lightly, but Rosenthal says that they could be pried loose if a top-quality, controllable rotation piece can be had over the summer.

Don't think he's got anyone in mind. Just an attempt to get people speculating and reading. I wouldn't be surprised to see them try to make a trade for a top end starter if they're concerned about their ability to re-sign Darvish.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Rosenthal is crazy. Our rotation is one of the better ones in baseball right now and we are about to add Darvish in a few weeks. It would make a lot more sense to add a good catcher than a pitcher and I don't think there is much of a possibility of adding a catcher. Injury is the only thing that will make this club make a big trade this year I think. Even that would depend on who got injured. It would probably take a long term injury to one of our top 3 starting pitchers for us to consider any sort of big trade.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Four Texas Rangers make Baseball America Prospect Hot Sheet

Baseball America's Prospect Hot Sheet is out, and 20% of the list consists of Texas Rangers prospects -- four of the 20 on the list are in the Rangers system.

Joey Gallo, of course, tops the list, with a .333/.417/.833 slash line to start the season. This is where a fair chunk of the fanbase is going to start screaming, "Trade him now!!!" because he strikes out a lot and struggled last year in the majors and fans too often think a guy who isn't a star the moment he is called up is going to be a bust (I am already dreading reading the Nomar Mazara "the league has figured him out, another overhyped prospect" #hottakes when Mazara goes through a 2 for 18 slump in a couple of weeks). But Gallo, interestingly, seems to be someone who the professional observers seem to be higher on than the casual fan, which I don't think was the case 12 months ago.

Also making the cut are Hickory second base Andy Ibanez, at #3, High Desert second baseman Travis Demeritte, at #5, and Hickory pitcher Dillon Tate, at #13. Tate had an outstanding start yesterday for the Crawdads, striking out 10 over 6 shutout innings, with Mark Parker saying his fastball topped out at 97.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Apparently now the club is leaning toward Kiner-Falefa as the prospect to try at catcher.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am really glad the Astros traded this kid along with 4 other kids to Philly for Giles. lol

Of course when we face Philly in the WS in a few years with both Velasquez and Eickhoff pitching against us I might change my mind.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Rosenthal is crazy. Our rotation is one of the better ones in baseball right now and we are about to add Darvish in a few weeks. It would make a lot more sense to add a good catcher than a pitcher and I don't think there is much of a possibility of adding a catcher. Injury is the only thing that will make this club make a big trade this year I think. Even that would depend on who got injured. It would probably take a long term injury to one of our top 3 starting pitchers for us to consider any sort of big trade.

Pretty small sample size to be declaring our rotation one of the best in the majors. Especially considering Perez's peripherals are awfully shaky.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am really glad the Astros traded this kid along with 4 other kids to Philly for Giles. lol

Of course when we face Philly in the WS in a few years with both Velasquez and Eickhoff pitching against us I might change my mind.
Great pitching by both Velasquez and Eickhoff but the Padres have been shut out at least 5 times this year that I know of. We would all be having fits on this board if that was the Rangers offense.