• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: Rangers invade Beantown. July 9-11

Kelleyman

Rebuild done....It all starts with pitching
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Almost think Minor is more of a potential offseason move than now. Just think the postseason experience is more of a factor with Cole. Would not most of the teams pick up a guy only if they need him to start come playoffs. Usually that is the case

BULLPEN FAILURE

2023 World Series Champions
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Almost think Minor is more of a potential offseason move than now. Just think the postseason experience is more of a factor with Cole. Would not most of the teams pick up a guy only if they need him to start come playoffs. Usually that is the case

Hamels has pitched three games in the postseason since 2011, and in one he completely shit the bed. I'd be careful not to overestimate how much of a factor that is with trading him.

saddles

Be Patient and Finish Right #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No......

Cole is an expiring contract.
He would still have to be replaced for this year though. If you are not worrying about the reat of this year then there will be free agent pitchers to acquire in the offseason. Losing both Hamels and Minor in 2 weeks wouldn't be something that would himder our rebuilding at all and we would still not have to start 5 AAA pitchers next year.

saddles

Be Patient and Finish Right #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some might need Minor to enhance their chances to make the playoffs. Sone might want to use him in the pen in the postseason. In fact, using him in the pen the rest of this year might be very attractive even to very good teams. Then they could use him in the rotation next year.

Kelleyman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some might need Minor to enhance their chances to make the playoffs. Sone might want to use him in the pen in the postseason. In fact, using him in the pen the rest of this year might be very attractive even to very good teams. Then they could use him in the rotation next year.

Pen this year and rotation next makes perfect sense.

Kelleyman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hamels has pitched three games in the postseason since 2011, and in one he completely shit the bed. I'd be careful not to overestimate how much of a factor that is with trading him.
Just think being on the big stage is not as issue. The big issues are loss of stuff and the money involved. A team like the Yankees need SP

Indrid Cold

Member In Black
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Made trip to Fenway so thought I should start thread. Geared out and ready to support Rangers.
If you rented a car, watch out for fake parking attendants at the nearby garages...I was in a group of people waiting in line for one who all lost big bucks and a nearby cop was like yeah, whatevah.
The T is the way to go if at all possible...
The food outside the pahk is usually better than inside, maybe even think about getting an El Tiante Cuban if that stand is still open.
Have fun!

Kelleyman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you rented a car, watch out for fake parking attendants at the nearby garages...I was in a group of people waiting in line for one who all lost big bucks and a nearby cop was like yeah, whatevah.
The T is the way to go if at all possible...
The food outside the pahk is usually better than inside, maybe even think about getting an El Tiante Cuban if that stand is still open.
Have fun!

Thanks we stayed close to Fenway and just walked. I saw those parking attendants hmmm. Park. Haha

Took T only other time to Boston otherwise Ubered

Now back in town as my presence went sour in the 8th for the Rangers

Indrid Cold

Member In Black
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks we stayed close to Fenway and just walked. I saw those parking attendants hmmm. Park. Haha
That's the smartest solution, just stay near Fenway.
While walking, just remember that the #1 cause of traffic accidents in Boston is two cars aiming for the same pedestrian...

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Our entire team stunk in that series. So let's blow off the 2 good starts.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

We walked from our hotel which was on the other side of the Charles about 30 minutes away by foot.

BULLPEN FAILURE

2023 World Series Champions
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Our entire team stunk in that series. So let's blow off the 2 good starts.

You have a really bizarre habit of hearing someone mention 1 aspect of a situation and then assuming they are completely ignoring or discounting all other aspects. That's twice you've done it today.

Indrid Cold

Member In Black
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We walked from our hotel which was on the other side of the Charles about 30 minutes away by foot.
One game some time ago when the T did not seem like a good option, a coworker recommended that I park in an MIT lot. She (former MIT student) said there are almost always spots available, they never tow, and all you get is a $20 MIT police ticket that doesn't even have to be paid if you are not an MIT student or faculty member.
I took a chance, got a decent spot, and paid the ticket as it was probably the best possible deal for parking in the area. I even wrote a note on the ticket thanking them for the great value.

Now, this was 10 or more years ago, might be a different story now...on the other hand, I reserved a spot at Simmons College closer to Fenway through ParkWhiz last year and it was horrible. Extremely cramped and nasty underground garage, useless attendants, and a very bad place to get out of when there was traffic.

(BTW - MIT was only an option when SCHOOL WAS OUT)

Kelleyman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's the smartest solution, just stay near Fenway.
While walking, just remember that the #1 cause of traffic accidents in Boston is two cars aiming for the same pedestrian...

Well we were on Beacon albeit not near Cheers but only 10 minutes from pahk I thought the Segways were the #1 cause? Wasting probably walked past old rental. Nice roof though and view of Citgo

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well we were on Beacon albeit not near Cheers but only 10 minutes from pahk I thought the Segways were the #1 cause? Wasting probably walked past old rental. Nice roof though and view of Citgo
We walked past Boston University. In fact it was their graduation night. Did you find the walkways rather cramped? We had some rain and had to go underneath and was that ever crowded.

Kelleyman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We walked past Boston University. In fact it was their graduation night. Did you find the walkways rather cramped? We had some rain and had to go underneath and was that ever crowded.

We came from other side of BU in 4 story BRB. Missed that tunnel. Super close. Tons of people hawking T-shirt’s etc and tix in route. I want to go to Wrigley next.

Side note Perez is slated to start next series and Minor is likely to get innings limited.

Kelleyman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Fro your MLB ASB pregame amusement

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OPINION PLZ: will IKF be our catcher in 2020?

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Crawler did ya see Odor's HR. Tom said it was 450'. :yes: