• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: Rangers hosting and then traveling to play the LA Dodgers

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Btw, it was nice to see Prince flash some power again last night with the double and oppo home run. He also smashed a ball to the deepest part of the park right after Gallo's bomb that was nice to see. Hopefully that continues.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honest to goodness, the thing which has not just surprised me, but shocked me, is his discipline at the plate.

I've got no problem with the K's really. Like you said, we knew this was part of the package. So be it.

You take his K's vs the power/walk potential and what we've got is a monster.

Additionally, he really seems to be a good fella, excellent clubhouse presence.

His eye was awful initially but he was obviously just amped up. He's drastically improved that in the last 10 days or so.

jaar01

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Since an 8-16 start the Rangers have the best record in baseball. Not bad considering their 3 best starting pitchers are out in addition to the losses of Beltre and Hamilton.

Great job Rangers!

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Since an 8-16 start the Rangers have the best record in baseball. Not bad considering their 3 best starting pitchers are out in addition to the losses of Beltre and Hamilton.

Great job Rangers!
It has been pretty special to watch unfold. The environment in that club house is special and has a lot to do with their play on the field....well, that and the starting pitching coming outta no where

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd take all all day, every day, and twice on Sundays. Would prefer slightly more walks and slightly less strikeouts, which I think will happen. His eye at the plate has improved drastically the last week or so.

And his strike outs are not necessarily a product of swinging at pitches way out of the strike zone. Some and more so against LHers are a strike that he is just swinging thru. So as you say he has shown to have a good eye. Like anyone there will be the occasional wild swing and the phantom outside pitch called a strike.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One thing that cracks me up with Gallo is he seems to be talking, jerking his head and eyes, looking uncomfortable like he is being attacked by something inside his uniform.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gallo is one of the few who has Stanton like power. If you saw that HR last night from the side view it was a moonshot and still traveled over all the fans sitting out in right-center. When the guy hits one he hits one.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yesterday I was channel surfing and landed on the Dan Le Batard Show. Not much of a program actually, but what he said was a perfect illustration of how little the East Coast Media knows about the rest of the nations baseball goings on.

They showed one of Gallo's mammoth blasts to which Dan responds, "Yeah, what a shot. But he struck out the next 25 times up, so it really doesn't matter so much."

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And his strike outs are not necessarily a product of swinging at pitches way out of the strike zone. Some and more so against LHers are a strike that he is just swinging thru. So as you say he has shown to have a good eye. Like anyone there will be the occasional wild swing and the phantom outside pitch called a strike.

He's definitely got a bit of a hole in his swing, and it's because of the trajectory of his swing. His bat doesn't spend nearly as much time in the zone as it could, and also that he's looking to hurt the baseball every time. It's just the nature of the beast, and I really don't want to tinker with him too much trying to change his mechanics.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's definitely got a bit of a hole in his swing, and it's because of the trajectory of his swing. His bat doesn't spend nearly as much time in the zone as it could, and also that he's looking to hurt the baseball every time. It's just the nature of the beast, and I really don't want to tinker with him too much trying to change his mechanics.

Gallo will do some "tinkering" himself through experience and coaching. Like you said earlier, look how much better his zone recognition is today as it was just a short while ago.

For such an inexperienced and young player, he sure seems totally relaxed and making the most of this experience, regardless if he takes a turn for the worse or not.

He's quick with a smile, seems to be quite self-effacing, and his teammates truly seem to admire and appreciate having him. I feel same.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Glad the US Open is on to watch until the game is on.

darrylgann

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I got a broom handy just in case ;)